Reduce Damage taken from Demihumans by 5%
Reduce Vit def by 35%
HP +40%
SP +10%
Matk +30%
Int +20
Vit +20
Hit +100
Increase Damage with Stave Crasher by 20~30%.

Ring:High WizardBlessed

Walking speed +15%
Reduce Vit def by 35%
HP +40%
SP +10%
Matk +30%
Int +35
Increase Cold Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Fire Bolt & Jupitel Thunder damage by 20%

Wizard highness current:

Max hp+ 20%

Max sp+ 10%

int+ 30

Matk+ 35%

Increase stave by 80%

Reduce damage from demi human 10%

5% chance to strip shield

Level 10 enlarge weight limit

enables use of deluge/vulcano level 3.

My Highness suggestion (aside from the rings):

Max hp+ 25%

Max sp+ 10%

int+ 30

Matk+ 35%

Increase stave by 100%

Increase Storm Gust, Meteor storm damage by 35%

Magic eyes/Kafra headband/loli hat

- Grant immunity to freeze.

With these changes I think wizards can be a strong competitor (when played right and used to high potential). What these changes allow wizards to do =

1: Have decent single target damage and also have the option to do decent aoe damage (the possibility of getting stoned if you want to go for aoe/high damage will persist, every class needs weaknesses. However the possiblity of getting frozen when you go for aoe will be removed (similar to the ship captain hat for all physical classes) :))

2: Have a survivability that's on par with other jobs, they'll still have slightly lower hp, but they'll have slightly higher reductions with the weapon.

3: Make stave crasher actually useable without thanatos card if you use both the ring and the weapon.

Combined suggestions via me & shadi.

And of course, the weapon that I seem to be the only one interested in -

Counter Point Dagger[4]

Attack: 140
Weapon Level: 4

Level 10 Enlarge Weight
Reduce damage from demi-human by 10%
Str +30
Int+ 20
Max HP +20%
MATK +20%
Increase Critical Rate ( Like Dagger of Counter )

Edited by Zombee

Love the idea since mostly people avoid playing High Wizard as a main class.

And I already saying about improvement for High Wizard couple times and here we are, someone put all materials into the table good job.

Also I love that card that boost all kind of bolt with lower percentage then Siroma or Imp, since I love switching bolt in the middle of battle.

I even have 2 set of Urds with both Siroma and Imp back then, but now too lazy to switch the accessory.

I support this completely.

So far, almost everything that a wiz can do, the profs can do it better. The only thing wiz have is their aoe, which is still pretty shut down by one prof skill.

Your suggestion about the items is already nice so I won't add to it. But as you also know if you play wizard is that their HP is horribly low due to the low hp modifier of the class. A prof can easily net 200k+ hp and a wiz with similar gears and vit would probably net around 160k+. Damage alternatives would be pointless if the moment you touch a wizard, they drop. The only defensive skill of a wizard atm is its energy coat, compared to profs with their fog. We need to at least give wizards a better HP to compensate that fact.

I thought the highness was buffed with higher stave crasher already(as it was suggested before that wiz should still have the better stave damage)? I am not sure if the highness has +100 hit, if it does not, then maybe we should add it as this translates to better stave damage(no longer needing phreeoni card)

As one of the only pvping high wizards on the server I highly agree that they need some love/attention. However I do not entirely agree with the things suggested here. I'll explain why.

First of all, the major problems wizards have do not lie within the rings, they don't have ideal effects for wizards, no but that's not the problem wizards are dealing with. Wizards have 2 big problems.

1: In order to do any decent damage as a wizard at all you need to sacrifice all current sorts of survivability. You will need hats such as loli hat/ magic eyes/ kafra headband. Which already limits your headgear slots to 3, leaves you vulnerable to stone in all situations and you are vulnerable to freeze. If you do not use any of these headgears your damage will not even be mediocre. Using a marc card leaves you with less than 100k hp or have no ghost. Using a scarf lessens your damage output and makes the rings useless.

2: If you want to do any decent damage with meteor storm you can not wear skolls or raydrics.

3: Not only are you vulnerable to many statuses, on top of that wizards have extremely low HP. My wizard reaches about 150k hp. with the same gear/vit as my prof. However my prof reaches 250k+ hp with that build.

