nasara1

:) Suggestions :)

So I'm quite a new player here, and I did notice some things that caught my attention:

1. Hotkeys, firstly of all the servers I've been in, this the only server that can't stack up 4 shortcut bars (f12) Yes I get that this may be able to help the challenge for players, but wouldnt stacking it up be a comfort for more players? Meaning more hotkeys from f1-f9, Q-O, A-L, and z- (.). This allows players to have more items and skills on hotkey.
(Some people would say that this maybe a bad idea because they end up typing their hotkey, then maybe we could separate it by pressing enter button? Press enter, chat mode, not on press, hotkey mode.

2. Vote rewards get tokens, instead of credits, doing this may bring a better community, how? so that people will be encouraged to vote, doing so means more players, and more players means bigger community, The more the merrier. Also when people get tokens instead of credits, people would be able to buy more goodies that they need, e.g An old player would have complete items already and wouldnt really care for vote items anymore, well wouldnt tokens still interest them to vote?

3. Duel map. I'm not so sure if we have this already but I was thinking a duel map where there are npc shops, and a healer, no vending areas are to be open in the area and only small areas are to have available room(for private room)

4. to be updated?

-Thanks new player Quickly :)

So I'm quite a new player here, and I did notice some things that caught my attention:

1. Hotkeys, firstly of all the servers I've been in, this the only server that can't stack up 4 shortcut bars (f12) Yes I get that this may be able to help the challenge for players, but wouldnt stacking it up be a comfort for more players? Meaning more hotkeys from f1-f9, Q-O, A-L, and z- (.). This allows players to have more items and skills on hotkey.

(Some people would say that this maybe a bad idea because they end up typing their hotkey, then maybe we could separate it by pressing enter button? Press enter, chat mode, not on press, hotkey mode.

This comes with renewal, definitely something I miss from when I used to play RO just because it allows you to switch in and out of battle mode very quickly, and so it lets you have more skills hotkeyed and able to switch gears quicker and easier. However, I'm not sure how up to date this server is, or how easy it would be to set it up.

Hey there, welcome to the server and I'm glad to see you're thinking along to improve the gaming experience.

As for the things you suggested.

1: If you type /bm in-game you will enable to use your skillbars with your letter keys. This way you can have multiple skillbars used at once, I believe this is what you're looking for :)

2: Giving tokens to voters would be abuse-able. Tokens are tradeable in-game. People would be able to vote with multiple accounts and trade all tokens to one account. Also giving tokens for voting would greatly decrease the donations the server receives. To continue giving incentive to vote, even to older players, new voting items should be introduced.

3: You can basically do this in every town I believe :O.

4. What do you mean with that?

Oh, thanks for the info Sir

but well, for the vote points, I came from a server where you would get voting points instead of credits, and the server has a voting goal, now if this voting goal is to be exceeded it will reduce the exchange rate of vote points > tokens. Also if it not, the rates will be higher, Experience as well as drop rates, and I guess it's been very balance. Maybe we can get credits to be tradable? I mean vote points > credits > tokens. I think making the incentive received from voting lower than tokens would resolve the donation concern.

Thanks you again :))

Oh, thanks for the info Sir

but well, for the vote points, I came from a server where you would get voting points instead of credits, and the server has a voting goal, now if this voting goal is to be exceeded it will reduce the exchange rate of vote points > tokens. Also if it not, the rates will be higher, Experience as well as drop rates, and I guess it's been very balance. Maybe we can get credits to be tradable? I mean vote points > credits > tokens. I think making the incentive received from voting lower than tokens would resolve the donation concern.

Thanks you again :))

Plus for you men .

Most of the suggestions I read here would require the renewal UI.

I dont know if it's that easy though to switch to renewal while keeping the mobs as they are. Especially the emperium.

Also afaik instant cast is removed on renewal engine.

Edited by ChainBreak

Most of the suggestions I read here would require the renewal UI.

