beef noodles

Castle Drops.

Hey, sorry if this sounds selfish or stupid or wateva. but i just thought i'd comment on the drop rates of emps, eldics and imps. Now as some people know i was a loyal member to No Mercy and i woe'd as much as i could.

After months and months of trying to break castles and what not. Still havent got 1 single drop, except for f soldier card. and because of this low rate No Mercy was closed due to heavy tokens being spent on paying salarys. Not to mention defending a castle these days is extremely difficult. I just thought i'd suggest maybe increasing the drop to around 0.5% and 0.7% on weekends? Would like to know other peoples thoughts, and like i said before. Sorry if this sounds selfish or stupid!

Thommo out!

Edited by beef noodles
  • Like 3

+1 Actually, it doesn't sound that selfish, stupid or what not. It is a good suggestion mainly because of having the fruit of our labor. The intention of the GMs is perhaps to imbibe in us the attitude of having the virtue of patience and hardwork. But it will be more rewarding if more chances to have the drop will be increased.

Hmm, I will be the first one to disagree on this. If drops will be raised even a little, it will need some testing. it wouldn't be good if there will be a sudden increase in the rare stuff that castles drop. in fact, guild leaders might hoard them like in the past.

Castle drops are still based in luck. well that and having a good economy on the castle. and as we know, payon has got to have the lowest economy because it was so easy to break.

one of the reason that castle drops are getting rare is because most of the castles got the lowest economy possible by the time WoE is over. Just take euro woe for example. no one defends in that castle, people just rush in and break. no one even tries trapping, using gunslingers, using slow gracers and stuff to try and defend.

We in Elith held the castles for a fair few times.as far as i know since I joined them, the only significant drops we ever had is Shreya's Gray Eidelic wing, and Brax's Gray Emp Aura. all the other times after that are just Castle Red Boxes.

if your suggestion is implemented, it will be unfair to the one who get the castle on lets say a woe where it is not close to a weekend.

And at this point, the low castle drop rate isn't the reason why NM closed down, it is because of guild masters paying tokens and stuff for woe. Whoever started that trend, i don't know, but it was because of him that people wanted bigger salaries. I swear to God, people were fine being paid by supplies before.

P.S. I cant remember the old castle drop rates(orange, green emps and stuff) if it was the same drop rate now, then i find it ok, but i seem to remember the old days having higher drop rate and the result is that everyone gets castle drops which made it not really rare anymore.

• Like 2

Hmm, I will be the first one to disagree on this. If drops will be raised even a little, it will need some testing. it wouldn't be good if there will be a sudden increase in the rare stuff that castles drop. in fact, guild leaders might hoard them like in the past.

Castle drops are still based in luck. well that and having a good economy on the castle. and as we know, payon has got to have the lowest economy because it was so easy to break.

one of the reason that castle drops are getting rare is because most of the castles got the lowest economy possible by the time WoE is over. Just take euro woe for example. no one defends in that castle, people just rush in and break. no one even tries trapping, using gunslingers, using slow gracers and stuff to try and defend.

We in Elith held the castles for a fair few times.as far as i know since I joined them, the only significant drops we ever had is Shreya's Gray Eidelic wing, and Brax's Gray Emp Aura. all the other times after that are just Castle Red Boxes.

if your suggestion is implemented, it will be unfair to the one who get the castle on lets say a woe where it is not close to a weekend.

And at this point, the low castle drop rate isn't the reason why NM closed down, it is because of guild masters paying tokens and stuff for woe. Whoever started that trend, i don't know, but it was because of him that people wanted bigger salaries. I swear to God, people were fine being paid by supplies before.

P.S. I cant remember the old castle drop rates(orange, green emps and stuff) if it was the same drop rate now, then i find it ok, but i seem to remember the old days having higher drop rate and the result is that everyone gets castle drops which made it not really rare anymore.

1. sup :p

2. euro woe's castle is not possible to defend dont matter how strong ur guild is.. we do traps we also have gunslingers and everything thats needed to defend .. but the whole server on one guild ? not possible .. i dont think u r the only who think about defending that ^_^

3. Eltih is atm not able to defend any castle .. elith drop is based on the last min break and HUGE luck when opening that box ..

4. i didnt start any trend i payed lower salary than osfa & we had many times a castle and getting nothing of it .. the salary is not to keep my members .. 50 % of my guild follow me and dont even want a seed tix .. the token salary is for the ppl which are not geared they save the tokens and buy new gears since they are not able to donate .. its just a help ..

5. the old droprates were like 2 % ?? or more .. nowadays is 0.20% and on weekends 0.30 :))))

1. sup deniz :D

2. yep, but some people in the past put an effort at defending that castle and i know since i was part of the few guilds that did. it's not impossible, just takes effort. cmon I haven't even seen one guild now utilizing gunslingers, grandcross paladins, meteor wizards , trappers on defending in ANY CASTLE AT ALL. what people call now as defending is simply ganging on anyone they see.