Now that the general things are out of the way I'll comment on your suggested changes:

High Wizard Blessed Ring:

Walking speed +15%
Reduce Vit def by 10%
HP +10%
SP +10%
Matk +20%
Int +35

This would be quite a buff to the ring, yes. But not a buff that we should be aiming for imo. Wizards are not made to be spamming bolts, they're made to deal high burst damage with aoe spells. I'd rather see major buffs to their AoE spells than simply buffing up single target spells. Especially since Highwizards have so little HP that buffing up single target spells is suicide. My suggestion would be something like this I've made the changes made to bold and i'll explain why I've made these changes beneath it:

Walking speed +15%
Reduce Vit def by 35%
HP +40%
SP +10%
Matk +30%
Int +35

The first change is the vit defence. I know this has been the same for every class so far, but I'd like to mention that there isn't a single class that needs a cloak card in order for their main damage ability to do any sort of damage. Sure other classes have cards for manteau that increase their damage but they don't need it as their regular damage is already high enough to kill with. For wizards this is not the case. Meteor storm spam takes long to get going, and even with the manteau cards anyone can outygg the damage unless they're caught off guard by a mind breaker'd wizard.

The second change is the HP, Highwizards obviously lack HP, now you might say 40% (30% increase) is way too large. but you have to keep in mind that wizard's base HP is basically the lowest in the game. This change will basically make their HP go from 140-150k average, to 170-180k. On tao that is.

The Matk buff is there to give wizards an option to not always wear loli hat/etc and be able to deal decent damage without being vulnerable to everything out there.

The last change is instead of boosting the single target bolts (which are basically suicide for wizards atm) I'd rather see buffs to their AOE spells, to keep professors as superior with the single target magic, but actually make the AoE skills from wizards more viable because lets be honest, the aoe skills as they are are pretty much useless, stormgusts don't stack, it takes 30 seconds or so to get meteor storm spam going and the damage from it is mediocre even if you sacrifice all your defensive items etc.

High Wizard Cursed Ring:

Walking speed +15%
Reduce Vit def by 35%
HP +40%
SP +10%
Matk +30%
Int +20
Vit +20
Hit +100

I could agree with these effects, it will however force a wizard to have both rings in order to be effective. Most classes have 2 rings that allow them different fighting styles, but don't necessarily require both rings to be effective. That's why I'm still in doubt about this one.

Increase MC bonus on the Staff to 60% like the Voluspas.

Agreed.

Counter Point Dagger[4]

Attack: 140
Weapon Level: 4

Level 10 Enlarge Weight
Reduce damage from demi-human by 10%
Str +30
Int+ 20
Max HP +20%
MATK +20%
Increase Critical Rate ( Like Dagger of Counter )
10% Chance of Auto-Casting Napalm Beat when attacking

I see absolutely no use for this dagger for the wizard class to be honest.

1: Wizards have crap survivability. you want to avoid going melee attacking as much as possible. The stats of this dagger do not allow you to go physical.

2: Wizards don't have autocast like profs

3: Wizards don't have anything to boost their physical damage, this'll result into low damage output with the crits overall

4: Due to the crit effect they won't be able to use thanatos to boost their damage.

5: Auto casting napalm beat is not going to do anything whatsoever, it's one of the weakest damage skills in the game.

Edited by Shadi

The lack of health and the fact you'll have to resort to different headgear (Loli/Magic Eyes Hat for example) which removes the bonuses from the Forsaken Set, thus less health and stats and no freeze immunity.

Besides those hats having 1 slot less.

A very thorough and good suggestion has been made in the past by Shadi, which you can find here.

There he detailed quite a few things that should be brought to attention when you focus on improving the wizard class.

Edit: Shadi replied before I finished this.

Edited by Sensation

The lack of health and the fact you'll have to resort to different headgear (Loli/Magic Eyes Hat for example) which removes the bonuses from the Forsaken Set, thus less health and stats and no freeze immunity.

Besides those hats having 1 slot less.

A very thorough and good suggestion has been made in the past by Shadi, which you can find here.

There he detailed quite a few things that should be brought to attention when you focus on improving the wizard class.

