Rayray

Rayray's Mini Guide To Hybrid Super Baby.

Since I was bored, I decided to give the Super Baby class a try. So far, it plays almost the same as my Hybrid Biochemist, so I didn't have any problems in transition. I will make it a little short and not like the Biochemist guide because I do not main the Super Baby class so I cannot write as long as I can on the Biochemist guide.

Why Super Baby?

Baby characters gain 2k extra stat points. This makes hybrid build for a super baby is a good way to go.

Gear

This guide assumes that you have at least the following: 2x Urds Earrings, at least 2x Legendary/Valk novice weapon, 2x Tao Gunka, 3x Kiels, Maya purple or fsoldier if you want.

Helm: any 2 slot helms, put 2x kiels in it.

Aura: Preferably Butterfly OR Original Zodiac OR Emp aura, Kiel

Lower: This depends on you now. Either go for Avian Wings for the slot and extra HP, Get the Sacred Wings for the extra reducts, use Royal Angel Wings for the reflect(You won't be using GR anyway so anyone that asuras you will get damaged by your reflect), rucksack for the +10 stats and slot, and of course if you have it, Eidelic Wing. I gotta tell you that the best is the Eidelic Wing since this class don't have Rings.

Armor: Dual Tao Gunka armor to abuse the high HP it gives.

Shield: Usakoring, Maya, GTB, Alice(If you are going for the reflect route with the Royal Angel Wings, additional damage to you means more reflect anyway)

Cloak: 2x skolls, 2x raydrics

shoes: 2x fbh, 2x GEC

ACC: imp or siroma cards, whichever bolt you like to use

Weapon: have 2, preferably 3. one with thanatos, 2nd with Incant, tg, tg, skelworker, 3rd would be strip cards(dwarlord, metalling).

Reasoning for the card setup:

Due to further testing, I therefore conclude that a Thanatos weapon would do well even if you cannot force them to go switch cloaks. So far I fought a few people and they do not always have skolls, so a thanatnos weapon will be good there. Further more kingrings dont help much so I suggest we remove them.

2nd weapon is for the mammonite when the enemy used GTB on you. The reason behind why I used incant is for two reasons. As a Super Baby, you cannot force them to go raydrics like you could on Biochemist. Hence, thanatos at that moment is a little wasted. Incant makes the defense of enemies set to 0. Tons of people have negative defense, sure, but if they remove their skolls, they gain decent defense to combat non-incant users. Not using Incant is a sniper/bow stalker related issue. A sniper can force people to go skolls using thana bow and DS, when they go skolls, your normal carded bow will hurt then. On a super baby, this could work, however your bolts should do enough damage that it makes them go GTB anyway. if they went skoll+gtb and you are on thanatos weapon to mammonite, you won't deal much damage. compared to when you use an incant weapon.

3rd is obvious but not always needed. I myself don't use it, but it is better to have it and not need it, compared to needing it but not having it.

Skills

Tons of skills for the Super Baby Class, you can always buy skill points at the kafra if you missplaced your skill points here. but i will put stuff that you need.

1. lvl 10 bolt of your choice

2. Thunderstorm

3. sight or ruwach

4. pneuma

5. provoke

6. blessing

7. agi up

8. improve concentration

9. Endure

10. Mammonite

11. Decrease Agi

12. Stone Curse

Stats

STR- get around 1.4k-1.6k total attack

Agi- 195 aspd

Vit- 99 base vit is enough for you not to get stunned.

Int- around 10k-12k matk with 4x kingring weapon and 2x fbh shoes on. I mostly stop at 10k matk now, but if you plan on having more damage on mammonte, 8k matk would do well enough.

dex- use improve concentration skill, get dex until you get 500 hit with the improve concentration buff.

luk- none of course

Gameplay

This is straightforward honestly. Use your buffs(bless,agiup,improve, endure), find a target, and try to bolt him to death. Do not be afraid of maya card, your HP can handle reflect, most enemy's hp cant handle the loss of usakoring shield so they will die before you. If they go GTB, go hit with mammonite(use converters of course). Rinse and Repeat.

Not everyone has Fsoldier, if you see them wearing ship captain, use stone curse and spam mammonite before the stone curse fully kicks in.

