Forum~

Nerf Parry On Lk

Remove the ability to use Parry on the Lord Knight class. Not lower the percentage. Remove.

In my 6 years of experience here on FRO, LK has never been considered an "underpowered" class. Parry makes the already top-tier Lord Knight class even more overpowered.

As a matter of fact, Parry was designed to be used with 2-handed swords as a manner of defense since they couldn't equip a shield. This risk-cost balance is ruined by allowing LK to wear both a shield and use Parry at the same time.

Their defensive capabilities are already among the best with insane walking speed, high carrying capacity, the highest HP modifier, and a host of their offensive skills which are very defense-oriented (Spiral Pierce, Bowling Bash, and Vital Strike).

Please don't argue that I'm nerfing LK to detriment the LK population on this server. I play LK fully geared and it is one of my main classes. Any respectable LK will admit that Parry triggers way too often to be considered fair.

It makes no sense that Champions have to asura like 3-5 times before one asura goes through while during this time, the LK is busting out 30-35k BBs every 1/4th of a second and pushing the Champion away from them with knockback. This logic is applicable between many classes versus LK.

I will add several videos of how ridiculous Parry's proc is shortly. It definitely seems to trigger way more than the 50% in the skill description.

Edited by Forum~
  • Like 3

Remove the ability to use Parry on the Lord Knight class. Not lower the percentage. Remove.

In my 6 years of experience here on FRO, LK has never been considered an "underpowered" class. Parry makes the already top-tier Lord Knight class even more overpowered.

As a matter of fact, Parry was designed to be used with 2-handed swords as a manner of defense since they couldn't equip a shield. This risk-cost balance is ruined by allowing LK to wear both a shield and use Parry at the same time.

Their defensive capabilities are already among the best with insane walking speed, high carrying capacity, the highest HP modifier, and a host of their offensive skills which are very defense-oriented (Spiral Pierce, Bowling Bash, and Vital Strike).

Please don't argue that I'm nerfing LK to detriment the LK population on this server. I play LK fully geared and it is one of my main classes. Any respectable LK will admit that Parry triggers way too often to be considered fair.

It makes no sense that Champions have to asura like 3-5 times before one asura goes through while during this time, the LK is busting out 30-35k BBs every 1/4th of a second and pushing the Champion away from them with knockback. This logic is applicable between many classes versus LK.

I will add several videos of how ridiculous Parry's proc is shortly. It definitely seems to trigger way more than the 50% in the skill description.

Honestly from my own experience as playing champion against it, parry needs to be removed from glimmer blade. Blocking sometimes anywhere from 3~6 asuras in a row or only hitting 3 of 10 TSS is a bit ridiculous, not to mention their 320~400k hp and being able to carry 600~700 seeds. Definitely feels more than 50%, I'd say about 60%~ is around the correct number, possibly more.

Edited by ThePerfectHit

I expect a lot of rage coming on all of us who will agree to this.

I had already said that it astounded me when I came back a while ago that LK is allowed to parry with a one hand sword. It's not like they have the lack of defense anyway. With parry, they are on par with paladins in terms of tanking while still maintaining top tier damage which I find really odd.

Agree on removing the skill to be used with the valk and legendary weapon for LK.

Now we wait for some people who main LKs and abuse parry to create ridiculous statements on how easily Parry LK is to counter.

• Like 1

I expect a lot of rage coming on all of us who will agree to this.

Now we wait for some people who main LKs and abuse parry to create ridiculous statements on how easily Parry LK is to counter.

Indeed. And it is these type of suggestions that truly show the difference between individuals who act on self-interest and those who wish to benefit the server. I'm ready to shut them down with cold, hard reasoning so bring it :). Edited by Forum~
  • Like 1

They find it hard to believe that LK users will want to nerf LK. Some of them really just protect their own interests.

+1 on this. I am seeing Lk's which default on gtb due to that parry skill and other factors that has been stated already. Things are already explained too so i have no more to say.

Agree...LK mainly use GTB to keep their buff intact that means they have no problem tanking any kind of damage with GTB on.

Good point sart and gennova. GTB on top of Parry is too one-size-fits-all in a gang situation.

Here's the video of speed asuraing by yours truly:

That Parry proc is broken. Notice that I'm just sitting still to demonstrate in this case. If I were to go on the offensive with BBing, that Champion would stand no chance.

• Like 1

Good point sart and gennova. GTB on top of Parry is too one-size-fits-all in a gang situation.

Here's the video of speed asuraing by yours truly:

That Parry proc is broken. Notice that I'm just sitting still to demonstrate in this case. If I were to go on the offensive with BBing, that Champion would stand no chance.

Those first 9 seconds made me cry a little inside, I felt the pain.... 6 parry proc in a row, I'm tearing up right now.

Those first 9 seconds made me cry a little inside, I felt the pain.... 6 parry proc in a row, I'm tearing up right now.

I was like, "Wow, this is so messed up. This recording is the one I'm going to post." LOL.

I play LK and i somehow agree it's too op lol

I main LK and I gotta say it's not *cough* op...okay it is, I don't really count on it and I'm down to nerfing it or something as long as the ridiculous tarot gets a nerf/rework as well.

I main LK and I gotta say it's not *cough* op...okay it is, I don't really count on it and I'm down to nerfing it or something as long as the ridiculous tarot gets a nerf/rework as well.

Tarot is OP but that's a different topic. Feel free to make a separate suggestion to add a hard delay to the skill and what not. The focus here is to remove Parry on LK and whatever happens to tarot should not and does not affect this thread. Edited by Forum~

I disagree, I want to be over powered. I am acting on self interest and I main a Lord Knight. More power to Lord Knight.

-1 On this heh

+1 On this please nerf this Parry its kinda OPed LK already has High HP around 350k-400k and BB can push back yeh its kinda OP

Good point, parry+friggs is OP. I always have to default my droop valk just to factor out that skill

Was gonna play LK also once I buy cheap LK gears :th_ok:

With the introduction of vote capes, gearing an LK with cheap things shouldn't be too hard.

What is a vote cape?

The new update contains vote infernal capes for all jobs via voting center.

*edit* I also agree on an LK nerf, all LK needs is devotion and the swordsman job tree will start looking like a one way road :/ other reasons pre-stated by others.

+1 can't wait to see GM opinions ^-^

Edited by exe_calibur