Edit: Shadi replied before I finished this.

It's still out there ;_; and most of the things I wrote there would still work as a solution imo. I'm glad someone remembers the topic :)!

Edit: I probably would've still been bumping that topic until now but it was moved to reviewed back then. Soo xD!

Edited by Shadi

It's still out there ;_; and most of the things I wrote there would still work as a solution imo. I'm glad someone remembers the topic :)!

Edit: I probably would've still been bumping that topic until now but it was moved to reviewed back then. Soo xD!

That's what the forum search function is for no? I knew you made a topic back in the days, so yea.

Hopefully this will revive the Wizard discussion a little and we'll see some more magic during guild events.

As one of the only pvping high wizards on the server I highly agree that they need some love/attention. However I do not entirely agree with the things suggested here. I'll explain why.

First of all, the major problems wizards have do not lie within the rings, they don't have ideal effects for wizards, no but that's not the problem wizards are dealing with. Wizards have 2 big problems.

1: In order to do any decent damage as a wizard at all you need to sacrifice all current sorts of survivability. You will need hats such as loli hat/ magic eyes/ kafra headband. Which already limits your headgear slots to 3, leaves you vulnerable to stone in all situations and you are vulnerable to freeze. If you do not use any of these headgears your damage will not even be mediocre. Using a marc card leaves you with less than 100k hp or have no ghost. Using a scarf lessens your damage output and makes the rings useless.

2: If you want to do any decent damage with meteor storm you can not wear skolls or raydrics.

3: Not only are you vulnerable to many statuses, on top of that wizards have extremely low HP. My wizard reaches about 150k hp. with the same gear/vit as my prof. However my prof reaches 250k+ hp with that build.

Now that the general things are out of the way I'll comment on your suggested changes:

This would be quite a buff to the ring, yes. But not a buff that we should be aiming for imo. Wizards are not made to be spamming bolts, they're made to deal high burst damage with aoe spells. I'd rather see major buffs to their AoE spells than simply buffing up single target spells. Especially since Highwizards have so little HP that buffing up single target spells is suicide. My suggestion would be something like this I've made the changes made to bold and i'll explain why I've made these changes beneath it:

Walking speed +15%

Reduce Vit def by 35%

HP +40%

SP +10%

Matk +30%

Int +35

The first change is the vit defence. I know this has been the same for every class so far, but I'd like to mention that there isn't a single class that needs a cloak card in order for their main damage ability to do any sort of damage. Sure other classes have cards for manteau that increase their damage but they don't need it as their regular damage is already high enough to kill with. For wizards this is not the case. Meteor storm spam takes long to get going, and even with the manteau cards anyone can outygg the damage unless they're caught off guard by a mind breaker'd wizard.

The second change is the HP, Highwizards obviously lack HP, now you might say 40% (30% increase) is way too large. but you have to keep in mind that wizard's base HP is basically the lowest in the game. This change will basically make their HP go from 140-150k average, to 170-180k. On tao that is.

The Matk buff is there to give wizards an option to not always wear loli hat/etc and be able to deal decent damage without being vulnerable to everything out there.

The last change is instead of boosting the single target bolts (which are basically suicide for wizards atm) I'd rather see buffs to their AOE spells, to keep professors as superior with the single target magic, but actually make the AoE skills from wizards more viable because lets be honest, the aoe skills as they are are pretty much useless, stormgusts don't stack, it takes 30 seconds or so to get meteor storm spam going and the damage from it is mediocre even if you sacrifice all your defensive items etc.

I could agree with these effects, it will however force a wizard to have both rings in order to be effective. Most classes have 2 rings that allow them different fighting styles, but don't necessarily require both rings to be effective. That's why I'm still in doubt about this one.

Agreed.

I see absolutely no use for this dagger for the wizard class to be honest.

1: Wizards have crap survivability. you want to avoid going melee attacking as much as possible. The stats of this dagger do not allow you to go physical.

2: Wizards don't have autocast like profs

3: Wizards don't have anything to boost their physical damage, this'll result into low damage output with the crits overall

4: Due to the crit effect they won't be able to use thanatos to boost their damage.

