HyperSagat

Former Nlro Player, What's Up!

Hello all! Decided to play RO again for abit so I could get my mind out of fighting games for awhile and chill in one of my favorite MMOs ever!

So I heard that fRO is kinda like a sequel of nlRO (NamelessRO) sorta and done right. I saw lots of familiar faces and the rates/max levels are more or less the same, so yea I used to play SinX and I guess the old builds and tricks are more or less going to work here (again) haha.

And unlike that former server this one doesnt appear to be donation based and through hard work you can be almost as strong as donators. Right? Or am I overlooking something? lol. And to be honest I dont feel like spending buckets of money anymore just to be on par with the strongest players,

Sooo that's it, I hope to make new friends (and find familiar faces), enjoy the new features and the many quests, this server looks interesting!

Welcome to Forsaken! Our administrator Genesis is from nlRO, and some of our players are as well. :) And you're right, this server isn't donation based - anyone can obtain donation items, and you can get a full King set just from voting. Not to mention all of our knight/legendary quests which are only a few stats less than their donation counterparts. I'd recommend checking out our beginner guide here: https://forsaken-ro.net/getting-started/ It'll help you get used to starting out on Forsaken, along with explaining some important aspects of the server. Happy playing! :)

Hello all! Decided to play RO again for abit so I could get my mind out of fighting games for awhile and chill in one of my favorite MMOs ever!

So I heard that fRO is kinda like a sequel of nlRO (NamelessRO) sorta and done right. I saw lots of familiar faces and the rates/max levels are more or less the same, so yea I used to play SinX and I guess the old builds and tricks are more or less going to work here (again) haha.

And unlike that former server this one doesnt appear to be donation based and through hard work you can be almost as strong as donators. Right? Or am I overlooking something? lol. And to be honest I dont feel like spending buckets of money anymore just to be on par with the strongest players,

Sooo that's it, I hope to make new friends (and find familiar faces), enjoy the new features and the many quests, this server looks interesting!

If you played a dex sinx, you can forget about it.

Also, who were you from nlRO?

Unlike nlRO this isn't a pay2win server, so hope you enjoy.

nlRO wasn't pay2win, but okay.

It offered both donation & non-donation PvP.

The PvP event is non-donation as well.

An actual legitimate response WOULD'VE been "Unlike nlRO, there's class balance & inflated damage issues here, remain aware of that and you shouldn't have any troubles making your way in PvP here."

If you played a dex sinx, you can forget about it.

Also, who were you from nlRO?

nlRO wasn't pay2win, but okay.

It offered both donation & non-donation PvP.

The PvP event is non-donation as well.

An actual legitimate response WOULD'VE been "Unlike nlRO, there's class balance & inflated damage issues here, remain aware of that and you shouldn't have any troubles making your way in PvP here."

I don't know how long you played NLRO, but I played it for years. NLs were twice that they were here, and there were absolutely no non-donation equivalents. NLRO had huge balancing issues. Attempts were never even made to address the issues.

@HyperSagat

Welcome to fRO. :) Alot of the founding members of fRO were from NLRO. Myself included.

I don't know how long you played NLRO, but I played it for years. NLs were twice that they were here, and there were absolutely no non-donation equivalents. NLRO had huge balancing issues. Attempts were never even made to address the issues.

@HyperSagat

Welcome to fRO. :) Alot of the founding members of fRO were from NLRO. Myself included.

I've played nlRO since the near start. I had level 10 edp before it was later fixed.

The fact that the pvp events were non-donation and that there was a non-donation pvp room in general was what divided any kind of inbalance.

Even though things were taken in place to allow people to negate said balance issue, they HAVE attempted to address it. Not exactly in a timely manor, but the fact that they truly did address it still shouldn't be ignored.

17020	Legion's_Belt	Legion's Belt	4		10	1000					4294967295	7	2	136	4	95	0		 if(Class==4008||Class==4014){bonus bStr,10; bonus bVit,10;}  if(Class==4020||Class==4021||Class==4010){bonus bInt,10; bonus bDex,10;}  if(Class==4012||Class==24||Class==4018){bonus bDex,10; bonus bAgi,10;}  if(Class==4013||Class==4011){bonus bStr,10; bonus bAgi,10;}  if(Class==4009){bonus bInt,10; bonus bLuk,10;}  if(Class==4015||Class==4022){bonus bVit,10; bonus bAgi,10;}  if(Class==4017||Class==4019||Class==25||Class==4049){bonus bInt,10; bonus bVit,10;}  if(Class==4016){bonus bStr,10; bonus bInt,10;}  if(Class==4047||Class==4048){bonus bStr,10; bonus bDex,10;}		

17013	fallen_Boots	Fallen Hero's Boots	5	0		500		4		1	4294967294	2	2	64		1	1	0	bonus bAgi,5; bonus bFlee,20; bonus bFlee2,5; bonus bCritical,8; bonus bFleeRate,25;		

17014	fallen_Buckler	Fallen Hero's Buckler	5	30000		500		3		1	4294967294	7	2	32		65	1	3	bonus bNearAtkDef,15; bonus bLongAtkDef,15; bonus bMagicAtkDef,15; bonus bMiscAtkDef,15;		

17010	Valkyrie_Helm	Valkyrie Helm	5	100000		1000		5		1	4294967294	2	2	256		0	1	225	bonus bStr,5; bonus bLuk,5; bonus bAspd,5; bonus2 bResEff,Eff_Freeze,5000; if(isequipped(17013,17012,17011)) bonus bAllStats,5; 		

17011	fallen_Armor	Fallen  Hero's Armor	5	0		2800		6		1	4294967294	2	2	16		0	1	0	bonus bMaxHP,10; bonus bVit,5; bonus bCriticalDef,10; bonus bDef2,25;		

17012	fallen_Manteau	Fallen Hero's Manteau	5	0		500		3		1	4294967294	2	2	4		1	1	0	bonus bMaxSPrate,10; bonus bInt,5; bonus bDex,5; bonus bNoGemStone,1;		

Your issue addressing it was still better, of course.

Then again NLs were pretty common for everyone to have a few sets. I never donated a single dollar but ended up with 10 sets a month after eAthena was launched.

I just think nlRO overall had a better PvP experience. Every class was relevant enough to not be considered OP. Except non-nl champs( sk card ). Making OL card non-donation would've fixed that problem.