Igopewpew

Star Gladiator. Removing Hard Delay.

Hello everyone,

After purchasing the star gladiator vote cape and playing around on it for a while I noticed that there's an hard delay after the flying side kick skill. However this hard delay only applies to the running skill. What I mean is you can flying side kick -> then use any other skill. However when you try to flying side kick and then use running again there's a hard delay for about 2 to 3 seconds. This pretty much rends star gladiators useless as their running into flying side kick is their bread and butter.

I unfortunately had to change characters shortly after again because it was simply impossible to win fights this way. Star gladiator is already limited to being able to fight 3 classes but without their flying side kick combo they're not able to take those classes down properly either. Therefor I suggest to remove the delay between running and flying side kick. This'll make star gladiators at least useable against their 3 hatred targets.

The current delay also encourages bug abuse on the star gladiator as the only way to be viable right now is by using a bug, which is something I highly dislike.

Would like to hear opinions :)!

ever since i play ro star glad is strong even with just 1 thana it can kill plyer instant just like chmp vs mob but all of star glad in every ro have delay rates but not 2 sec here at fro this char can be op because of custom set and item. sometimes delay was just in your pc pings and not using kiel

Yes james, Kiels do not reduce it, it's a hard delay of 2 to 3 seconds. Not changed by 3 kiels or 195 aspd.

ever since i play ro star glad is strong even with just 1 thana it can kill plyer instant just like chmp vs mob but all of star glad in every ro have delay rates but not 2 sec here at fro this char can be op because of custom set and item. sometimes delay was just in your pc pings and not using kiel

You're saying "just 1 thana" stacking multiple thana's has no effect. On our server a star glad can not 1 hit anyone that has a usakoring shield on. I have confirmed with Genesis that there's a hard delay on the running skill after the flying side kick. Genesis however does not remember why the hard delay was put in place and suggested me to make a suggestion in order to get it changed and thus I've created this topic :). Also I've played this server for many years so I tend to know what's OP and not OP with the server's custom items and star gladiators are definitely not one of the things considered OP at this time.

That hard delay really is annoying. +1 to this suggestion Airi. I just recently played Star Gladiator again, and I do remember not having this delay way back in 2007-2008. That time, Star Glad is a bit playable but not as much(other characters have better HP, etc)

Any character can become OP with Thana, that is not the point here as thana has a big counter here (Skolls).

Sure, a star glad that has good gears can kill players fast enough with running+fsk IF AND ONLY IF he is one of the targets of the star gladiator. That means he can only kill 3 classes. How is that OP?

That hard delay really is annoying. +1 to this suggestion Airi. I just recently played Star Gladiator again, and I do remember not having this delay way back in 2007-2008. That time, Star Glad is a bit playable but not as much(other characters have better HP, etc)

Any character can become OP with Thana, that is not the point here as thana has a big counter here (Skolls).

Sure, a star glad that has good gears can kill players fast enough with running+fsk IF AND ONLY IF he is one of the targets of the star gladiator. That means he can only kill 3 classes. How is that OP?

SG IS OP.. Can kill only 3 classes? are you sure or you mean can use hatred on 3 classes?

Reducing delay of it can make it like Champ that damge cannot be reducted.. and its better using on woe 1 thana +1 bapho hit on other same damge on the 9 cells = GG >.< then OP!

by the way SG is my main char :)

SG IS OP.. Can kill only 3 classes? are you sure or you mean can use hatred on 3 classes?

Reducing delay of it can make it like Champ that damge cannot be reducted.. and its better using on woe 1 thana +1 bapho hit on other same damge on the 9 cells = GG >.< then OP!

waw.. where are ya basing your facts... sure woe has high damage due to amount of people on party but for pvp it can only take down 3 people which have been assigned to hatred.. if you claim you can kill every class im sure you're bugging :V

It does not have a delay, it has a HARD DELAY on FSK and Sprint. Two different things man.