5: Auto casting napalm beat is not going to do anything whatsoever, it's one of the weakest damage skills in the game.

1. I'm very aware of the Health issue, but it was stated previously somewhere that they didn't want them to have too high of HP for whatever reason.

2. Meteor Storm.. Uh, no.

3. 150k HP with how much Vit? Is that with or without a tao?

-------------------

The HP bonus, sure.

Personally, I find the single target damage to be of more use than AoE damage.

Storm Gust doesn't stack, only displaces you.

Meteor Storm isn't worth shit vs Flameguard & Anodyne, buffed or not.

Opponents using spell reflect are setting themselves up for sure death.

I personally default noxious cards, and cloak cards are personal choice for HW & every other class. Also, you can buy multiple cloaks like everyone else.

If it takes you 30 seconds to get meteor storm spam going, then wouldn't your opinionated buff be entirely useless? Takes less than a second to switch shields, and only a second to switch cloaks. High Wizards should be more than AoE bots dude.

Yes2MATK&HP Bonus, disagree to MS & SG Dmg.

----------------------------------------------

It's pretty much the Wizard equivalent to Champ Blessed vs Champ Cursed, and Champs have no problem using one or the other.

Those with both are most effective, as should be.

--------------------------------------

Can be used versus gtb pneuma sitters. Ganbantein requires gems & they weigh a lot & eventually you'll run out fairly fast if playing aggressively.

1. I've never had problems getting into melee range on a mage.

2. And Profs didn't have Magic Crasher like Wizards.

3. Add str to weapon, plus Str added to carry Yggs. It'll be more than enough to piss someone off heavily. ( They have GTB, btw )

4. The Crit effect would be superior to thana in terms of auto-attacking.

5. NB is like immaterial arrow. I thought it'd be pretty interesting. Could change it out for Magic Crasher & have a non-crit alternative.

Doesn't hurt to add the dagger, I'm sure there's people out there who could make great use of this dagger.

I don't expect everyone to use everything they can within their classes limits in PvP, that's insanely rare around here. But the option should still be there for those who do.

Appreciate the response.

Could also just buff the health bonus for High Wizards specifically on the Tao, instead of the mage class which effects both.

1. I'm very aware of the Health issue, but it was stated previously somewhere that they didn't want them to have too high of HP for whatever reason.

Where was this stated? I haven't seen it anywhere. And if it was stated I'd like to know the reasoning cause it makes no sense.

2. Meteor Storm.. Uh, no.

3. 150k HP with how much Vit? Is that with or without a tao?

The HP bonus, sure.

Meteor storm has always been one of their major damage spells. It's not my choice that wizards were originally made as the AOE magic class and professors as the more defensive/support and single target one.

150k with about a total of 200 vit with tao, 1 skoll, frigs and cape.

We can't simply make wizards copies of professors, if we try that they will always remain the weaker counterpart of professor since professor simply have a lot more options than wizards have.

I personally default noxious cards, and cloak cards are personal choice for HW & every other class. Also, you can buy multiple cloaks like everyone else.

If it takes you 30 seconds to get meteor storm spam going, then wouldn't your opinionated buff be entirely useless? Takes less than a second to switch shields, and only a second to switch cloaks. High Wizards should be more than AoE bots dude.

People right now swap cloaks for survivability. NO class requires to give up their cloak cards to do decent damage with their main damage spell. Only Hwizards do. Also since you claimed I should just swap. This doesn't work with salamander cards. The moment you cast a meteor storm and swap the manteau, the bonus damage of the ongoing MS is gone. Also as my suggestions state, wizards will still need to swap manteaus just like any other class has to, however they simply wont be complete sitting ducks vs any thanatos class just because the wizard wants to do some damage. Right now it's either do no damage and survive vs thana or do decent damage but die in 1-2 thana hits from any class. Pick the preferred option.

No, since the AOE spells are about burst damage, not about sustain, meaning if you hit 2-3 of the meteors you should be dealing heavy enough damage to kill if he/she doesn't ygg. High wizards should be more than AoE bots, but right now (and with the buffs you suggested) they will only be slightly viable as single target magic damage dealers, and their AoE will still be garbage. And if you want to boost it like that then wizards will always be sub par compared to professors since profs got more matk, got double bolt and a lot more defensive options. I personally would just like to see wizards excel in their own way instead of trying to make weaker copies of professors.