I dont know if it's that easy though to switch to renewal while keeping the mobs as they are. Especially the emperium.

Also afaik instant cast is removed on renewal engine.

Switching to renewal shouldn't be much of a problem, and most definitely wouldn't change the mobs. I mean they already use some of the renewal mob sprites.

Instant cast is removed on renewal but it is able to be put back. Just like how you can change instant cast from 150 to whatever number you wanted.

It is hard to integrate ONLY the Renewal UI. It is easy to update the server(everything else) into renewal. The problem is we only want the UI(which has the hotkeys and updated skill tree). Genesis is already working on this, since this is suggested multiple times. But then again, If it would just break some stuff, I would rather not have it, since it isn't a big deal anyway.

If we change into renewal, tons of things will change, including formulas for certain skills. I for one know that Acid Bomb takes in STR as well as INT stat in its formula in renewal, and is affected by cards that increase ranged damage. There are alot of stuff to consider, and having an eyecandy UI and hotkeys shouldn't be a priority. Again, I would rather have new raids and quests because let us face it: Our pvp in the server is top-notch, every class can participate compared to other highrates, but our pve aspect is lacking(we don't have good rewards in endless tower etc).

You guys are right about the interface and the newer battlemode. Those functions are renewal only functions. Genesis updates our mob and item database to stay updated with renewal. The hardest part is indeed to change the interface without adding more renewal changes.

I personally do not like several of the renewal changes such as the default battlemode and the need to apply skill points after adding them. I also very much dislike third jobs and the newer balance system. Balancing third jobs will take a very very long time because they are not suitable for high-rates.

We already have a similar system implemented. Our voting items have floating effects. Meaning if we do not reach our voting goals the items efficiency (effects/stats) will be nerfed or removed. This continuously gives incentive for everyone to vote even though they already have and are using the voting items. Changing voting points to donation tokens would just be too abusable. Donation tokens are tradeable, this will cause people to make numerous accounts and vote with all of them to get donation tokens, then trade all donation tokens to one account. Keep in mind none of our voting items are tradeable. All this to prevent abuse.

I assume that the fourth suggestion is to update to Renewal/current RO updated status. If that is the case, then both the first and the fourth suggestion are renewal related. I'll try to elaborate why this isn't easy to do or even an option that has been considered but not carried out yet.

For the first suggestion, a new client would have to be created. Sadly the way we use the client and the files that come with the client are uniquely coded. This way of coding isn't available anymore for the renewal clients. What does this mean? All customs (mobs and items) which were indirectly linked to the client aren't linked anymore. A whole new system of adding the customs would have to be created, setup and converted from our current database. Because such a tool doesn't exist, all the customs would have to manually be converted. This isn't worth the gain. In the past (about... 2? years ago) I have successfully created a renewal client and logged in to the game, but it ended there. Nothing was usable, the way maps were displayed were off. Skills weren't recognized and nothing worked the way it should have been.

Having looked at the current progress, not much has changed and actually most of the development on those kind of game clients is dead on eAthena. I think jAthena was making small steps forward though..

Might all sound a litlle... yea not completely structured, but I hope I got the message across. So because of this, upgrading the client isn't an option (at the moment!)

For the server upgrade, some of the explanation above applies here as well. Because the improvements and mechanics and all that comes with the gameplay of the classes, skills, usage of items and all that aren't completely working yet, it isn't favorable to migrate to a renewal system model yet. It already is very generous of Genesis and the other staff members to provide the community as much of renewal as possible by customizing the content and implementing this. But because a class balance has yet to be obtained in Renewal (without high stats), it would naturally snowball even harder on a server with high rates and stats. Due to the attempt to preserve the balance in this server, the migration to renewal isn't an option either. At least, not now or the few months coming, but will be in the future for sure. Knowing how things go, everything will be done to make it possible, so don't worry about that!

The other suggestions have been enlighted fairly by Bishop.