Hi Guys! :)

I just want to share my thought, how about having the sniper weapons back to a 2-hand weapon? because literally, you can't use a bow with just one hand (unless your f****n gifted) because its a bit imbalance to think that its a 1 hand weapon.

On the other side of the coin, if you don't want to make sniper bow a 2-handed weapon then make the katar type weapons 1-handed weapon too :)

WHAT DO YOU THINK? :th_ok:

Feel free to share your input and stand on this.

Edited by duhrrel

As of right now I think it would be ultimately destructive to the class. Snipers just received a nerf on their bow's that took away the strip capabilities. They are a strong class, however, I don't think they are need of another nerf, especially one so drastic. Not to wander too far off topic but in my opinion there are way more OP classes than Sniper that are in need of a nerf. LK and SN being the primary ones. There are also four classes who can cast pneuma, rendering Snipers useless. Not only that but there is a card that any class can use to have a chance of an auto-cast of pneuma. I could come up with a few more things but I think you get the point.

Edited by adam-

taking off the shield would make them as soft as a cotton ball. won't be able to play as they are supposed to be played in this high rate server, wont be able to fight head on, counter magic, bla bla.. well they could but wont be able to attack at the same time.. if this would happen, playing sniper would be a pain in the ass.. MVPing would also be difficult.. so no, not in a kazillion years..

regarding the katar, they mostly use it for sonic blow right, use backslide, spam it.. High damage output, plus friggs? lol, no..

Well then, if it's for the balancing of the server. i guess it shouldn't be the weapons classification, it should be balanced on the attributes of the weapon then :)

Changing them back to 2 handed weapons would destroy the class. On the other hand, turning kitty claws to 1 handed would break the sinx class completely. Sonic blow damage is way too high to be used with a 1 handed weapon.

• Like 1

Well then, if it's for the balancing of the server. i guess it shouldn't be the weapons classification, it should be balanced on the attributes of the weapon then :)

To balance it you would have to make 3 different bows that include the effect of friggs and the different used shield cards. Oh and not to mention a much higher price than all the other weapons since it will have a friggs effect included. If you left out the friggs effect snipers would be hardly balanced anymore.

Edited by ChainBreak

Sniper would die too fast given the amount of damage we all do... In any team fight, a proff would dispell then bolt for nearly 350k, an asura would likely one shot them and yeah. We kinda need our shields. :c

If we would follow how the official server works then we might as well make our gears 1 slot rather then 2 and let all the classes die easily from high impact moves (i.e. asura, sonic blow) and implement the transition class while were at it. Note sarcasm.

Changing them back to 2 handed weapons would destroy the class. On the other hand, turning kitty claws to 1 handed would break the sinx class completely. Sonic blow damage is way too high to be used with a 1 handed weapon.

I totally agree. So does that mean way back 2008 it wasn't a balanced server? because of 2 handed bows? :th_swt:

Regarding kitty claws, it will be all fine with SB sinx if we remain kitties to be a 2 handed weapon, what I'm trying to say is 2 handed weapons must be 2 handed. If balancing of classes is all that matters then better improve Sniper SB or any other bows effect like add some redux or maybe the reason why you made the sniper bows 1 handed is because it's easier than to put boost on it :th_ic:

Thank you for your input. Just trying to make things clear. :th_swt3:

Edited by duhrrel

Back then, we didn't have these valk weapons. Most of the attributes and stats were much lower as well. that was why the bows were 2 handed. Many of the weapons were 2 handed back then.

--JT Kao

• Like 1

I wouldn't even need to break someone's armor with acid bomb if they cannot wear shield.

We already nerfed their ability to strip with the bow, I see no reason of making the bow 2 handed again.

If you are talking about 2007-2008, it is pretty balanced even if the snipers have 2 handed bows. simply because we do not have this much damage anyway. They were given daggers though, which works for stripping. We do not have slotted accessories(so not everyone is running around with pnuema acc), and there are only a few auras to have that most of us were using dragon aura(+5 stats) and the best lower headgear you can use is the rucksack. What I am saying is that the damage back then was tolerable even without a shield, the sniper can react to cloak or switch to dagger shield fast enough without dying. If we do this now, no sniper will live to even switch. Even a lvl 5 firebolt from a bio using urds and jrage might be enough to kill the sniper. also, making them use 2 handed bows will make them practically useless to magic users.

I just want to share my thought, how about having the sniper weapons back to a 2-hand weapon? because literally, you can't use a bow with just one hand (unless your f****n gifted) because its a bit imbalance to think that its a 1 hand weapon.

Please, not this again. And literally, did you also know that you can't summon 5 meteors from the sky to pelt your enemies?

then make the katar type weapons 1-handed weapon too :)

A thinly-veiled request to make SB Sinx the most OP class on the server. Nice try.

If Sniper were to get nerfed, it should be a nerf to their damage output, not their defensive capabilities.

Edited by Forum~
  • Like 1

A thinly-veiled request to make SB Sinx the most OP class on the server. Nice try.

Lol. Quite frankly, I don't mind that if it gets rid of the breaker class. All the breakers just kill the castle eco. They can't do anything else.

--JT Jiang

Edited by reggae

Most snipers I've seen only use FAS which is pretty easy to counter. I am not sure about lowering their damage as we already removed their strip capability. I thought we removed the strip from bows due to them having decent damage + strip make people think they are OP, now we will go and say we should lower their damage as well? That does not seem right.

The only 2 handed weapon that became one handed that I have an issue with is LK sword. The others are fine.

As of now we are not looking to change the Bows back to 2 Handed Weapons since the reason was to establish them PvP wise. Of course they can be countered as most ranged classes/skills. Furthermore if we would change the Katars to 1 Handed Weapons we would have to reduce their damage and I believe that Assassin's should remain having deadly damage with risks in return.