gennova

Professor Ring Effect

After I see how unbalance between blesed and cursed ring effect on professor I decide to make this sugestion.

Current effect

Professor Blessed Ring:
Walking speed +15%
Reduce Damage taken from Demihumans by 5%
Reduce Vit def by 10%
HP +10%
SP +10%
Int +35
Matk +15%

Professor Cursed Ring:
Walking speed +15%
Reduce Vit def by 10%
HP +15%
SP +5%
Matk +20%
Int +35
Attack +20%

I suggest to change both of professor ring to become like this

Professor Blessed Ring:
Walking speed +15%
Reduce Vit def by 10%
HP +10%
SP +10%
Int +35
Matk +15%

Attack +20%

Stave Crasher +10%

Professor Cursed Ring:
Walking speed +15%
Reduce Vit def by 10%
HP +15%
SP +5%
Int +35
Matk +15%

Attack +20%
Fire, Cold, Lightning Bolt +10%

This way both ring have some use and I decide to make cursed for bolt because many proff have cursed ring already and mainly use it for bolt skill. With bless able to increase stave damage, many proff will make blessed ring to increase their stave damage.

Feel free to give your opinion as well ^ ^.

Edited by gennova
  • Like 1

Need tests but imo 10% increase in stave crasher is actually a bit low. 15% probably should be the lowest.

Guess you're right. Cause stave crash damage was low from the beginning, different with bolt.

1st of all. i suggest to put both of the rings current effects for comparison purposes.

2nd. i kinda like the bless ring effect having 20% more stave damage. if possible. cause voluspa already got 90% increase in damage in damage. so 10% will make it 100% already. so if 11%+ isnt viable. i suggest to put hit like 40 or so.This will make phreeoni card out of the slots. since stave crasher needs at least 460-500 hit to actually not miss specially on high dex pips. profs will be putting more dex, thus decreasing other stats to achieve required hit.

3rd. i think the cursed ring is good as it is. having 10% more damage on bolt will be a bit OP. cause we already have urds which basically increases bolt damage to 50% though we dont have card for lightning bolt or earth spike. and more bolt damage will result in higher risk against maya users.

No to the stave crasher damage.. That's what volusp is for and quite frankly, 17-20k staves are pretty nice as it is.

I think they're fine as it is, except for the fact that the cursed ring definitely seems too beefy compared to the blessed in their current state.. As with pretty much every class ring. :/

I agree with zombee. Voluspa is already available for helping in the boost of stave damage for prof. There isn't anymore need to increase in the ring. However, I also do agree on the fact that some changes should be made to the ring. Like what innocence said, increase of hit point is what I also feel it is currently lacking.

I agree with zombee. Voluspa is already available for helping in the boost of stave damage for prof. There isn't anymore need to increase in the ring. However, I also do agree on the fact that some changes should be made to the ring. Like what innocence said, increase of hit point is what I also feel it is currently lacking.

They need to lower the cursed stats and buff the blessed one imo.

Profs already have decent HP compared to Wizards, not to mention their damage and utility is unrivaled by any other class right now.

Well i like the cursed ring to stay the way it is. why change 2 rings. if its just the blessed one that needs some boost. it will be easier i think.

if its overloaded in ur opinion. I would like to know what is or are the things u think that makes it overloaded?

Edited by sartorius19

From the stats you've listed, it has more matk & the same int as the blessed counter part. 20% attack bonus, which is huge when it comes to helping stave crasher alone.

Should be 20 int & 10% matk at most.

It's all around 5x better than the blessed ring, at the cost of 5% SP.

It's pretty much hard to balance the prof rings, as people will complain if we nerf the cursed ring hard.

the blessed got the same 20% attack bonus(though not stated on current descript.i deal a bit low while on blessed like 500-1000redux in damage wherein that instance the matk% bonus on the rings comes to play). but it doesnt make big difference in stave damage actually.

They are kinda on same level when it comes to the stats attached to them, thing is the allocation. the 5% sp added in blessed is countered by 5%more matk to cursed. Cursed is more on the offensive side. and the blessed is more on the tank side. since more sp for magic class means more def cause of energy coat.

so this makes the cursed ring more viable for profs cause 5%sp isnt much of help specially when on fbh during staving. u can lower bolts damage 2-3k per bolt even 500-1200 with some tricks.

so yeah my point is cursed ring should stay the way it is. its the blessed that needs some revision.