warrior911

1v1 Pvp Tournament

How it works:

- People are randomly warped in a room against another player

- Duel for 10 minutes with FCP for both players and storage disabled

- Winner gets a point. No points for a tie or lose

- 1 minute rest after every round to refill items

- After 5 rounds the top 8 scoring proceed to playoffs

- Championship is best of 3 rounds in an Arena where there could be spectators around but cannot interfere

Please leave feedback if you like this suggestion or not and leave comments. Let’s make this happen guys!! :th_bo: :th_e9: :th_thx:

Edited by warrior911

We used to organize our own PVP tournaments when players actually listen and not cause disruptions.

I like the idea, but it definitely is very hard to pull off automated. It also gives a huge advantage to the stalker class and paladin class. Sure, both of you gain lvl 3 fcp, but a stalker would just have to wait for that to come off, and it is clearly under 10 minutes. Paladin would be the favorite here as it is virtually unkillable in 1v1 situations. If you fight against a pally, either you lose, or you both are alive at the 10 minute mark.

• Like 1

We used to organize our own PVP tournaments when players actually listen and not cause disruptions.

I like the idea, but it definitely is very hard to pull off automated. It also gives a huge advantage to the stalker class and paladin class. Sure, both of you gain lvl 3 fcp, but a stalker would just have to wait for that to come off, and it is clearly under 10 minutes. Paladin would be the favorite here as it is virtually unkillable in 1v1 situations. If you fight against a pally, either you lose, or you both are alive at the 10 minute mark.

Would battle pallies be unkillable 1v1 in 10 minutes? I was thinking that if pallies are built to kill then they are also vulnerable. If the pally was built to tank, then he probably won't be able to kill either so it would be pointless for them to go. Then I wouldn't bring a tank pally unless I am trolling. The trolls won’t make it past the first round and they’ll just waste seeds if they keep coming. They might also be paired against their friends or against other trolls so I’m thinking there won’t be as much players with this build.

As for the stalkers, they won’t be sure to win since they could be facing a biochemist so they can’t just rely on their strip. For other job classes, they have 6 minutes to kill the stalker and that’s doable if they’re good and know how to fight a stalker. If that’s not fair enough then maybe it could be increased to LvL 4 FCP (8minutes). But if this part is ruining the event, and people really are just using mostly stalkers then perhaps it could be change to Lvl 5 FCP. What do you think?

Would battle pallies be unkillable 1v1 in 10 minutes? I was thinking that if pallies are built to kill then they are also vulnerable. If the pally was built to tank, then he probably won't be able to kill either so it would be pointless for them to go. Then I wouldn't bring a tank pally unless I am trolling. The trolls won’t make it past the first round and they’ll just waste seeds if they keep coming. They might also be paired against their friends or against other trolls so I’m thinking there won’t be as much players with this build.

As for the stalkers, they won’t be sure to win since they could be facing a biochemist so they can’t just rely on their strip. For other job classes, they have 6 minutes to kill the stalker and that’s doable if they’re good and know how to fight a stalker. If that’s not fair enough then maybe it could be increased to LvL 4 FCP (8minutes). But if this part is ruining the event, and people really are just using mostly stalkers then perhaps it could be change to Lvl 5 FCP. What do you think?

1. Would battle pallies be unkillable in 1v1 in 10 minutes? Yes, very much. As they are battle pallies, their STR is high(more supplies), and even if they do not have 700k hp, they still have alot, probably a bare minimum of 300k+(as far as i remember, my not so geared battle pally had more than 350k on one tao). Couple it up with his defensive buffs and you got something unkillable. Since it will be 1v1, the pally won't really have trouble switching. If a pally vs champ came out, the champ can't do anything. If he asura, he will die and his TSS is weak due to defender. Snipers are screwed as well. They may not damage much unless the pally had thana, but he still deals decent and constant damage. If the fight is for 10 minutes, the one with the most HP wins due to the fact that he uses supplies much slower. The only one who might have a chance to win is a full int biochemist and if he catches the pally and breaks his armor. Other than that, pallies offer the best chance as his margin for error is good enough that you probably won't die if you keep yourself in check.

2. Defensive stalkers(those who copied defensive skills like flip tatami) are much harder to kill than the normal ones. so the 6 minutes there might be enough. I would prefer a blanket lvl 5 fcp so that biochemists do not have a distinct advantage, or everyone else will be using bio and that is a fight i do not want to see. I main biochemists, so I fought tons of bios before and it probably is the most boring 1v1 i did in this game. It's practically brainless spam unless someone is a hybrid, then the hybrid wins if that happens.

