Kayla Minerre

So, When Is Something Gonna Be Done About Warp?

I know that this has been suggested before, several times I might add, but nothing has been done about it yet despite two or three of the past suggestions having been accepted.

So, here we are again. As many of you are aware, there is a huge issue of people abusing the warp feature, whether that be continuously warping to avoid being killed; warping, using a skill, and warping again; or getting 2x pally buffs and doing the previous. It's especially bad amongst the Sniper/Wizard/Champion userbase (usually the ones that couldn't fight even if you just stood there for them).

Now, I propose, as many others have done so before me, that some kind of delay be placed upon @warp and kind of on @go. I'm suggesting something along the lines of: 3-5 second delay on @warp after dealing/taking damage. This prevents users from attacking you, then warping away, and also ensures that somebody you're fighting can't just spam warp to avoid damage. For @go, I suggest something similar, but only if they deal damage. That would keep people from @warping to a pvp field, using an attack, and @going to a town to avoid being killed. If the second option isn't possible, then I suggest doing the same for @go as I suggested for @warp, since @go, while less of a problem with wizards, can still be overly abused by every other class.

Now, I know some people are going to whine about the idea, and most of those people will be those that abuse the feature themselves, but think about it. This is a pvp server. Abusing the system to gain an advantage is technically punishable (i.e. sprite-stopping with songs), and it's just outright discourteous to others. If you're worried about missing an event, you usually have 5-10 minutes to get to that event, so all you'd have to do is stop attacking for 5 seconds and @go (if my original suggestion is doable), die, or just walk up into the glowing portal to fcity.

Remember, this is a pvp server, and most maps where it's abused are pvp maps, so before you tell me to just stay out of pvp maps I want to remind you that I go there to pvp. Warp abuse isn't pvp.

• Like 2

Seeing as the majority of unofficial PvP is in for_fild01, we could just disabling warping from that map. This would restrict warping when you are ON the map, but you can warp TO the map fine.

Any delay you put on @warp will cause people to complain (they use it for hunting). Seeing as it is global, it would become quite annoying for those not in PvP. By restricting warping from for_fild01, it resolves the issue, and leaves other non-pvp maps untouched.

• Like 2

Seeing as the majority of unofficial PvP is in for_fild01, we could just disabling warping from that map. This would restrict warping when you are ON the map, but you can warp TO the map fine.

Any delay you put on @warp will cause people to complain (they use it for hunting). Seeing as it is global, it would become quite annoying for those not in PvP. By restricting warping from for_fild01, it resolves the issue, and leaves other non-pvp maps untouched.

I was actually gonna say that. :D

+1 best solution

This could work, too. It'd be weird as hell having to walk up to the portal, but it'll definitely work. I do suggest disabling @go, though, too.

this is a tough choice by disabling warping in for fild. I mean it's a good suggestion but what if players want to warp to other coordinate like 50 50 or some hide out, does that mean we got to use @go to some city first and then @warp to the location? If disable @go that will even be a hassle. I'll go with the delay however make it in a way ONLY players damage will cause the delay so farmers will still be able to hunt as per normal. Any opinion on this?

+1 best solution

:) nice nice

Go pvp room there is no warp

:) nice nice

Go pvp room there is no warp

Nobody goes to the pvp room. People like you are why I said this:

Remember, this is a pvp server, and most maps where it's abused are pvp maps, so before you tell me to just stay out of pvp maps I want to remind you that I go there to pvp. Warp abuse isn't pvp.

Not everybody wants to go to pvp and further the stats of other people. Not everybody wants to pvp for a reward. Hell, most people just hang out at forfild, but even those that do pvp can't, because people abuse the warp feature.

this is a tough choice by disabling warping in for fild. I mean it's a good suggestion but what if players want to warp to other coordinate like 50 50 or some hide out, does that mean we got to use @go to some city first and then @warp to the location? If disable @go that will even be a hassle. I'll go with the delay however make it in a way ONLY players damage will cause the delay so farmers will still be able to hunt as per normal. Any opinion on this?

It's why I suggested the delay to begin with. I do understand the hassle that could come from farming, but's gotta be a sacrifice somewhere. A lot of people that farm don't generally pvp and the same goes vice-versa.

I'm not sure how plausible a delay on damage to/from players vs. damage to/from monsters is, but if it is possible, then it'd be the best solution. If not, then I'd still go with Jorge's suggestion.

Edited by Kayla Minerre

The issue with having a delay on @warp, is that some people will like it, some people will hate it. People spam @warp to look for specific mobs. Also, the if you are hit thing, can prove to be annoying as well. If I get hit by a AoE or a mob, then I need to wait 10 seconds before I can warp again. The reason I suggested disabling warping (this includes @go as well) in for_fild01 is because it specifically resolves the issue of people warping to avoid PvP. Walking to for_fild 50 50, and walking to the warp portal could be a hassle. But you have to ask yourself, which annoys you more, walking for a few seconds or having people @warp to run away.

