qperteplex

Noobie Days

Sup!! Just remembered that I'm about to be 1 year old in this server and the longest I have ever stayed in a private one. Ill take this opportunity to start a thread that will show my experiences in the server so far. But lets not limit this with just my experiences, I also wanna know what others have went through to get to their current standing. This thread will also serve to show the new guys that WE also went through what they are currently experiencing(unless you are a donator xD). Kinda like a Throwback thursday thing w/o the necessity of it being a thursday.

LET GET THIS THING GOING..ILL START

hsuusl.jpg

*started off by doing legendary quest. why dragon killer?? lost dragon hunter xD

• Like 1

Alrighty then :)

Been here since '07. Seen every type of player come and go, been part of guilds that I called family in this server. Everyone knows that I never donated to the server, because back then I was still a kid and has no way of donating . Now that I can, at the moment I do not need anything else.

28ui4aq.jpg

This is one of the many screenshots I had as part of the guild Influence led by Epic(Ken). Back then, I was a newbie wizard in their ranks as they adopted me when my guild PsychoSamuraiz broke up due to the fact that the leaders Date, Inamoto and Supre Onvi kinda quit. I still remember asking Gurkak for help on wizard. Although this screenshot in particular is a really recent one already, this is the time that my own guild Tears of Blood still helps Influence during WoE.

axogl.jpg

Influence was my WoE guild then in around 2008 I think, but I still have the guild PsychoSamuraiz on my SinX, since that time I was still helping the new guys on that guild. Those new guys then became the first members of my own guild Tears Of Blood. When TOB became big enough and I have a set of good people in it(Hansen, Lena, and Shreya), I WoE with TOB but not as the guild leader, I left that to Hansen(I don't like E-calling on wizard). We normally WoE for Euro on ourselves, but ally with Influence and send people over there during American WoE(mostly Hansen and me).

During those times, when I was in Influence, I was using Valkyrie set(we didn't have knight set then) and lich bone wand(no legendary weapons yet) and get a salary of 5 berry tickets. I farmed berries(no seed room yet), MVP cards and speed potions(in turbo room, mind you) to gain enough tokens(called donation coupons back then). By the time I led TOB, I have ONE Fset only and is using main gauche as weapons on sinx.

So if you newbies say you find it hard in this server now, I will never believe you.

Edited by Rayray
  • Like 2

I know its been a year since I played this addicting FRO game :)

I will just share one of my throw backs to my current character :)

my 1st guild from OSFA:

Yeah I started like from MVP farming, seeds, berries, and legendary items which are the fun to farm :)

screenForbidden053_zpse6c163d1.jpg

Now from my current year 2013 :) :

My products of farming and also a help from my friends here in FRO :)

Yeah I am now from the most hated guild here: Dreadnaught, yeah I enjoy tough killings on for_fild01, and most of all, I really love pvp :)

screenForbidden410_zpsd3355d78.jpg

I also wanna see your throwbacks here so don't hesitate to share it! :)

Edited by gagosila123

Alrighty then :)

Been here since '07. Seen every type of player come and go, been part of guilds that I called family in this server. Everyone knows that I never donated to the server, because back then I was still a kid and has no way of donating . Now that I can, at the moment I do not need anything else.

28ui4aq.jpg

This is one of the many screenshots I had as part of the guild Influence led by Epic(Ken). Back then, I was a newbie wizard in their ranks as they adopted me when my guild PsychoSamuraiz broke up due to the fact that the leaders Date, Inamoto and Supre Onvi kinda quit. I still remember asking Gurkak for help on wizard. Although this screenshot in particular is a really recent one already, this is the time that my own guild Tears of Blood still helps Influence during WoE.

axogl.jpg

Influence was my WoE guild then in around 2008 I think, but I still have the guild PsychoSamuraiz on my SinX, since that time I was still helping the new guys on that guild. Those new guys then became the first members of my own guild Tears Of Blood. When TOB became big enough and I have a set of good people in it(Hansen, Lena, and Shreya), I WoE with TOB but not as the guild leader, I left that to Hansen(I don't like E-calling on wizard). We normally WoE for Euro on ourselves, but ally with Influence and send people over there during American WoE(mostly Hansen and me).

During those times, when I was in Influence, I was using Valkyrie set(we didn't have knight set then) and lich bone wand(no legendary weapons yet) and get a salary of 5 berry tickets. I farmed berries(no seed room yet), MVP cards and speed potions(in turbo room, mind you) to gain enough tokens(called donation coupons back then). By the time I led TOB, I have ONE Fset only and is using main gauche as weapons on sinx.

So if you newbies say you find it hard in this server now, I will never believe you.

This is why I look up to people like you.^ Spent hard work many hours to get what you wanted stuck with it really pro job on getting to where you are today.And +1 for not having to donate;).Nothing wrong with supporting the server donating,but it is silly to full gear donate just to be op when you first join.

gah~ i wish i was in that time too, where TG is only 10toks, i imagine how easy it is to get kiel :3 anyway i'm just about 2mos. old here so no throwback for me~

TG costs what now? 20-25? 2007- 2009, TG costs around 45-50, kiels are probably the same, tao gunka, fbh, sinx card and valk randgris around 80 - 100. 1 token = 3 berry tickets. Rucksacks(the +10 stats and a slot lower headgear) costs 300 each. All fparts are still 95 if you bought it from players. I didn't even bother getting emp back then, I was using FBH aura from votes and using scarf and fluffy wings as lower headgears.

