Just wondering why there isn't a Star Gladiator L.Wep. I think it would be a nice addition, also something a little refreshing. I don't think SG's wear weapons naturally because you actually do more damage w/o them? but maybe GM could add an effect where it makes it actually beneficial :)

*Planned to be Edited to be more specific, currently researching possible effect* ~ APRIL 1 2014 ~
*Add some missing information and revise weapon* ~ APRIL 16 2014 ~

Legendary Star Gladiators' Fists [4]

Atk: 200

Weight: 100

STR + 20 [between LK's + 15 and WS +25] At least a benchmark stat buff so we have
a. balance with the other str dmg based characters
b. SGs' could definetly use some more STR. I'm thinking of maybe raising a little bit so...[insert damages]

DEX + 10 [helps with reaching insta-cast]

ASPD + 5% - 10% [letting us not be as squishy so we can put more focus on possible + VIT]

Hit + 100 [inspired from mutilixus' post: same thing with ASPD so we can focus less points on DEX to have a little bit more VIT]

Max HP% + 25% [increases to + 35% when Union is active] With the +VIT available I think this could keep SG from having too much HP compared to other Jobs.

+10% dmg to Demi-Humans when Feelings are NOT active. Possible reduce to 5% when active. [so there can be a direct race dmg buff but no over stacking problems ^^]

-4% vit def when Union is active.

Increase damage with Tornado Kick, Knee Drop, Roundhouse, Counter Kick by 5%.

Enables Auto-cast Lvl. 1 Pneuma when receiving physical attacks. [inspired from mutilixus' post]

When hitting something after Running [skill] such as another character, the stumbling animation doesn't play, instead just stop like a normal walking animation.
Just a thought, helps with buying SG a little more time during PvP to cast Flying Kick or get away when needed. Buffs the Competition against Champ Snap and SinX Back Slide.

Because there have been weird occurrences with Feeling in the past. A possible, enables use of WS skill Weapon Perfection when feelings are not Active, could give a similar damage to monster size buff.

Edited by exe_calibur

Just wanted to mention a few things on this suggestion:

Atk: 200

Weight: 100

STR + 20 [between LK's + 15 and WS +25] At least a benchmark stat buff so we have
a. balance with the other str dmg based characters
b. SGs' could definetly use some more STR. I'm thinking of maybe raising a little bit so...[insert damages]

- Adding stats and bonusses to a Star glad weapon is very dangerous as they are designed to have no weapon. Their skills have a way higher damage amplification compared to skills on other classes because the other classes are expected to use weapon cards.

- With the current damage output that star glads have (when played right) they can 2-3 hit everything except for Lord knights, paladins and profs in hidden mist/ people in pneuma. Damage isn't really what they need.

DEX + 10 [helps with reaching insta-cast]

With high jump disabled in for fild and woe I don't really see a reason for star glads to need instant cast.

ASPD + 5% - 10% [letting us not be as squishy so we can put more focus on possible + VIT]
Good suggestion. Keep in mind your attack speed will drop significantly when equipping an weapon.
Hit + 100 [inspired from mutilixus' post: same thing with ASPD so we can focus less points on DEX to have a little bit more VIT

I'm just going to put it out here. Star gladiators don't need hit. They can not miss due to flee when on union.

Max HP% + 25% [increases to + 35% when Union is active] With the +VIT available I think this could keep SG from having too much HP compared to other Jobs.
I agree on an HP increase but this would bring them up to 300k hp or so which is a little much in my opinion. a 15% increase would be more suitable and 20% increase for the valk weapon or so.
+10% dmg to Demi-Humans when Feelings are NOT active. Possible reduce to 5% when active. [so there can be a direct race dmg buff but no over stacking problems ^^]
This wont do anything. FBH's work for star glad's skills so you'll already be capped at 100% demi human increase buff.

Increase damage with Tornado Kick, Knee Drop, Roundhouse, Counter Kick by 5%.

Enables Auto-cast Lvl. 1 Pneuma when receiving physical attacks.

A star glad doesn't really use the kick skills on a server like this one. Specially not while under Union so it's a not very needed buff. Autocasting pneuma would be fine as long as pneuma doesn't stop tumbling from occuring (havent tested in a while). This because tumbling is one of your core skills to increase flying sidekick damage, together with the running skill.
When hitting something after Running [skill] such as another character, the stumbling animation doesn't play, instead just stop like a normal walking animation.
No stumbling animation plays after hitting someone. There's a different animation yes, but not the stumbling one. Either way this would require a source edit and I doubt that'll be viable.

Bottom line (imo) is still that star gladiators are fine as they are (Might need a little HP boost) But the only thing they truly need is for the npc to reset their hatred targets (or be able to recast their hatred skill to overwrite the previous target. Star glads can do insane damage when you know what you're doing and being able to do this on all classes is all they need.

For taekwondo's (rankers) however I can definitely see a use for a weapon with major boosts to damage and hit. Simply not for star gladiators.

Thanks Bishop for the fixes ^^ Never suggested like this before so I expected fixes :)

To be honest, I'm not very experienced with the expanded jobs and could use input on SG play types.
I agree with the fixes and HP + Feeling Reset seems to be the most needed so I'd be content with a fix involving those.

Well if they refuse to make the weapon for star gladiator then they should at least make it for taekwon boy. Even though taekwon damage is supposed to be higher without a weapon. I guarantee with a 4 slotted weapon though that taekwon damage would be almost equal to other classes. Not many people play taekwon obviously but that's no reason to punish the players that do play the class. So uphold your standard as the most balanced high rate server. An make a simple weapon for taekwon. Hell it doesn't even have to have stats on it. Just needs 4 card slots.

waw. rly nice seeing TK/SG suggestions being raised every once in a while, I rly hope this will be implemented this time around. Because when I did my suggestion about TK/SG L.Weaps, the nearest thing I came close to Implementation is GM Vera's "Sounds Good :)" comment and then yeah...nvr got implemented...

anyway, let's push this through... who knows, we might be seeing L.TK/SG Weaps in the BC section sooner or later...

I'm just going to put it out here. Star gladiators don't need hit. They can not miss due to flee when on union.

I think they still need hit, because they're not always on Union because Profs hate SG on Union...oh, and most ppl wear VR card now so most of the times when fighting against DPS players more often the not, they will be dispelled unless they have GTB on but that would be very disadvantageous in terms of damage redux :) just sayin'

Edited by mutilixus
  • Like 1