LiveLoud

Restricted Woe (classic Woe)

-1 this is highrate server lol . too much classic .

Yeah you're right 'bout this.

But its not like all events/woe's will got affacted by this classic rule.

The suggestion say about making a new woe which has a classic rule.

Just saying in case you got the suggestion wrong.Pardon me if I ever being rude.

Let's talk about castle drops. I think there shouldn't be emps or other high value drops since the cost of this woe will be significantly lower compared to normal woe. Additionally normal woe should still be more attractive to players since it's probably one of the highest if not the highest reason for donations.

I think something like MVP cards or Bloody Branches or straight etoks might be good. Then this woe would enable new players to gear up via competition in an environment that is fair to them since it only requires non-custom items.

I prefer it drop event token so we can say this is an event rather then an actual woe.

Edited by gennova

I think the hardest part about the suggestion is how to balance everything. As ray pointed out a lvl limit could be bothersome if the level can't be reset to 99 by an npc. Also at 99/70, the usual lowrate lvl cap you don't have all skills at max lvl. If we only restrict the normal lvl there could still be issues with balance (though probably in a managable degree). At the moment I don't have good ideas on how to create a good balance for a fair environment, but if I come up with something I think is doable I'll post again.

Another issue that can be forseen with this is the fact that every class on the server requires kiel cards due to every single skill (except double strafe, and bowling bash) have aftercast delays. Which means that every single class would be limited to requiring a clown to stay with them 24/7 which means that 90% of classes (whitesmith, paladin, prof, high wizard, champion, sniper, and more) become roughly 80% less effective. Which means that the "classic" effect you guys are aiming for won't be possible unless the aftercast delays are set to normal and removed for the skills that are aspd based. If this is corrected then I wouldn't see an issue with it since it would be really fun to see the classic woe here instead of the standard woe where sinx and pally can tank an entire guild of people with all the custom gear.

I get that you're after more diversity in woe but my point is if a whitesmith is using 1 cart terminate every 2 seconds because of aftercast delay due to not having a clown by him 24/7 it makes the class pretty useless. Whitesmith is made to go out on it's own and deal some damage not sit by the precast because they can't do anything without bragi. Don't get me wrong I am all for having clowns there for the bragi on precast and other classes that have standard aftercast delays, but it's a bit unfair for the classes that have customized aftercast delays.

I once played a server(high rate) which also had a classic woe. I enjoyed the classic woe more because with all the items/donate I/we had it was pretty easy to solo the entire high rate woe(and berries were disabled). Although I'm still a newbie in this server I hope to be able to join soon. Ice Pick/Main gauches and mage classes are back since gtb literally screws them haha.