plok123

This Is Just A Bold, Vague, Open Suggestion About Woe So Chill :d

Well first of all, I haven't been really active recently as I was before due to one reason, WOE is just so boring now :P

What if we lower the Emperium's HP? not back to when before they made the increase, but lower it to where it can feel competitive again. Well this is just me feeling bored of woe :) Solo breakers don't have that much impact as they did back then. Coz what happens is that, they just break randomly til the 40 minute mark, then castle is just deserted, and then action comes back around the last 7 minutes.

Ok, before you react and whatever, this is just a what if. If you're guild is doing fine at the moment, of course you would bash this post, but reply to this as a player, and not as a member of your guild. Be open minded, not selfish :)

well that's it really :P I leave the rest to you :D

Edited by plok123

NOO I WANT TO BASH YOUR POST!!!

Alright kidding aside, I need some info first. I do not woe as regularly as i was before so I kinda need to ask some questions.

1. How long does the emp stand not breaking if at least 2 guilds were trying to break it(assume that there are around 4-5 breakers per guild)?

2. How long normally does a defending guild can hold its castle?

3. How long does it take for a fully geared sinx to solo break a castle(assuming castle became deserted)?

1. It really depends on how strong the defending guild is, but it usually take around less than one minute, just a rough estimate. Compared to 30 second breaks back then where it really takes a toll on defenders ;)

2. they can hold it as long as they want, unless breakers keep going back and deal damage to the emperium for the whole hour. but no one really does that if they just end up dying always, no one has the patience.

3. Desserted castle? again, rough estimate, a minute or less, or more, everything is just around a minute.. haha

I could be wrong, but hey, i did say 'rough estimate' ;)

Edited by plok123

Alright kidding aside, I need some info first. I do not woe as regularly as i was before so I kinda need to ask some questions.

1. How long does the emp stand not breaking if at least 2 guilds were trying to break it(assume that there are around 4-5 breakers per guild)?

3. How long does it take for a fully geared sinx to solo break a castle(assuming castle became deserted)?

1. If all sinx holdout, I assume at least a minute

2. Depends on what guild is defending. 2-3mins. is my estimate for the biggest def. guild if everyone rushed it.

3. The castle was deserted when I came in. Full break gear, w/o zerk though. I gave like 1min. 30sec.to it. I logged off to screw the defending guild. :P

I don't see a problem with lowering the HP as I see that it would mean more breaks to the emp. and even rush the last min. break even more. Not unless anyone has a diff. opinion on it.

1. It just stands for 1 and a half minute, unless the breakers hold out.

2. It usually depends on the guild and the number of people online. Sample: Premonition during Asian WoE. They REALLY have their defense locked tight when they storm on the entrance.

3. From what I saw with my guild leader, and transgression, it takes 1-1.5 minutes as well.

Anyways, I agree with lowering the HP of the Emperiums so that there'll be more rush and fast-paced action from all participants. +1

3. From what I saw with my guild leader, and transgression, it takes 1-1.5 minutes as well.

if you are referring to that I broke it with the time I gave out, I didn't. I only lessen the HP incase the defending guild was planning to so they would break it earlier than they were expecting. Again, it didn't break in 1.5mins with the effort I gave to it.

Alrighty then.

The reason we wanted the hp to be increase before is because it breaks way too fast. Back then, creating a defense is pointless. In Elith, we do defend but as we are only few, we know it will break sooner or later. That was the problem then, having the emp with low hp that it breaks way too easily makes it so that setting defense became pointless.

The upside to that is that anyone, even solo breakers or guilds with low number of breakers, can get the castle by rushing it during the last 1-2 mins. That also mean the economy of the castle was almost always 0, that is why drops back then was so rare that it took months before a 2nd eidelic wing came out.

Now my question is this, why would you guys want that back? Breaking in under a minute is already fast imo. I thought we wanted to make WoE become more competitive, that is why that hp increase on emp was put there.

Making it break twice or more in a minute will certainly make setting certain defense on the castle seem null. It isn't gonna buy any time at all if the emp cannot withstand damage.

Would need tests if we ever try to decrease the HP of the emp to how much, but definitely not the same as before.

If we do make the emp hp lower, expect higher prices on castle drops as supply will definitely get hit.

I'm not suggesting that we would return it to how it was back then. The thing now is that the change that was made was good like in the early days, because of the number of guilds and players participating in woe, that's why it was suggested that the emp's hp be raised. Now, there is a huge drop IMO of players playing now compared to back then, It's just the guild with most members online take the advantage of the large hp pool of the emp nowadays and not everyone.

We need to at least adapt to the server's population to keep it fun. this way it would help the server attract new players and would encourage them to stay :)

Well there has to be some downside to being a solo guild or everyone would do it right? I personally think WoE is fine right now, ofcourse I miss the old days with defending castles possible the ENTIRE WoE or atleast the last 30mins but as the server changes so does the playstyle. Last WoE was pretty fun and intense for my guild competing with Premonition for prontera and out breaking them, then ecalling to alde for a chance at 2 castles but unfortunately didn't happen. As for the 7~10mins of no action that's just strategy, guilds saw it best to try and set up so that they are more likely to break within the last 5mins and have a good defense to back it up. Solo guilds are almost nonexistant now since guilds like Premonition can just kill off your 1~5 members with pure force/tarot/etc . Now you are more likely to see guilds of 10~ members since you still are able to have a decent line of defense and still possible out break bigger guilds.

As for lowering Emperium HP I don't really see how that solves anything, the bigger guilds don't even let you near their emperium anymore with all their traps and safety walls, all this would do is hinder the solo sinx who did break the emperium at 58:30 and make it so he has no way to defend and his emperium just breaks in 30~45 seconds since he cannot do anything.

TL;DR

Keep WoE the way it is.

I think Emp HP is fine as it is now. We need to spare a thought for classes other than sinx, if emp breaks any faster it becomes pointless for other classes to move in to emp since they will be warped out in seconds. It is true that we are starting to see less of solo breakers and I think that is what it is meant to be. This may be getting old, but WoE is meant for group play and should be structured in a way to encourage that. Solo breakers/small guilds still get castle nowadays, it just doesn't happen as easy or as frequent as it used to be, and it should be kept that way.

• Like 1

sorry plok but i have to disagree... i ounce break the emp and keep the castle for our former guild pacific using your crit breaker guide. there is no need to lessen the emp's hp, even how high the hp of an emp would be, it is still fragile and breakable by the skills and knowledge on emp breaking that you have embedded and shared with us. its only a matter of timing.