Rayray

Suggestion About Tarot Skill Of Clown/gypsy

This is not about a nerf/buff on the skill. In fact, this wouldn't actually affect the skill at all.

My suggestion is to have an indication of what tarot effect you casted.

At the moment, you need to have your effects on at all times to know what tarot card you have done, this is disadvantageous in certain maps where there are tons of people pvping(WoE,BR,GvG) and to players who do not have a decent machine(I know almost everyone is at least using a dual core pc/laptop with a decent gpu but having effects off helps a lot).

My suggestion is that when you cast a tarot, it will be posted on your chat window which card is it(Priest, Death, Chariot etc). Pretty much like the message "Skill has Failed" or the message you receive when you try to strip someone that has FCP. The message should only show up on your chat window(not other players).

If that isn't possible, at least make the clown/gypsy scream the card name, instead of the clown/gypsy saying the "Tarot Card of Fate" everytime the skill was successful.

I been trying to use every class that I rarely see around and been thinking of ways to actually make players use them. I saw this as a disadvantage to Clowns/Gypsy so I thought of fixing it.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

I would prefer the clown/gypsy screaming out the card name instead of using the chat option. It would just flood the chat way too much. However I do not see this as the main reason why gypsy/clown are not played. In my opinion all gypsies/clowns can do right now is spam tarot, because the spamrate of arrow vulcan is horrible and the sprite cancelling by playing songs is not allowed to be used. So basically all you see is full reduction clowns spamming tarot...

Yeah, the main reason was the horrible spam of AV, if it can be chained to about 4x without doing any form of cancel(cloak, attention concentrate), it would be better. although it would help the class if they can turn off effects when playing .

I always have effects off on Biochemist, Stalker, Gunslinger, SinX, Paladin, Wizard, Prof, Soul Linker, Super Novice, and LK. Sadly, I cannot do that on clown at the moment. It would really help a lot of players.

You had me on your first sentence. I was about to murder you if you say anything about nerfing this class whose full of disadvantages.

I still own with 4 AVs, but yes, would be nice to shout out the card although not necessary. It helps, on maps where there is a lot of people. So I don't mind and yes not on chat window. That would be too much spam.

you had me on your first sentence. I was about to murder you if you say anything about nerfing this class whose full of disadvantages.

I actually believe tarot should be nerfed a bit and arrow vulcan should be boosted to balance out their damage and ability to debuff enemies. Right now a clown that goes (semi) reductions and only spams tarot card 24/7 wins fights eventually. However a clown that's more focussed on using AV is utterly useless. And even on gtb the arrow vulcan can be outygged too easily. This is why I believe tarot should be nerfed (either reduced effects or smaller succes chance) and arrow vulcan should be boosted (either damage wise or spam wise, or even just allowing the song cancelling)

I still own with 4 AVs, but yes
Too bad the max amount of av's legitly is 3 due to the current hard delay.

I actually believe tarot should be nerfed a bit and arrow vulcan should be boosted to balance out their damage and ability to debuff enemies. Right now a clown that goes (semi) reductions and only spams tarot card 24/7 wins fights eventually. However a clown that's more focussed on using AV is utterly useless. And even on gtb the arrow vulcan can be outygged too easily. This is why I believe tarot should be nerfed (either reduced effects or smaller succes chance) and arrow vulcan should be boosted (either damage wise or spam wise, or even just allowing the song cancelling)

Too bad the max amount of av's legitly is 3 due to the current hard delay.

3 is not the maximum, I've done more then 3 and seen more then 3 done by my younger brother.

Clown and Gypsy is OP With Tarot Skill during WoE increase delay on tarot xD

How about no. Not everything is fixed with delay increasing. Shut ya face! xD

Anyway, as I said in my thread about AV, clown is overplayed for the wrong reason, so I definitely agree that something needs to be done to rebalance them towards AV. Now, on to the topic of the thread, this could be pretty helpful (I wouldn't know because my shiz is awesome and I don't need to turn effects off ever outside of the False Angel skill), but as long as it's done right. We do no need it to be like Frost Joke. That crap is as annoying as all get out, but having the skill name be replaced by the card name would be awesome. I dunno how plausible that is, but it would be the best route. Otherwise, do it just like OP said: Put it in your chat like the skill has failed.

If people dont have good pc/internet or whatevs its not the classs kill problem. And you can find all the effects of the cards in google. Here is the effects you just need know the images. If thats is too hard to people, cry!

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Tarot_Card_of_Fate

Everyone who uses clown knows the images and its effects. The point is, you always have to have effects on, which is a small disadvantage, every class can turn off their effects when needed and not be hindered, but you can't do that on clown/gypsy. Isn't that a bit unfair. That is my point here.