3. Exactly, Elith can't defend castles except when jo ,our sniper ,is online, when heather is using her slow gracer, or when i was online putting bombs around. we still do try to defend, but of course a small guild can only do so much. Castle drop is based sorely on luck, that's the point. while having higher chances could help smaller guilds, the fact remains that a bigger guild has a higher chance of getting a castle (technically, as im sure we have proved that we can take castles with few people). if that happens, only guilds that have bigger numbers can constantly get castle and eventually its drop, which isn't fair for smaller guilds. having lower chances put smaller guilds like ours against bigger guilds like OSFA or NM on equal grounds regarding castle drops.

4. While I do agree that most of your members were really loyal since i was friends with some of them, the fact remains that some people joined your guild because you pay tokens as salary. i think it was Bob that started that trend anyway although I am not sure. But i still believe that paying tokens for woe(UNLESS YOU ARE FILTHY RICH AND DONATES CONSTANTLY) is a bad idea,

5. and what good did having 2% drop rate or more in castle drops did for us in the past? everyone having emps, everyone having rucksacks, and selfish guild masters getting rich. a castle drop was supposed to be rare, not something everyone already has.

Edited by ZerO25
  • Like 1

Well, we always look at the past to see what we are now in the present. Comparing seems to help a lot to know what to do. But let us not forget that when we do it, we strive for something better than the older. I am not trying to suggest to outshine the past rules, but im suggesting for them to be improved. It is still up for the Gms. But i agree with the increase of castle drops, it attracts more players, they are looking forward to castle drops and be active for woes. More players, more fun in fRO. We all have a point, but the question is, who has the better point? It's undeniable that we all aspire for drops, no doubt. if we know that drop rates increased, a harder work will be put into effort to take any castle! :D

so much have been said, Mabuhay fRo!

1. sup deniz :D

2. yep, but some people in the past put an effort at defending that castle and i know since i was part of the few guilds that did. it's not impossible, just takes effort. cmon I haven't even seen one guild now utilizing gunslingers, grandcross paladins, meteor wizards , trappers on defending in ANY CASTLE AT ALL. what people call now as defending is simply ganging on anyone they see.

3. Exactly, Elith can't defend castles except when jo ,our sniper ,is online, when heather is using her slow gracer, or when i was online putting bombs around. we still do try to defend, but of course a small guild can only do so much. Castle drop is based sorely on luck, that's the point. while having higher chances could help smaller guilds, the fact remains that a bigger guild has a higher chance of getting a castle (technically, as im sure we have proved that we can take castles with few people). if that happens, only guilds that have bigger numbers can constantly get castle and eventually its drop, which isn't fair for smaller guilds. having lower chances put smaller guilds like ours against bigger guilds like OSFA or NM on equal grounds regarding castle drops.

4. While I do agree that most of your members were really loyal since i was friends with some of them, the fact remains that some people joined your guild because you pay tokens as salary. i think it was Bob that started that trend anyway although I am not sure. But i still believe that paying tokens for woe(UNLESS YOU ARE FILTHY RICH AND DONATES CONSTANTLY) is a bad idea,

5. and what good did having 2% drop rate or more in castle drops did for us in the past? everyone having emps, everyone having rucksacks, and selfish guild masters getting rich. a castle drop was supposed to be rare, not something everyone already has.

well last thing to this .. i dont think if the droprate increase to .50/.70 that everyone will move with a new emp .. i mean even getting a thana is more easy than a castle drop .. its just TO RARE :)

Well no bias on this but +1 to the Increase. Since a lot of new players got into the server right now, its not a bad idea to boost the Castle Drop rates since this will help and inspire the new player to participate well on WOE and be loyal to their corresponding Guilds. Yes this might get side effects on eco but its a good opportunity for new players to get a hand on WOE Drops. Yes guild leader might hoard the drops, but its on the guild members if they would want a leader such as that. I think this would open up for more Guilds to participate during WOE unlike today guilds are merging cause they need to defend well for the Eco of the Castle. More guilds = more fun on WOE I guess. Just my opinion chill~ ;]

Either way. I +1 this.

Newbies used to get Orange, Green, Purple and sometimes even Blue emps because they were dropped more frequently, Guild leaders now HOARD those rare drops horribly. I'd love to see more Violet, Red, Skyblue and Gray emps. It would also help the Economy by allowing newer players to get their hands on something that's actually worth something. Defending a castle right now is pretty hard, unless you're like RTF and have like 3 guilds defending.

Anyways. +1 +1 +1 +1.

well id disagree with the idea...like zero said its about defending...if you want a better chance of getting rare stuff put the actual work into defending...the point of WoE is defending raise eco...get more boxes to break..thats where your chances are in getting items...its definitly not impossible to defend a castle...even Euro...i seen it done many times before with the older guilds...Loli Kingdom defended euro for a good time....predicament had pretty good def in payon / prt at times...Parody defending prt back when i was new...even guilds like RM and Influence...in my opinion drop rate is fine as it is now if you really want better chances of getting the drops just gotta think of new ways to defend...so many tactics arent being used these days in forsaken. :)

I knew this topic would bring alot of opinions. im loving it so far, so keep it up. What im trying to say is i just think the drop rate is to low. 0.5 is still very low considering woe is only a couple times per week. yes it seems unfair on Shreya and everyone else who got those items out of pure luck. but 0.3% isnt a massive increase, plus i tell u right now. woe on this server is 100% more fun than my old server simply because everyones wants castles and strives to better their personal woe skills and what not.

