darksoul41

Why Can't We Have Bot/auto?

I just recently joined Forsaken Ro but I had played some other severs and always ask myself:" Why is bot illegal in this game?"

Ragnarok is basically a farming game:

1) If you want higher level => farm

2) If you want money => farm

3) Want better equip => farm

So I don't understand why can't we have an auto in this game

Some people say that bot's only gonna ruin the game because you will see bots running everywhere in the map and there's no real people in this game anymore. But when you are in the game and there is no bot, people still farm like they are bots, no talking, no nothing ( or at least some killing but bots can be set to kill too )

I admit that there are bad things about bot especially when it is overused. But it also brings good things like people can focus on chatting, pvp, mvp or stuffs like that because they don't need to farm 90% of the time.

Everything has good uses and bad uses, it's just how we choose to use it for, so that's why I think we should include bot in this game, not like a cheating program but a helping tool for people who are just too busy with their lives ( not including me because I'm just a student )

This is just my opinion and I'm glad to see what others think about this

P/s: I have never been banned in any ragnarok sever for botting

• Like 1

A bot removes the entire purpose of the game. You're supposed to work your way up. Not start a program and let the program do it for you. This already is a highrate server. Things already are easy to do/get. We certainly do not need to allow bots as that ruins economy even more and will devaluate every single item people make money with by farming. This will increase the gaps between donation item prices and regular item prices which is a big no-no.

I thought donate items already have some sort of the same stats as in game items

And I understand that in game items will have very low prices but when everyone can bot then they will be easy to find already so there are a lot of them to sell. Ex: 1000 zeny for a feather now, and 200 zeny after we get bot, but it's easier like 5 times to find a feather so it balanced out

One more thing that not everyone has time to bot anyway

The thing that I agree that this is already a high rate sever but really there are thousands of item that you have to find so maybe a delay bot ( kill one monster and bot stops for 1 sec ) so people that really farm by their own will have an advantage

I really need more opinions plz just so we have something to discuss

Edited by darksoul41

No. I dont see the poiny tbh.

If you're too lazy to farm then please dont play. Most quests here are very easy to do and only require a bit of dedication. Bots devalue everything in the server. Zenny, items and eventually also etoks because people will be botting for_fild.

Getting the main currency will only get harder for new players since bulks of items are basically worthless and noone will pay for anything since they can just bot.

Just the point of having a program do the things you should be doing is already enough reason why it is illegal. Completely unfair for players who do not use bots.

Just the point of having a program do the things you should be doing is already enough reason why it is illegal. Completely unfair for players who do not use bots.

My idea is let bot a usual thing so everyone can use it not some kind of hacks to give you the advantage over others

Maybe I'm just lazy because every game has an some kind of an auto ( except MOBA game because no auto can do what we can ) so I'm too comfort with an auto. But really an auto will make me play this game more

No. I dont see the poiny tbh.

If you're too lazy to farm then please dont play. Most quests here are very easy to do and only require a bit of dedication. Bots devalue everything in the server. Zenny, items and eventually also etoks because people will be botting for_fild.

Getting the main currency will only get harder for new players since bulks of items are basically worthless and noone will pay for anything since they can just bot.

I don't think getting bot will give new players harder time because they can farm zeny through bot. The bad thing here is that people with donate items will have a bigger advantage than people who don't want to put real money in game but you get what you pay for

Uhmm hi hello im just new here and im downloading it .. i dont also agree with the bot thingyyy. thats right its for lazy people . i think you can get the donate items even you dont have bot . we play online games for fun not to use bots. do i got point ? Hahah. i got 8 hours left to finish downloading xD . i hate bots there's no thrill if people use bots imma right :D

I think I give up on this because people just use the high rate sever as a reason to put away this so nah I won't even try to convince anyone uses that reason

( This is just normal talking from now on I guess )

But does everything in this world started with lazy people

1) Cars are made so we don't need to walk everywhere ( also faster and less time consuming )

2) Calculators are made so we don't need to calculate by our own

Tons and tons of things we made just for our sake of being lazy

it takes the excitement out of farming for a quest, or farming to make zeny/tokens. botting just makes it less informal. plus it will take up more bandwith with bots on, causing server lag. questing takes time.. yes its a pain occasionally, but a quest is called a quest for a reason. botting just ruins the formality of the game, and the I guess you can say sportsmanship. I get your point about being lazy, and yes most people are slightly lazy, but as you stated this is a highrate server, and getting to the max level can take only a few minutes.. to get rich/afford the awesome equips it takes time to farm for said zeny/tokens/items. botting takes that out of the equation. which would ruin our economy so normal items would be astronomically priced. >.<

This is just my opinion and I'm glad to see what others think about this

P/s: I have never been banned in any ragnarok sever for botting

What a botter would say. The people of FRO had spoken NO and It's never gonna happen. If you want a botting game go play a Point and Click Browser Game there's a lot that I could recommend you.

And just FYI I bot in real life, Im lazy at work that I made an automation program to make my work easier for me. It got people fired and raised the bar of standards

And just FYI I bot in real life, Im lazy at work that I made an automation program to make my work easier for me. It got people fired and raised the bar of standards

The conveniences of technology.

If we talk about "automation" in programming, it is indeed used. I myself automates tests(instead of me testing a web application one by one) as it saves me a lot of debugging time, but it takes me longer to develop the application(since I follow TDD(Test Driven Development or Test first, code later). However, you cannot catch everything in it, since computers are stupid compared to people.

You cannot compare botting to what you do in life. You compare botting to cars? It takes hard work to make a car, takes hard work to buy a car, takes work to actually learn to drive a car. That is way different, you get the comfort of having the car and use it but you WORKED for it. You do NO hard work when botting and still reaps the rewards that some people got by not botting, that is different.

There are MACRO farmers though. They run their macro after clearing bot checker <it casts SG then teleport rinse and repeat>... There is one now at gl_knt02 as of this writing.

The botcheck usually catches 95-99% of the bots. Shouldn't need to worry about that, the few that get through can be reported in our ticket system and we'll take care of them that way.

Automation and botting are two entirely different things. The work smart, not hard thing won't work here either. The rules state that no form of automation is to be used, neither macro-keyboards. However the latter is harder to control than the first.

Reasons why things could be easier/nicer et cetera do not apply here, we don't allow it to maintain a more realistic economical system, one that matches in real life where people work for their stuff. Bots would indeed devalue EVERYTHING besides the few MvP drops perhaps, which will cause more inflation.

Your suggestion that it would be easier for new players is completely false, older players who would've botted for months have hoards of items stacked up in their storages/carts and thus will undercut everything that new players attempt to sell. They'll still not make any money and will lose motivation to play this server. For those reasons bots aren't allowed either.

A more veterinary player will almost always have an advantage to new players, that's just the way it is supposed to be. You can take a shortcut by donating OR you can farm/quest and earn your items that way. There is no unbalanced system present here, as all items are available to anyone, rich and poor in real life. All that is required is dedication and motivation, perhaps some buddies to help you out.

So no, bots don't fit in this picture, not in Forsaken RO.

- Closed.