It's pretty much the Wizard equivalent to Champ Blessed vs Champ Cursed, and Champs have no problem using one or the other

Champs don't need blessed for asura to be effective, they don't need cursed for fo to be effective. Both skills can be utilized more than fine without those items. Wizards however will need the cursed for stave to be effective unless the general stave bonus on the weapon gets boosted.

Can be used versus gtb pneuma sitters. Ganbantein requires gems & they weigh a lot & eventually you'll run out fairly fast if playing aggressively.

You could just safetywall on their spot so they can't pneuma there. There's more options than ganbantein and melee.

1. I've never had problems getting into melee range on a mage2. And Profs didn't have Magic Crasher like Wizards.

3. Add str to weapon, plus Str added to carry Yggs. It'll be more than enough to piss someone off heavily. ( They have GTB, btw )

4. The Crit effect would be superior to thana in terms of auto-attacking.

5. NB is like immaterial arrow. I thought it'd be pretty interesting. Could change it out for Magic Crasher & have a non-crit alternative.

1:You can tank some damage and get in melee range, but as a wizard this is not a good choice. With a professor your defensive skills and HP will keep you alive when doing this. However any good player will take out a wizard that tries to melee them. with their current HP that is.

2: So you want to suggest for wizards to get the skill autocast? I was stating wizard melee will never be as viable as professor since profs have 1: double bolt and 2: autocast. 2 things wizards don't have and those are the 2 things that make a melee prof viable.

3: Wizards already lack stats the way it is, their matk is rather low so you need a ton of int, their HP modifier is crap so you need a lot of vit. Wizards are forced to use hats outside of the fset to be anywhere near viable, so you need a ton of agi. And now you want them to get str too to be viable vs pneuma and gtb. I just don't see it happening unless a lot of other things change first.

4: One of the things that make melee profs viable is being able to have 1: high sp on fbhs. 2: being able to asura with both autoskill rings while on fbhs and while using thana. force people to skoll with thana, force people to either take high dmg from autocast magic bolts or force them to gtb and die by asura. If you use crit instead of the thana effect you won't be able to force gear changes as much.

5: Napalm beat is like a level 1 bolt. It's not gonna do much unfortunately :(. Stave crasher is an interesting option though.

Doesn't hurt to add the dagger, I'm sure there's people out there who could make great use of this dagger.

I don't expect everyone to use everything they can within their classes limits in PvP, that's insanely rare around here. But the option should still be there for those who do.

The dagger would be pretty fun to use on a professor due to the autocast skill and such but on wizards it won't be as viable. I like the idea though but wizards would need quite some changes to be able to use it.

Edit: I hate how buggy the quote system is here. it literally always fucks up :(

Edited by Shadi

Where was this stated? I haven't seen it anywhere. And if it was stated I'd like to know the reasoning cause it makes no sense.

Meteor storm has always been one of their major damage spells. It's not my choice that wizards were originally made as the AOE magic class and professors as the more defensive/support and single target one.

150k with about a total of 200 vit with tao, 1 skoll, frigs and cape.

We can't simply make wizards copies of professors, if we try that they will always remain the weaker counterpart of professor since professor simply have a lot more options than wizards have.

People right now swap cloaks for survivability. NO class requires to give up their cloak cards to do decent damage with their main damage spell. Only Hwizards do. Also since you claimed I should just swap. This doesn't work with salamander cards. The moment you cast a meteor storm and swap the manteau, the bonus damage of the ongoing MS is gone. Also as my suggestions state, wizards will still need to swap manteaus just like any other class has to, however they simply wont be complete sitting ducks vs any thanatos class just because the wizard wants to do some damage. Right now it's either do no damage and survive vs thana or do decent damage but die in 1-2 thana hits from any class. Pick the preferred option.