3. We might have to make more rules regarding it too. Example: A good soul linker basically is also unkillable since he can auto-resu. A Reducts tarot spamming clown/gypsy would probably be popular. In short, it is hard to make this really automated. If it is a pvp tournament, we had to make a set of rules, banning some skills if we had to, just to make an even playing field. Skills are not an issue on other pvp stuff, because it is normally a team game. 1v1 official tournaments or events are another thing.

-1 it would be easier to organize this at for_fild or some other place if you wanted to make a pvp tournament with friends or others to prevent "cheesy" classes like soul linker or battle pallies. Not to mention, a 1v1 tournament would take forever to complete with the size of the server. Everyone would join and there is no certain way to stop a player from using multiple accounts.

1. Would battle pallies be unkillable in 1v1 in 10 minutes? Yes, very much. As they are battle pallies, their STR is high(more supplies), and even if they do not have 700k hp, they still have alot, probably a bare minimum of 300k+(as far as i remember, my not so geared battle pally had more than 350k on one tao). Couple it up with his defensive buffs and you got something unkillable. Since it will be 1v1, the pally won't really have trouble switching. If a pally vs champ came out, the champ can't do anything. If he asura, he will die and his TSS is weak due to defender. Snipers are screwed as well. They may not damage much unless the pally had thana, but he still deals decent and constant damage. If the fight is for 10 minutes, the one with the most HP wins due to the fact that he uses supplies much slower. The only one who might have a chance to win is a full int biochemist and if he catches the pally and breaks his armor. Other than that, pallies offer the best chance as his margin for error is good enough that you probably won't die if you keep yourself in check.

2. Defensive stalkers(those who copied defensive skills like flip tatami) are much harder to kill than the normal ones. so the 6 minutes there might be enough. I would prefer a blanket lvl 5 fcp so that biochemists do not have a distinct advantage, or everyone else will be using bio and that is a fight i do not want to see. I main biochemists, so I fought tons of bios before and it probably is the most boring 1v1 i did in this game. It's practically brainless spam unless someone is a hybrid, then the hybrid wins if that happens.

3. We might have to make more rules regarding it too. Example: A good soul linker basically is also unkillable since he can auto-resu. A Reducts tarot spamming clown/gypsy would probably be popular. In short, it is hard to make this really automated. If it is a pvp tournament, we had to make a set of rules, banning some skills if we had to, just to make an even playing field. Skills are not an issue on other pvp stuff, because it is normally a team game. 1v1 official tournaments or events are another thing.

I wouldn't even argue about the pallies. I can't think of any other job class that could beat a pally with FCP 1v1. Is it possible that pallies are not allowed in the event simply because they are the most OP in the server? Unless their skills get nerfed for the event, I don’t know what to do with them.

I can see the problem with stalkers and biochems so perhaps level 5 FCP would be the best.

Regarding the soul linker, they should be warped when they die just like in other events so they can’t resu themselves

I can also see the problem with redux build and trolls. So how about this:

- Point system instead of elimination

- You get 1 point per kill and 0 if the time expires and opponent is still alive

- Everyone gets warped back to the refilling room once the 10 minutes expire

- 5 rounds

- Top 8 or so players (depending on the number limit) with the most points proceed to the semi-finals

This way people who rely on stripping/coma or just staying alive wouldn’t get any points so they can’t proceed because there is FCP and could just wear GTB to counter the coma

-1 it would be easier to organize this at for_fild or some other place if you wanted to make a pvp tournament with friends or others to prevent "cheesy" classes like soul linker or battle pallies. Not to mention, a 1v1 tournament would take forever to complete with the size of the server. Everyone would join and there is no certain way to stop a player from using multiple accounts.

Thanks for the feedback. So yes, I’m now suggesting to make it a point system so there would just be 5 rounds and not until it is down to 2 people. It wouldn’t be beneficial to use multiple accounts because all battle starts at the same time, so you will have to focus on just 1 character if you want to win

Thanks for the feedback. So yes, I’m now suggesting to make it a point system so there would just be 5 rounds and not until it is down to 2 people. It wouldn’t be beneficial to use multiple accounts because all battle starts at the same time, so you will have to focus on just 1 character if you want to win

If all battles start at the same time, wouldn't it be hard to keep track of for the spectators/GMs who host this event?

