akhi

Forsakenro Mascot

First and foremost i would like to thank [GM]Cookie for giving me the courage to post this on the forums.

Now to my concept.

Considering that Fro has grown so much and is still growing people should remember something special about the server when they leave or when new players join. My only wish is for Fro to stand out from all the other servers(because i love it so much). I would like to propose A ForsakenRO Mascot. Something everyone will be able to remember. An object by which they will be able to describe the whole server. When anyone talks about ForsakenRO they must remember its fun and friendly mascot. This mascot can be used to represent the server in social media as well. It will be exclusive to the server and where ever ForsakenRO is mentioned its mascot will appear.

Choosing a mascot :

This will be the hard part

What i suggest it a competition where players will post their idea's on who the mascot should be. I personally think a monster would be the best for this.

Players can post the pictures of monsters along with their reasons. By reasons i mean why they think that particular monster or object has the potential of being the ForsakenRO mascot. This they can do according to their personal tastes. The Gm's can decide which is the most convincing and which could be the best mascot and implement it in various fields.

Uses of the mascot :

Now everyone has to keep in mind that this idea is just in its building stage and I'm still thinking of new ways to improve it.

The uses that i have figured out till now are :

1. A front for social media.

2. A fun symbol for the players.

3. The mascot will be able to Represent what the server is about and what the server aims to do.

HE

4. It will be able to ExTend put in by a player to play.

IME

5. And i definitely think this will increase the server revenue.

I hope this idea is taken seriously and i would appreciate any corrections or new ideas.

Thank you :)

Edited by akhi

I really think this is a good idea, it's like being in a highschool. People will remember your school team with the mascot they have, it can also front our advertising for the server. PLUS having a mascot is really cool :th_no1:

+1 for this idea.

• Like 1

I really think this is a good idea, it's like being in a highschool. People will remember your school team with the mascot they have, it can also front our advertising for the server. PLUS having a mascot is really cool :th_no1:

+1 for this idea.

And we can Photoshop it in voting link images and advertisment! :D

10/10 + 10 for the idea.

Don't see how a 'mascot' could help improve the server.. :/

It can't exactly help advertise, nor will it exactly draw people to it.

I could see using Skoll as a render on a banner or two, which might attract some attention because it's a customized garm.

But seeing as how this is a high-rate, there's nothing exactly exciting about that.

I tend to find sprites more interesting than mobs / mvps on banners and they look more attractive, because you can fully customize them with minimal effort. All you need is spr files to render them. Very versatile, given the amount of headgears there are. Plus you can add multiple classes & have a variety of items to show off the kind of custom content the server actually has without them having to search around for it.

You have a point zombee but a Mascot can help in many ways. Maybe not many old players but definitely the new players. And the basic job of a Mascot is to advertise and draw people in. And also when they see forsaken ro mentioned anywhere they will not only see a name but a symbol along with it that they haven't seen before which will spike their interest. It might not be exiting to people who have been here long but it will definitely be exiting to the newbies. The Mascot can pop up when the newbies reach a certain level and encourage them and guide them with links to guides on the forums for their particular class. What you said about sprites is interesting but who can accept a sprite as a Mascot? People will want to see a living thing rather than a lifeless object.

I would like everyone to read this before posting any more comments.

I'm going to describe what a Mascot is.

A mascot is a visual representation of a product, service or idea(in this case the server). In corporate terms it symbolizes the company(server) and the values it stands for or represents. A mascot is a powerful visual reminder, which when represented, projected and communicated through various media, assumes a life of its own and becomes a powerful reminder. Many companies combine the visual with a powerful bi line. The extended T of Toyota is a powerful visual representation which signifies the commitment of the company to provide automobiles that are world class

In this manner a mascot signifies the values that the company(server) stands for, its business philosophy and helps to communicate the brand properties in a manner that is easily understandable, powerful and memorable.