No, since the AOE spells are about burst damage, not about sustain, meaning if you hit 2-3 of the meteors you should be dealing heavy enough damage to kill if he/she doesn't ygg. High wizards should be more than AoE bots, but right now (and with the buffs you suggested) they will only be slightly viable as single target magic damage dealers, and their AoE will still be garbage. And if you want to boost it like that then wizards will always be sub par compared to professors since profs got more matk, got double bolt and a lot more defensive options. I personally would just like to see wizards excel in their own way instead of trying to make weaker copies of professors.

Champs don't need blessed for asura to be effective, they don't need cursed for fo to be effective. Both skills can be utilized more than fine without those items. Wizards however will need the cursed for stave to be effective unless the general stave bonus on the weapon gets boosted.

You could just safetywall on their spot so they can't pneuma there. There's more options than ganbantein and melee.

1:You can tank some damage and get in melee range, but as a wizard this is not a good choice. With a professor your defensive skills and HP will keep you alive when doing this. However any good player will take out a wizard that tries to melee them. with their current HP that is.

2: So you want to suggest for wizards to get the skill autocast? I was stating wizard melee will never be as viable as professor since profs have 1: double bolt and 2: autocast. 2 things wizards don't have and those are the 2 things that make a melee prof viable.

3: Wizards already lack stats the way it is, their matk is rather low so you need a ton of int, their HP modifier is crap so you need a lot of vit. Wizards are forced to use hats outside of the fset to be anywhere near viable, so you need a ton of agi. And now you want them to get str too to be viable vs pneuma and gtb. I just don't see it happening unless a lot of other things change first.

4: One of the things that make melee profs viable is being able to have 1: high sp on fbhs. 2: being able to asura with both autoskill rings while on fbhs and while using thana. force people to skoll with thana, force people to either take high dmg from autocast magic bolts or force them to gtb and die by asura. If you use crit instead of the thana effect you won't be able to force gear changes as much.

5: Napalm beat is like a level 1 bolt. It's not gonna do much unfortunately :(. Stave crasher is an interesting option though.

The dagger would be pretty fun to use on a professor due to the autocast skill and such but on wizards it won't be as viable. I like the idea though but wizards would need quite some changes to be able to use it.

Edit: I hate how buggy the quote system is here. it literally always fucks up :(

wow I wrote a fucking essay for it to be destroyed by the M4 button( back button ).

Now that I have zero fucking interest in re-typing this I'm not going to quote anything proper, so you're gonna have to assume what they're in response to.

------------------

Idk where, I cbf finding it. It was something to do with them having a lot of damage reduction as and they didn't want to make them too hard to kill. Idk, it was a long time ago.

---------------------------------------------------------

Maybe here it is, but as far as I recall the real major damage spell has always been Jupitel Thunder, on any highrate server.

You can buff meteor storm all you want, the class will still be dead if single targets are left as is.

Encouraging one to swap maya is always better than forcing them to gtb.

I got 180k with 1 tao, immunes & 2fbhs. No weapon at all, and a rucksack with 180 vit.

It's not about making them a copy, it's about buffing the class as a whole to help put them near par.

-----------------------------------------------------------

You'll be a sitting duck when he can just gtb or use detale card. Meteor Storm isn't the answer, it's an option that there when need be.

Meteor Storm is the only bursty AoE and easily countered. Storm Gust is okay if you have MB, which is nothing you should have to rely on.

We need options dude.

I can't picture anybody dying to 3 MS hits, especially with flame converters being the most common one a lot of people carry flameguards.

Exceling in AoE damage shouldn't be their way, and it wouldn't be copying profs to buff JT & the bolts.

---------------------------------------------------------

It's the exact same thing in this case, you don't need both. You can have one or the other and still be fine.

The option is there, and having both is also an option too.

--------------------------------------------------------

Pre-pneuma, which will end up with you relying on ganbantein to clear it and SW them. At least you'll have more options to pressure said person.

-----------------------------------------------------

1. So bring HWiz HP up to par.

2. No, but adding X skill to cast at Y% doesn't hurt. Soul Link is what makes melee profs viable.

3. Umm, you need str on any class. Their MATK & HP are low, that's why we're here isn't it? I want the option to be versatile, I'm not saying you have to build that way. But there's no reason others shouldn't have the option to if they please. That's the beauty of this game & pservers. Builds are unique.

