Lenneth

Donation System/ Inflation Control

Suggesting to reform donation system to pure tokens, and put all donation items on donation npc. This will act as a price control to stabilize market. Server revenue will be hurt for a short period of time as market rebalances when new donation items are added, but I believe this will serve greater good in the long run.

Suggested Rates:

Cards at 3x of current donation price (ie: 75 tokens)

Gears at 3.5x – 4x

Token Donation Rates:

1USD = 30 tokens

Donation bundles on promotion periods

Just an idea, specifics are open for discussion.

this isn't the way to do it, only reason being, people who cant donate are gonna have to work up enough to purchase tokens from other characters, then when they finally do buy there said item, when they decide to sell it..rates will increase dramatically for said item if they want to make a profit, thus driving the prices up majorly. now I'm not saying the economy here is perfect, but of all the servers i've played on this one by far has the most stabilizing. things go hot for a while, then drop out of favor.

most donation items stay roughly the same price, yes if more people are drawn to it then the price will be up, but that's the basic's of supply and demand. I do like the idea of a donation npc, but honestly im sure genesis and the other GM's have thought about the donation system plenty and after running it for 7 years now this is the best way.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if the server should to set a price standard; this will pretty much fix the prices of every item in the game. I think the community ought to determine the value/worth of items.

I mean, there is an instance where it is sort of working out: the Fset. Because one can purchase them for 100 tokens in the Fking room, it's pretty much kept the price the same for all these years. Not sure if it would work out as well for other items as it has for the Fset.

Edited by Forum~

the community still gets to decide the worth of an item, we just put a ceiling to it. The ultimate end game gears (friggs and rings) will still be subjected to market mechanism.

@sean

Don't ppl purchase tokens from other players through trading now as well? I don't get your logic here.

I think the parties at a disadvantage here are Genesis (for now as there is an oversupply of tokens ingame), and the donators. When new donation items are released, the rich will have to get it from the npc, and only be able to sell it at a lower price instead of profiting from newly released items by purchasing from Genesis and selling them ingame at an inflated price.

Whenever there is a new release, it will be a time the server removes a good bulk of tokens through the donation npc. So it sort of contributes to the idea of a token sink as well.

I like the idea of having a semi-free market, allowing the price to be determined by the community. If no one is willing to buy it at that price, you can get no one would sell it.