Are you telling me that if someone's pc or internet connection cannot handle having effects turned on they should just quit on using clown/gypsy?

It won't make the class OP(the effects of tarot and its chances are still the same), it will just allow you to use the class with effects turned off.

Everyone who uses clown knows the images and its effects. The point is, you always have to have effects on, which is a small disadvantage, every class can turn off their effects when needed and not be hindered, but you can't do that on clown/gypsy. Isn't that a bit unfair. That is my point here.

Are you telling me that if someone's pc or internet connection cannot handle having effects turned on they should just quit on using clown/gypsy?

It won't make the class OP(the effects of tarot and its chances are still the same), it will just allow you to use the class with effects turned off.

Never quit! Ok now i see your point. Well since i hate playing with effects off i guess my comment was useless. Sorry ~!

And my suggestion is not gonna say "Coma!" when it casts the coma tarot, it is still gonna say "The Death". Basically, I just removed the graphic(which is the tarot image) to make the class usable on lower end machines or slower connections that cannot handle 20 people spamming skills around,they will still need to know the effects of each tarot card. :D

hmmm.... i played clown for some time. and all i can say is it was a powerful class "how much more if its fully geared". tarrot cast strip,dispell,break armors etc... and lastly coma more often. i can spam more or less 3AV for a momment and sometimes instant kill the person who use GTB against my tarrot. hence, with the current status of clown right now, i can bring down a fully geared lk using strip and coma. there is no reason to improve the class like this which is already good.

^ It isn't an improvement of the skill or anything, the chances are still the same., it doesn't change anything regarding the class, it just allows you to turn off effects. How hard is that to comprehend?

And sorry to say, but that must have been an inexperienced LK to go down against a clown that easily. I can tank 3 AVs on my LK with GTB on.

Edited by Rayray

I love it when clueless people just -1 a suggestion without thinking and giving a valid reason why.

Again, because it seems that I have to explain things when making a suggestion.

1. It doesn't change anything from the tarot skill formula. It still has the same chance. My suggestion just allow players that uses clown/gypsy turn off their effects and still be good. EVERY CLASS CAN TURN OFF THEIR EFFECTS WITHOUT LOSING ANYTHING.

2. Does not make clown/gypsy OP. Nothing is changed, it's just graphics. We removed the shake thingy from champs because of similar reasons(lag etc) Did the champ class became so OP when we removed the shake from fury?

3. DOES NOT CHANGE TAROT FORMULA. Just so it is clear.

4. DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY, MAKE TAROT SPAM FASTER.

5. DOES NOT CHANGE TAROT FORMULA. I said that already, even on my first post. But it seems that people do not know how to read.

Rayray is right, people should read the topic description before reacting in his suggestion, I know he's clearly suggesting that the tarot skill should have be like this for example, if the casted tarot skill is coma, then it will say like this "Coma!", so it will not be necessary to turn your effects on because it will just make you some lag.... and I would say its +1 in this suggestion........

Actually, the clown would just say the name of the Tarot card. That's it, so if you do not know the tarot effects, this suggestion will not help you.

BTW, thanks for actually reading this suggestion. :)

Do not make the thread for suggestions to a flaming section.

Also do not just put -1 or +1 without any decent reason. Justify your answer. Respect each other's opinion.

We will continue to monitor all the suggestions in any topic. We will remove undecent comments.

Thank you for your support to the server.

I love it when clueless people just -1 a suggestion without thinking and giving a valid reason why.

Again, because it seems that I have to explain things when making a suggestion.

1. It doesn't change anything from the tarot skill formula. It still has the same chance. My suggestion just allow players that uses clown/gypsy turn off their effects and still be good. EVERY CLASS CAN TURN OFF THEIR EFFECTS WITHOUT LOSING ANYTHING.

2. Does not make clown/gypsy OP. Nothing is changed, it's just graphics. We removed the shake thingy from champs because of similar reasons(lag etc) Did the champ class became so OP when we removed the shake from fury?

3. DOES NOT CHANGE TAROT FORMULA. Just so it is clear.

4. DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY, MAKE TAROT SPAM FASTER.

5. DOES NOT CHANGE TAROT FORMULA. I said that already, even on my first post. But it seems that people do not know how to read.

Sorry you have to deal with that Ray. As I said before, though, as long as it doesn't spam everybody else's chat like Frost Joke, I'm down with this. I always play with effects on, but I understand how much of a pain it is in WoE with them off.

+1

AGAIN! its not an IMPROVEMENT its an EDIT. letting clowns/gypsy play much efficiently w/o the hassle of having effects on all the time when casting tarot and suffering the lag nowadays is a reason behind this. i did play clown and having the effects on just to see what tarot is casted just adds up to the lag