4. I don't see that ever happening. You'd either have low matk or low str, so either way that wouldn't work.

5. The idea was there, just a little something on top of those annoying crits from the persistent HWiz.

The stave idea I liked, but a level 1 stave wouldn't do the trick. If it's a % auto-cast, it'd have to be level 2 or something to be legit viable. Seeing as how SLers have level 2 stave, that shouldn't be a problem.

-------------------------------------------------

Professors already have a Str weapon, so lets not talk about them. They're good where they're at. :)

No, in terms of the Rings with single target and AoE, we're going to have to meet in the middle somewhere with that.

Because quite frankly, AoE damage is a waste of a stat without single target damage to back it up. You should know that, since you play a mage.

We're here to get them buffs, not debate over whos right or wrong or whos opinion is better.

We should accommodate all playstyles and promote versatility,not just glass cannon play.

First thing we really need to do is the HP. Wizards are shunned to the side due to the HP and the ease of countering his strongest skills(which are the AOE ones). This is not much of a problem in group pvps but really shows in 1v1 situations. As a wizard, I do think we should not focus on 1v1 as it is not their high point. It should be a option, yes, but focusing on just that would get us nowhere.

Buffing JT seems like a good idea but we are missing the reason why JT works on other high rates. We cannot easily freeze people here. If we could, buffing JT would be logical. And as Ice wall is banned in fild(i think) the ice wall + JT is already out of the picture. Unless JT is buffed with an incredible increase in damage, I do not think it will work well in practice.

Removing gemstone requirements would help a lot.

I would also like to have most of the changes added to the weapons, not the rings. This allow wizards to actually swap lower headgears instead of being stuck on one. I for one would like to use Eidelics for wizards even at the cost of losing some MATK.

The loli hats/magic eyes would give the indirect buff on the AOE damage if they allow wizards to have freeze immunity. Just that I believe would be helpful.

The highest single target skill of wizard is of course Water Ball. But the weakness of waterball is that it suffers from needing a setup and it registers damage per hit unlike bolts. ATM i cannot think of anything to help this skill but I like to point out that single target damage of wizard is high, just needs setup.

Stave Crasher has always been a lvl 1 skill. I believe that is a typo on the other weapons. So i really do not get why lvl 1 stave wouldn't work(when it really is just lvl 1)

First thing we really need to do is the HP. Wizards are shunned to the side due to the HP and the ease of countering his strongest skills(which are the AOE ones). This is not much of a problem in group pvps but really shows in 1v1 situations. As a wizard, I do think we should not focus on 1v1 as it is not their high point. It should be a option, yes, but focusing on just that would get us nowhere.

Buffing JT seems like a good idea but we are missing the reason why JT works on other high rates. We cannot easily freeze people here. If we could, buffing JT would be logical. And as Ice wall is banned in fild(i think) the ice wall + JT is already out of the picture. Unless JT is buffed with an incredible increase in damage, I do not think it will work well in practice.

Removing gemstone requirements would help a lot.

I would also like to have most of the changes added to the weapons, not the rings. This allow wizards to actually swap lower headgears instead of being stuck on one. I for one would like to use Eidelics for wizards even at the cost of losing some MATK.

The loli hats/magic eyes would give the indirect buff on the AOE damage if they allow wizards to have freeze immunity. Just that I believe would be helpful.

The highest single target skill of wizard is of course Water Ball. But the weakness of waterball is that it suffers from needing a setup and it registers damage per hit unlike bolts. ATM i cannot think of anything to help this skill but I like to point out that single target damage of wizard is high, just needs setup.

Stave Crasher has always been a lvl 1 skill. I believe that is a typo on the other weapons. So i really do not get why lvl 1 stave wouldn't work(when it really is just lvl 1)

Doesn't even need frozen status, just need ice wall.

Doesn't even need frozen status, just need ice wall.

I do agree, but as GMs banned the use of ice wall on pvp areas like fild, then it gets limited to be used on gvg/br, meaning boosting JT will not get far if the use is limited. Although it would be one heck of a good skill in WOE if it indeed gets boosted, but the single target bolts would still be a better alternative due to siroma/imp cards.

wow I wrote a fucking essay for it to be destroyed by the M4 button( back button ).