IMO, to refine this idea, I would suggest a gladiator style where 40 or so players enter a map that is free-for-all and the top 8 players (<-maybe more players) who get the most points will advance to the semi-finals where there will be a 1v1 match and your opponent is chosen at random. To get a point in the 40 players FFA round, you get kills. For every one kill you get, you will be rewarded with five points. During the semi-final rounds, you can spend your points to get buffs. Certain buffs will cost a certain amount of points. During the final round you may also use your points for buffs so players have to spend their points wisely in the semi-final rounds. Semi-final rounds will be a best of 2/3. The remaining 4 players will advance to the final round where there will be a best of 3/5 round. The two remaining players will face it out in the championship match which will be a best of 3/5 round as well.

Idk I think that this idea would have less flaws and keep it better organized for whoever is hosting the event. Also it will force the cheesy classes to actually fight during the 1st round and not just run and spam seeds.

So it would look something like this after the 40 player FFA round if you don't get what i'm saying.

SCihfvy.png

Edited by Hollister
  • Like 1

If all battles start at the same time, wouldn't it be hard to keep track of for the spectators/GMs who host this event?

Everyone gets warped to a battle room randomly with 2 people max per room. There will be a countdown then PK will be activated similar to how it is for LMS. There will be no need to keep track of anyone, they will be both be warped to the refilling room once someone dies and the winner simply gets a point.

IMO, to refine this idea, I would suggest a gladiator style where 40 or so players enter a map that is free-for-all and the top 8 players (<-maybe more players) who get the most points will advance to the semi-finals where there will be a 1v1 match and your opponent is chosen at random. To get a point in the 40 players FFA round, you get kills. For every one kill you get, you will be rewarded with five points. During the semi-final rounds, you can spend your points to get buffs. Certain buffs will cost a certain amount of points. During the final round you may also use your points for buffs so players have to spend their points wisely in the semi-final rounds. Semi-final rounds will be a best of 2/3. The remaining 4 players will advance to the final round where there will be a best of 3/5 round. The two remaining players will face it out in the championship match which will be a best of 3/5 round as well.

Yes I love this idea too! It could also be done like how it was done in the anime One Piece where the participants are divided into 4 blocks: A, B, C, and D. Then the winners of each block could fight 1v1 and paired randomly. I like your version too but if everyone was just put in one arena then there could be alliance and a group of friends could be those top 8 players. Whereas if players were put in a block randomly then they can’t be sure their friends will be there and they’ll have to be prepared to fight on their own. Even if their friends were there, only 1 of them will win the whole block and proceed.

I really love the gladiator idea, my only problem with it is that there would be alliance and some ganging involved. I’d like to make it more 1v1 as much as possible because there are already lots of events that involve team work.

Idk I think that this idea would have less flaws and keep it better organized for whoever is hosting the event. Also it will force the cheesy classes to actually fight during the 1st round and not just run and spam seeds.

So it would look something like this after the 40 player FFA round if you don't get what i'm saying.

SCihfvy.png

In my revised suggestion, it is a point system so the “cheesy” classes would have to fight and actually win to earn themselves points or they won’t proceed. For example after 5 rounds, only the top 8 players with most kills continue to the playoff rounds (similar to the diagram you posted)

Edited by warrior911

Everyone gets warped to a battle room randomly with 2 people max per room. There will be a countdown then PK will be activated similar to how it is for LMS. There will be no need to keep track of anyone, they will be both be warped to the refilling room once someone dies and the winner simply gets a point.

Yes however I would like it so that you can have spectators too for people who just want to watch the PvP just like a real gladiator arena back in the ancient times. :)

I really love the gladiator idea, my only problem with it is that there would be alliance and some ganging involved. I’d like to make it more 1v1 as much as possible because there are already lots of events that involve team work.

Since there is no party, there is friendly fire so it would still be hard for people to gang. Also there is a limit to how many players can pass the gladiator round which splits up a gang to collect as many points as possible in the time limit.

Edited by Hollister

@Hollister

Your suggestion is almost like the LMS event. And just like in LMS, people could still work together to get lots of kills. Say there is a group of 8 friends that are well coordinated (a prof, champ, sniper etc.), it’s likely a couple of them could just go there as support (tarot, MB, provoke, magic strings etc.). Whereas if they were randomly assigned to different blocks then they can’t be sure what allies they can get. If you happened to be lucky to have your ally in your block then you’ll have to kill him anyway so then you can’t rely on having support for the next round.