Having low price on TG or mvp cards is actually not good for non donators like me. Back then, I can hunt TG, get lucky with a few cards and gain 100 tokens easily. I don't even have to OP them, because that was the market price.

Gearing up yourself and you can't donate, you have to play with the market prices. It was a godsend for me when TG costs as much as it did before.

This is why I look up to people like you.^ Spent hard work many hours to get what you wanted stuck with it really pro job on getting to where you are today.And +1 for not having to donate;).Nothing wrong with supporting the server donating,but it is silly to full gear donate just to be op when you first join.

I gotta tell you myself, I was not really that hard working in terms of farming. my guild members can vouch for that. What we did actually was this:

When TOB started, we came up with the idea to gain tokens as a group. We were small then, and that time, I as the guildmaster and not counting the ones that can donate is the only one geared enough to pvp and woe. We started farming as a group.

We put up a thread in the market place(kinda like what the guild Carpe Noctem did, I am not sure of what their name really but that is what I remember) and even my members in game, to have people tell us which items they want us to farm, and when do they want it. We kinda like created the guild as a "service" type of business. We even had our own forum for it. And of course, our prices was a tad cheaper than the ones in the market. But Carpe Noctem did this the best farming.

So, we get orders from people to farm the items needed for the elite quest(the knight quest back then), and we commit to the schedule. I was normally doing the MVP hunts since I am the most geared. The people who farmed the items get the payment if they needed it. If, like me, do not need them, they put it in the guild storage. In all the times that the guild was active, I do not remember anyone stealing from the guild storage.

There even was a time that we have a KOS service.

I recruited newbies then. When we started, about 3-5 of us are the ones that are decently geared. The difference with newbies back then was they wanted to play and enjoy the game. None of the people I recruited begged for items. I gave them direction, and they did it. If for some reason one of my co-leaders recruited someone who constantly begs, we kick him out. If one of my guildmembers kill another guildmember for no reason at all, didnt ask for a duel or something else, I kick them out and KOS them. It is indeed just a game, but me, hansen, shreya and lena valued loyalty above gear.

I do want to make TOB alive and do that again, the thing that prevents me from doing it are the new players themselves.

Well it sounds to me my compliment was still true.If you guys ran a mvp/farming shop pretty much.Grinding is grinding even if you had it more easy than the others.You guys made success had a solid plan.Yeah I played games where you can't trust anyone I really don't trust anyone from my real life experiences that is amazing you guys function had a just good overall guild.After I get done with my small plans I believe I going to start a guild I got a lot of wonderful ideas.I would love to connect with a lot of people like me in RO that could function as a great team.Really just help people I free leech people which may seem like nothing,but noobs love to see me leech I try to do 10 people when I do or more.I just got great ideas I would love to start this guild I will let the people with knowledge that get recruited really run it well.Since of course I don't have these years of experience I think it would be a good asset to server a noobie/pro guild.I will give it a go in time if it does not work I hand my ideas over to pro let him run it better,or just join a top level guild in time.Right now of course am just enjoying day by day getting better.

Wew, I wish I had all my SS.

*Nostalgia-goggles-on*

Influence is probably the fondest memories I have of fRO because Ken was an outstanding leader. Maintained a well-structured guild and almost always kept Payon in WoE (thus, monopolizing Orange Emps, h3h3h3). Post-WoE guild events kept guild relationships and skills strong. Before he quit, I remember he gave me an Orange Emp (first major drop) which was awesome. He also gave out a ton of EDP tickets which he said he had 20K of; 500 to each player who asked I think, haha.

*Nostalgia-goggles-off*

Edited by Forum~

This is me when i first played FRO. I remember Poncho Pilato of dreads was my first friend of this server and helped me out :)8x72YgR.jpg

I saved some screenshots when i was a noobie farmer :) Farming for stinky scale. One of friggs shield requirement :)

rFchwqx.jpg

Now this is the reward for my hard work :)

ngNFeu2.jpg

This is my recent equips, I got scammed last Christmas though :)

H0KMPuC.jpg

Edited by elykarmic

i dont have screen shots of my early days :( but yeah, i started with my sinx, which is still my main now xD and yeah, i farmed with my sinx and all that, did all the quest with my sinx, farmed for tokens with my sinx LOL it's noobish though xD i just started to make a wiz when i decided to farm seeds coz i earned a couple of tokens xD this is like i think my first month in the server xD started in march 2013 :) and then when i got myself legendary gears, voted for my king set, got the cards and all that, i started to woe, i joined apil juice and earned tokens there, and then donated for a couple coz i got money and starting to have less playing time :( made a lot of friends :D most of em stopped playing now, some of em are still here, made new friends xD and yeah, this is me now with Vengeance xD

screenForbidden009_zps46a899f1.jpg

I remember Influence. I started in 08, but I haven't played since 09. lol I wish I hadn't quit back then. the players were definitely nicer to say the least. prices also didn't fluctuate as much as they do now

I Join Fro Feb something 2013

Almost 1 year now YEY!

Summoning MVP's Using Prof's skill "Hocus-pocus"(it works back then :D)

screenForbidden001_zps2653b090.jpg

My 1st raid. Im using priest since my sniper is not geared yet :D

screenForbidden004_zps4b0d3104.jpg

My almost geared sniper :D

screenForbidden014_zps536c069a.jpg

My 1st WoE guild APIL JUICE

screenForbidden028_zps08e8b1bd.jpg

and.. This is me now :D

screenForbidden482_zps21037d86.jpg

Recently taken

screenForbidden416_zpsa84a0a28.jpg

Breaking gg