Now that I have zero fucking interest in re-typing this I'm not going to quote anything proper, so you're gonna have to assume what they're in response to.

I know the feeling :(

No, in terms of the Rings with single target and AoE, we're going to have to meet in the middle somewhere with that.

Because quite frankly, AoE damage is a waste of a stat without single target damage to back it up. You should know that, since you play a mage.

Not gonna be responding to all that was written because our ideas come down to the same things, we just have different idealism for the class and such we'll find a way in the middle. I personally love the JT skill, easy to spam, high damage but with the icewall removal in most pvp areas it's no longer a core skill (other than on maps without pushback)

Here's my idea:

High Wizard Cursed Ring:

Walking speed +15%

Reduce Vit def by 35%

HP +40%

SP +10%

Matk +30%

Int +20

Vit +20

Hit +100

Walking speed +15%

Reduce Vit def by 35%

HP +40%

SP +10%

Matk +30%

Int +35

Wizard highness current:

Max hp+ 20%

Max sp+ 10%

int+ 30

Matk+ 35%

Increase stave by 80%

My Highness suggestion (aside from the rings):

Max hp+ 25%

Max sp+ 10%

int+ 30

Matk+ 35%

Increase stave by 100%

Magic eyes/Kafra headband/loli hat

- Grant immunity to freeze.

With these changes I think wizards can be a strong competitor (when played right and used to high potential). What these changes allow wizards to do =

1: Have decent single target damage and also have the option to do decent aoe damage (the possibility of getting stoned if you want to go for aoe/high damage will persist, every class needs weaknesses. However the possiblity of getting frozen when you go for aoe will be removed (similar to the ship captain hat for all physical classes) :))

2: Have a survivability that's on par with other jobs, they'll still have slightly lower hp, but they'll have slightly higher reductions with the weapon.

3: Make stave crasher actually useable without thanatos card if you use both the ring and the weapon.

Edited by Shadi

To add to what Shadi said and to convince people regarding wizard HP, Eidelic which gives 30% more hp gives roughly 15k-20k increase in hp for wizard while the same item gives roughly 40k-50k on some classes. People might scream that the stats Shadi put there were too OP when in fact it isn't.

If I would do a rough calculations, with all those gears, wizard would probably hit 200-230k hp which is what most classes have(my biochem has 250k on full int with one tao). I think that is good enough. Those hp increase will also get low the moment the wizard uses a different headgear(loli hat and the likes).

In addition to this suggestion, change the attribute of the L.wiz to what was suggested for the wiz highness only 70% less as to all L.weapons. And why not reduce the HP boost from the ring and add it to TGK or the weapon instead? Just for the folks who cant afford a ring.

Walking speed +15%
Reduce Vit def by 35%
HP +40%
SP +10%
Matk +30%
Int +35

Agree with this 1.

indeed single target damage is important but can't fully agree on it. It already has boost from imp/siroma card without affecting any of the defense that may still be needed. However on the other hand, to fully utilize spell such as MS, switching of cloak is require which causes us to lose the ability to defend against other elemental damage. I will have to go along with the boosting of the AoE damage suggestion instead.

Sorry to say this but, wiz playing style should be mixing of AoE damage together with single target damage. This is just my opinion.

Either way if any of the suggestions get through, it still helps alot though =D

Cheers

Edited by heha

indeed single target damage is important but can't fully agree on it. It already has boost from imp/siroma card without affecting any of the defense that may still be needed. However on the other hand, to fully utilize spell such as MS, switching of cloak is require which causes us to lose the ability to defend against other elemental damage. I will have to go along with the boosting of the AoE damage suggestion instead.

Sorry to say this but, wiz playing style should be mixing of AoE damage together with single target damage. This is just my opinion.

Either way if any of the suggestions get through, it still helps alot though =D

Cheers

Ya there is no need for Hwiz to focus on single target, cause no matter how much you boost when it comes to single target Prof still outclass Hwiz

Read the whole topic?

Mage is useless without both. Siroma & Imp cards are garbage, given they're the two most common elements.

Shadi made a suggestion to buff both the single target and AoE.

Idk, I don't care what happens to the class, as long as it's helps it out.

Edited by Zombee