How the hell is SG OP? let me list its shortcomings

1. Low Hp

2. Relies on buff

3. No valk weapon

4. Can only deal good damage against people that the SG casted hatred on

5. SG lose the moment someone slaps in dispel, which is pretty much 80% of the server

If you main SG, you should feel what we are talking about. You cannot do running + fsk because you cannot cast running after fsk for some reason. This is not the case a few years ago.

I'm sorry but I find it very hard to believe you actually play star gladiator on this server. Let me teach you some things.

1: Star gladiator on here can not deal enough damage to kill anyone other than their hatred targets.

2: Removing the hard delay will never allow star gladiator to spam running + flying side kick as fast as something like finger offensive. Also all damage can be reduced, star gladiator's damage as well as champ's damage.

3: What makes you think that thanatos owns everything? Everyone at emp uses at least 1 skoll so your thanatos damage will be rather low. Also baphomet card only works on autoattacks not on skills so you won't really do much at all at the emp.

4: If you get dispelled your damage drops to basically nothing

5: Your HP is extremely low, if you do not continuously move you'll die in seconds.

I'd very much like to see your star glad if you believe that they are OP at this moment in time. Cause the fact is that they're basically the weakest class out there atm. Specially with the hard delay which renders them useless unless you abuse a bug.

@everyone else: Thanks for the support so far :)

Cause the fact is that they're basically the weakest class out there atm.

So true. I kill more people in my soul linker which uses legendary staff than my star gladiator at the moment.

+1 to this topic, I'm new in this server and decided to be a star gladiator as my main but disappointed because of the hard delay of the sprint skill, also i think the other term for hard delay is skill cool down.

Just to respond to the post above. A hard delay is a set server-side cooldown that prevents a skill from being used too fast. This hard delay can not be reduced by the player in any way. A skill cool down is the regular cooldown a skill has after use. This delay can be reduced through kiel cards.

+1 if the skill is really has a delay w/ 3 kiel cards

Make a new suggstion for donate & none donate gear for this class xD...

As in xD

And also for soul linker job -_- forever soul link buffer?

Zero % chance for pvp and woe appearance???

^_^

Edited by bataclanmarriel

Just wondering why I never see any SG around? If u really main ur SG unless u r inactive.

in that case if a delay is on SG then a nerf on asura should be put on champs. cause they also do mega damage. an with the help of seeds and berries makes them just as bad as a FSK SG

useless maybe in PVP. but i can still see its usefulness during woe. it doesnt mean that no one or few uses it, it is entirely useless. i consider several factors thats why SG is not that popular. and they are as follows ;

1. Most players wants a job than can PvP well.

2. Only Few knows how to build SG properly.

3. And several might know how to build it. But cant efficiently use its skills due to things like this hard delay.

4. Other Classes tends to be better on PvP as well as Woe/GvG/Br.

5. Lastly, due to these factors stated above, SG became fewer and fewer through passage of time till its like 1-3 or no one uses it. Though i am starting to see some but cant actually do very well atm.

Edited by sartorius19

considering most SG users use running and fsk as the main skill combo. That would make it useless in woe like i said before considering i cant use the running skill inside a woe castle with my Taekwon Boy. If they give SG and Taekwon Boy the same legendary weapons that they give the other classes I bet you will see a flip-side to the population of these two classes. An i know some ppl say "well this class does more damage without a weapon". I bet my damage would be equal to other players if i could use 4 Goldenring cards.

Edited by Renton

4 goldenrings wont stack with 2 fbh. and without fbh u'll deal less damage.

And u can cast flying side kick without running if you can chain the skill's target. e.g. (my friend is the SG, Casts run then fsk me then fsk the character next to me then back at me.) and cause the population in woe is massive. SG is actually on an advantage there.

nonetheless going back to the thread's topic, the hard delay will really be of use on pvp and SGs' performance.

well i main Taekwon Boy not SG...sooo goldenrings wouldnt be of use to me unless i have a 4 slot weapon. But i do think instead of putting a delay on SG why not just NERF THE DAMAGE. LIKE YOU DID FOR CHAMP