You are a pretty hard class to kill because of the tao gunka effect and your weapon giving hp bonuses. which means without those two, you are screwed. Always get FCP if you plan on serious pvping.

Mostly before engaging, I use Decrease Agi on people as it helps a lot.

Use Provoke against magic classes and mammonite them.

Use speed pots to chase people, even with increase agi, you still are not that fast.

You have 4 great enemies, Biochemist because of you having no GR and even with that high hp they still hurt, and they can break your armor, WS because of the breaking stuff, stalker because of strip and clown because of tarot. 3 of those gets screwed by FCP and you can wear GTB against clown because your hp is high enough to handle their damage. in short, always have FCP when fighting them.

This guide is incomplete, as I am still testing some stuff. Hope this helps people that wanted to use Super Baby Class.

Edited by Rayray
  • Like 4

Always lovely to see more of your guides. A few things to add:

1: The 2k additional stat points issue has been reported and elevated in a ticket. I'll update this topic once I know if it'll be back or not.

2: Personally, if you want to go hybrid you'd need int and str accessories to get the most out of your class. If you're good with swapping then swap accessories when changing from magic to melee or default one STR accessory and one INT one.

3: I'd like to emphasize the use of stone curse. Many people swap away from fsoldier. Having stone curse + fire converter mamonite spam takes down enemies very easily.

4: You said ruwach or sight. Personally I'd always go for sight. Ruwach hits the enemy which causes you to get stuck for at least a second and thus won't be able to directly bolt or mamonite after getting someone out of cloak. Sight however doesn't hit the target, so as soon as you uncloack him/her you can attack.

Always lovely to see more of your guides. A few things to add:

1: The 2k additional stat points issue has been reported and elevated in a ticket. I'll update this topic once I know if it'll be back or not.

2: Personally, if you want to go hybrid you'd need int and str accessories to get the most out of your class. If you're good with swapping then swap accessories when changing from magic to melee or default one STR accessory and one INT one.

3: I'd like to emphasize the use of stone curse. Many people swap away from fsoldier. Having stone curse + fire converter mamonite spam takes down enemies very easily.

4: You said ruwach or sight. Personally I'd always go for sight. Ruwach hits the enemy which causes you to get stuck for at least a second and thus won't be able to directly bolt or mamonite after getting someone out of cloak. Sight however doesn't hit the target, so as soon as you uncloack him/her you can attack.

1. Awesome, thanks :).

2. Ideally, that would be the best way to do it. However, it works simply well in 1v1 situations, I myself don't really find switching acc as much on group pvp. The idea for me was to play as a magic class(I love magic classes), until such time they decide to go GTB. That is why I advised Urds even on my biochemist guide. But yeah, if you are rich enough to have both acc, then by all means do it. This also allows you to have lex aeterna on the lokis, and imp/siroma on the urds.

3. Stone Curse really is awesome :)

4. I do use sight most of the time as well. Sometimes it is a matter of preference though, that is why i said whichever they want. And the damage sometimes also staggers the enemy which allows me to get in a decrease agi, while sight sometimes just makes people(sinx) spam backslide the moment I uncloak them.

Thanks for the awesome input Bishop. :)

i hope u will edit it and do it in full guide.. :) .. i want to read a full guide of this.. because i have also SN .. ty idol

how if super baby wear a ND ring??its a good?

Got a question. Cause I see babies always getting 1 hit by asura.even with 2x rays or ray+skoll. What would u suggest? Go gr+ tao?

i tried too. max hp i got was around 525k hp. with 2 tao and 100 vit. and adding more vit doesnt make any change on my hp as the interface or it does change like the max crit 32k but deals more?

still dying with asura.even in 2 rays

One hit? Are you sure you are not lexed or have the wrong shield? Max asura damage I get atm is 450k. But then again, I haven't used my SN for so long. Also note that I am using Fluffy wings now since I need the extra resist.

EDIT: also using skull aura.

Edited by Rayray

im not sure if i get lexed. but i was on nd ring and butt aura.

Lovely and great guide, Ray. You just persuaded me to quit being a sniper and become a super novice with this guide. xD

Edited by Aerofox

Super baby has little use to WoE though. I suggest you still play sniper for Guild stuff. :) It is more of a pvp only class as there are other classes that can do better in woe