• Like 1

If your going to restrict warping from For_fild01 then we simply can only have the option of dying or walking to city or reloging(which sets our timer again to zero no act tokens) can't there be any delay only on warps exclusive to for fild? I am a business man and i tend to warp to town and back to fild seldom times to sell and BC

i'd say focus more within for_fild01, not everyone is as strong as you guys, no need to sacrifice everyone/all the maps for the sake of just you enjoyin' it, not everyone is complainin' about it anyway, you think warping out is annoying 'cause you're a PRO here already, but most of us just use it to farm or find MVPs. I'm almost 1 month here but still i spam warps. so please dont put delays with warping on all maps. thanks.

The issue with having a delay on @warp, is that some people will like it, some people will hate it. People spam @warp to look for specific mobs. Also, the if you are hit thing, can prove to be annoying as well. If I get hit by a AoE or a mob, then I need to wait 10 seconds before I can warp again. The reason I suggested disabling warping (this includes @go as well) in for_fild01 is because it specifically resolves the issue of people warping to avoid PvP. Walking to for_fild 50 50, and walking to the warp portal could be a hassle. But you have to ask yourself, which annoys you more, walking for a few seconds or having people @warp to run away.

I definitely agree, and it's why I said if it was possible. I honestly prefer the damage delay, because I've played a ton of different servers and have dealt with it myself many times from both aspects, but I do see where it would become a massive hassle for farmers if a delay was added upon dealing/taking damage. I'd be quite happy with the restriction of @go/warp from for fild, because this would prevent people from abusing it.

If your going to restrict warping from For_fild01 then we simply can only have the option of dying or walking to city or reloging(which sets our timer again to zero no act tokens) can't there be any delay only on warps exclusive to for fild? I am a business man and i tend to warp to town and back to fild seldom times to sell and BC

Relogging wouldn't do anything, so you'd just be screwing yourself there, but it's not that difficult to walk up to fcity or let the person killing you kill you. Plus, if you went with number two, you'd save seeds instead of wasting them as many people are wont to do.

i'd say focus more within for_fild01, not everyone is as strong as you guys, no need to sacrifice everyone/all the maps for the sake of just you enjoyin' it, not everyone is complainin' about it anyway, you think warping out is annoying 'cause you're a PRO here already, but most of us just use it to farm or find MVPs. I'm almost 1 month here but still i spam warps. so please dont put delays with warping on all maps. thanks.

It's not the warping out that's annoying, because some people don't want to pvp and so they warp out to avoid fighting. It's not a matter of how pro a person is, but the abuse of a feature that's meant to make travel easier. It's not being used for it's purpose, but for a way to gain an advantage over others instead. You're obviously using it for its intended purpose, and I applaud you for it, but so many other people are just using it to take advantage of the movement abilities it provides or abuse the invincibility right after a warp so they can use a skill and then be invincible right afterwards.

I agree with this post and Genesis' proposed solution. Warp abusers detract from the overall pvp experience and honestly, it gives a bad impression to new players about what pvp on this server is all about.

Warping to for_fild01 should be fine. Warping out of for_fild01 via @go or @warp should be disabled. I think this would be the best solution for the greatest amount of people.

Those who disagree with this suggestion are probably part of the problem with warp abusing.

Edited by Forum~

Since alot are complaining about farming on the map, why not create a new for_fild like say for_fild00 where in no mobs, purely random pvp goodness or theres also an option to move the mobs. I think D.wiz is the only mob worthy to kill in that fild and we can move it to for_fild03 and if necessary the other mobs as well, AFAIK for_fild03 doesnt have an mvp unlike the rest

+1 for the earlier suggestion though with the delay when hit, since I came from a server that had this feature and would be benficial for people targetting kills. Can be useful for a class like mine(sinx) that dont rely on a 1 hit move or attacks that deal 1/4 to 2/3 of full HP

just make the ppl whoever hit another ppl got delay in warping and those who are nt hitting bt being hit by ppl stil cn warp able without delay. this cn fix to whose that always warp in then spamming then warping again :)

those ppl whose always farming at for_fild01 cn warping without problem with this for those newbie or farmer :)

just make the ppl whoever hit another ppl got delay in warping and those who are nt hitting bt being hit by ppl stil cn warp able without delay. this cn fix to whose that always warp in then spamming then warping again :)

those ppl whose always farming at for_fild01 cn warping without problem with this for those newbie or farmer :)

Not gonna work. If I would want to warp then I would just stop hitting and spam warp until it works.