Anyway, I still just want to do the 1v1 tournament unless there are obvious flaws in my original suggestion. This gladiator style was gonna be my last resort if the pure 1v1 really can’t be done

But yeah having spectators would be really cool either gladiator style as you suggested, or the Championship round in my 1v1 suggestion :th_bawi:

@Hollister

Your suggestion is almost like the LMS event. And just like in LMS, people could still work together to get lots of kills. Say there is a group of 8 friends that are well coordinated (a prof, champ, sniper etc.), it’s likely a couple of them could just go there as support (tarot, MB, provoke, magic strings etc.). Whereas if they were randomly assigned to different blocks then they can’t be sure what allies they can get. If you happened to be lucky to have your ally in your block then you’ll have to kill him anyway so then you can’t rely on having support for the next round.

Well if they did play support classes, they wouldn't advance to the next round without getting kills. Because it is based off the top 8 players who get the most points may advance to the next round. These group of friends can only make one person advance to the next round which in my opinion isn't efficient. Therefore they are forced to split up and fight people to gain points in order to advance to the next round.

Well if they did play support classes, they wouldn't advance to the next round without getting kills. Because it is based off the top 8 players who get the most points may advance to the next round. These group of friends can only make one person advance to the next round which in my opinion isn't efficient. Therefore they are forced to split up and fight people to gain points in order to advance to the next round.

True but what would happen is that most of the players that make it to the top 8 would have support of some sort. They could even hire a personal support player just for the first round. I could play a GS then hire a taroter/magic string then kill my biggest threats in the competition. There could be other combos like a champ and support priest for lex. The point is people could get other people to help them get lots of kills. Also, people could bring their alt characters if this would be the set up.

That beats the purpose of my suggestion

Edited by warrior911

For the the only 1 on 1 pvp tournament that can work is actually same class 1 on 1 pvp without buffs and stuff .. so it wont be unfair and stuff ..... with also time limit

And how about a party tournament?

One with 4 ppl max for each party?

That would solve the problems between classes and all that, like this we all have the same chances to win.

Exactly what Hollister said. What would happen is people would make allies with different parties like what is happening on BR. I see BR as the same concept as GvG, just that BR is at smaller scale which is why I made this suggestion just so we have something new.

For the the only 1 on 1 pvp tournament that can work is actually same class 1 on 1 pvp without buffs and stuff .. so it wont be unfair and stuff ..... with also time limit

I don't think people would support this, like Rayray said bio vs bio is the most boring fight he's done. I could see the same thing going on with other job classes, and the winner would just be who can spam the longest. Part of the fun in this suggestion is that you don't know what job type you would be facing. Besides, I don't see how it could be unfair because each job classes are supposed to be balanced in this server. No one could beat everyone and each class has their own strengths and weaknesses

Count me out if that happens, bio vs bio is the most boring thing ever. And it still gives me an advantage since I'm hybrid. Pretty sure a normal bio would easily die against a hybrid one wearing GTB + dual devs since he basically can't do anything.

Also, clown vs clown is a fight on who is luckier on the tarot. Honestly, the only 1v1 same class fight I wanna see are two good champions. All would be boring and will just be a seed spam fight.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed that this isn't getting any support. I'd think the server would be interested with organized PvP like this :/

Told ya, it's very hard to organize one. We had to keep killing and disqualifying people when we are trying it on our own simply because they do not listen.

Told ya, it's very hard to organize one. We had to keep killing and disqualifying people when we are trying it on our own simply because they do not listen.

Oh yeah, I know and I totally agree that it would be difficult now to host a tournament on our own like what Hollister what saying. Because people who lost are probably frustrated and would use alts and disrupt the event.

What I was saying though is that if this would be automated or GM hosted then normal players can’t simply warp to the location when they die. This is what I want to happen and I am disappointed that people are not talking about this – no opinions, not saying whether they like this suggestion or not, no feedback.

I’m thinking maybe I’ll oversimplify the thread so more people would read it and more discussion then add the details later if it gets a GM’s attention

This doesn't get any support because we all know GM's in this server won't put time & effort into these types of events.

What do you mean exactly by "these types of events"? I think it could be as much fun as BR or GvG and if enough people support it GMs would host it. It shouldn't be hard to be hosted by GM since they can warp people or jail those who disrupt the event but it would be difficult for normal players to host

This doesn't get any support because we all know GM's in this server won't put time & effort into these types of events.

If the GMs of the server do not put time and effort, we would not be holding on for 7 years.

Most of the time, it is the players that actually ruin an event, not the GM team. I remember around 2007-2008 when LMS really meant LMS because the players back then really wanted to do LMS. Now, go to one LMS event and see tons of people partying which each other. LTS was also being held quite frequent then, due to people actually listening to the GMs when they host it, instead of spamming the chat or even selling stuff at the event map.

Really, most of the time, it is the players(not all of course, but majority) that are at fault when events or pvp related things like this are not being pushed through.