Virael

Headgear Questions

1. Do Valkyrie Expansion headgears work with the 3-piece Vote armor set? If not, is there a way to 'downgrade' one (through a quest maybe) to make it work with the Vote set? (Only the blue valk helm is available through voting - and that makes getting the Vote armor set boring and not worthwhile IMO)

2. Is there a King set equivalent of the Knight set's Legendary Wolf Pup? (A slotted lower headgear with stats and additional bonus when worn with a Forsaken King - tokenshop and vote - set)

• Like 1

1.- No, if you use Valk Exp headgear with vote set you don't get the bonus [unfreeze + extra stats], you need complete vote set or complete King set.

About downgrading... i dont underestand at all, you mean return a helm to +0 ? u can downgrade a vote valk helm changing it from color (more on this in a second), but i dont know if it also works with normal valkyre headgears.

To change the color of the vote valkyre headgear go to for_elite 67 101

2.- No

Thanks for the answers bro! :D

By 'downgrading', I meant turning it into a 'vote' variant. I guess 'downgrade' wasn't a very good term, but I used it because 'vote' items are generally regarded as 'inferior' to 'tokenshop' items. I thought perhaps there's a way to 'sacrifice' a tokenshop item (expanded valk) so you're not stuck with a blue valk helm if you're using a Vote set.

I guess the only options are (a) forget about voting if you want better personalization or (b) use the vote set but forget about buying expanded valks (and stay generic). Either way, they both impact supporting the server (by votes or purchases) negatively. And considering #2, it looks like you're given even lesser motivation to vote and/or purchase if you're using a Legendary Wolf Pup (which works only with the Knight set).

Why are things set up this way?

:th_e18:

Nope, you cannot exchange your Valk Expansion into a Vote version of it.

Well, you already receive a lot of stuff by voting and if you really want to personalize yourself you either have to buy it ingame and earn it through farming/questing/MvPing or make it easier for yourself and donate. Donating is not bad, because you support the server and make sure it can run for a long time as it already has been, thanks to all the donations and the GM Team. I'm from 2007 and we didn't even have any good Vote Items, sometimes you have to be more thankful especially since I know the beginnings and the progress and development over 7 and a half year already. :)

Virael, I am sure you did not read the site carefully.

1. Blue vote Valk helm can be exchanged to other coloured vote valk helm in @warp for_elite 67 102.

2. Not currently. But king version of wolf pup would be great to have, and you can suggest it in the forum.

However, the best lower headgear items right now are Blessed/cursed rings. Plus, vote cape is one of the best option before you transit to lower headrings. You can also quest for the non-donation ring, but I personally doubt its practicality in game.

I guess the only options are (a) forget about voting if you want better personalization or (b) use the vote set but forget about buying expanded valks (and stay generic). Either way, they both impact supporting the server (by votes or purchases) negatively. And considering #2, it looks like you're given even lesser motivation to vote and/or purchase if you're using a Legendary Wolf Pup (which works only with the Knight set).

You seem to be confused about what the server offers to players. Here are some infos,

1. Raiding and donating gives you all sorts of cool looking kings headgear, Normal king set can be purchase with 100 tok(for each piece) in kings room. Cheaper if purchased from players.

2. Activity, Event, GvG, PvP, BR token let you further gear up accordingly for raiding.

3. Currently, most player know when to swap gears to get the anti-frozen effects in desired situation, and it all comes down to pvp experience. (But king wolf pup can be nice to have in the future, but since it may affects pvp, it could be better to have a post to discuss it properly.)

4. Vote king sets are a perfect alternative gearing option for players who wanted to experience the server before donating. And again vote cape is one of the best option before you have a lower headrings. Plus, it is perfectly possible to get fully geared without any donation, it just you need to put more time and play more server content in a specific way.

Well, if you only play around wolf pup in all of your characters it certainly can be a bit frustrating now. But legend wolf pup is kind of a new item in the server, so I guess you may want to wait for the new content in the future.

Hope this helps.

:)

Thanks a lot for the replies, and sorry I haven't been very clear. I'm aware of the other customization options and I know the benefits of donating. Heck, Genesis can tell you how much I've already plunked down to support the server. The intent of my question was to figure out if there's any way to make the Vote King set more flexible in terms of customization.

There are plenty of cool headgear that work with the King Set but unfortunately, only the Valk Helm (thanks for letting me know they can be colored nate1002! I wasn't aware of that) works with the Vote Set. The problem isn't whether or not it's possible to get Expanded Valk Helms (I can buy plenty of them, I even asked if I can 'downgrade' them), but rather how to make the Vote Set more 'unique' and thus useful.

I was just shocked at the incredulity of the interaction between voting and donating. It seems like if you go for one, the other becomes useless e.g., if you keep voting and get the Vote Set, there's no motivation to buy an Extended Valk (coz it won't work for the Vote Set) and vice-versa.

nate1002's #4 is pretty valid - it's a great way for players to try things out before donating. But once you do start donating, voting (and the items you get with it) becomes useless pretty fast. Like I mentioned, I'm a donator. And to be honest, there's very little motivation for me to vote frequently. I still do it to promote the server though. No amount of dollars can keep the server running if people don't hear about and play it. But that's me. How about the rest?

What I'm trying to say is that the voting and donation systems should synergize instead of cannibalize each other.

Man, that question sure turned into a systems analysis didn't it? Maybe I should flesh out a suggestion. Anyway, thanks for the replies everyone! :D