I have to agree on this suggestions to increase the emp drop rates. many of us put in alot the hard work to defend the castle or even try to take the castle. After many months of hard work the end reward was very low. i believe this would give players an opportunity to gear themselves up. also make woe more fun ^^ cause more people would actually put in more effort into it.

i started playing fro for almost 2 and half months now, and now i realy enjoy WOE ...

salary is not important to me, i just enjoy WOE days ...

and for the months i join my guild, we did not have a castle drops ...

now thats a little disapoinment ...

deffending is not a problem, elith already said it, they realy into defending if their trappers are online and Gs and put booms, so if you know you are out numbered in your guild, you know your last thing to do is last mind break ...

GMs, please increase the castle drops so new players like be more inspires to do WOE and enjoy it like i do ...

[ANOTHER SUGGESTION]

please put a note or post a broudcast about our voting so new player will know that there is a vpting system to our server to inhelp them with thier items ...

I REALY SUPPORT IMPROVING OUR SERVER

thats why i always help newbies to their question to be inspire to play fro ...

THANK YOU ...

lets make WOE party like a ROCK star!

***THE_ROCK***

Hmm. well, in my opinion, it should stay as is. That's the whole point of WoE, You break and defend the castle. You defend to keep the economy of the castle as high as possible for better woe drops.. At the end of the day, its all about luck if you will get a decent drop or not. If you don't want to defend, then it's your problem.

And about the guild leaders hoarding items, no matter how much you increase the rates, if they don't want to share drops, there is nothing you can do. Better look for a better guild leader. LOL.

Lastly, I think the problem here is not the drop rate, for me its more of how long will it take you to be loyal to a guild to get a decent woe drop..

Don't hate me. This is just my opinion.

• Like 1

Defending castles takes effort, but not pretty hard. Ask any Old member of Loli Kingdom that defended their castles really good. People who were in Influence and RM know they defended their castles as well. Scientology members are on par at defending castles with Influence. Parody did it as well.. seriously, tons of old guilds defend castles they get. you have numbers, make use of it.

Don't get me wrong, I myself would would love to get castle drops. With us in Elith, that has definitely fewer members than full guilds like OSFA and NM, giving us a higher % in drop rate would be great for a small guild like us that can take castles even if we are against full guilds. Why? because it doesn't take much time for our members to get their drops. we are so few, technically less than 10. We normally get 1 castle per week, 2 when we are lucky. with a higher drop rate, we could all get castle drops in a few months, way before the newbies in a big guild can get theirs, assuming the guild members take in turns on who get the drops next.

To everybody saying it is for the newbies :

stop trying to look like a saint to cover your selfish reasons. let's not say "this is for the newbies" because you know and I know it is not. stop using that lame reason and put up a better and much more real reason on why you want the castle drops drop rate % a little higher. This would not help newbies unless all of them make one guild and break with that guild. it would again be the case of the rich becoming richer.

Back on topic, so far the only one that is not sugar coating his reason is Thommo.

This is the only thing i can agree on. Imps, Emps, they are all the same, just changes in color but gives the same effect. a gray emp is no better than a green emp in terms of stats. so, for emps and imps, 0.4%drop rate; i can probably be flexible and agree on that. but not any higher and it should still be the same even on weekends. thana card is starting to be abundant on the server even at .7% drop rate, you can get it.

Eidelic wings. i still want it to be as rare as possible due to the reason that it is a great item, and probably the best lower headgear on the server next to the rings. . so, i don't like the idea of putting a higher drop rate for it. it should stay the same at 0.2% drop rate. oh and you might see this as selfish since a member of Elith had that wing. Sure, might be a little selfish. It is on the same brand of selfishness that people who knew how to do the rings quest aren't divulging the information they knew. We worked hard for that wing, why in the hell would I agree on something that makes it drop easier?

TL;DR, I DONT AGREE ON PUTTING A HIGHER DROP RATE, DROP RATE IS FINE, It's just that some guild masters are spending way too much and are not getting anything in WoE, that's your fault, not ours. some just want to have an easier way out.. I can be flexible and agree on a 0.4% increase for the imps and emps since they all give the same stat, no matter the color is. Eidelics should stay as rare as possible, since it is an item that is so good, it should remain rare.

Edited by ZerO25
  • Like 1

Now i agree that increasing the drop rate of these items will promote more attempts at hoarding emps and imps. but it has its positives and negatives. Everything is like that. Now im not saying that this is how things will work, but if the rate was increased. Yes, RTF and osfa and other big guilds will obviously try harder to hold castles for drops. but it can also promote new players to the server aswell as promote players to try harder to get castles. This was just a suggestion i thought i would throw out for discussion and see what other peoples opinions are. Everyone so far has had valid points. I also agree with Zeros suggestion with the eldics. i belive that these are a rare as f**k item and leaving them at 0.2% i can agree with. With the imps and emps, i dont think a 0.3% increase will hurt that much? honestly they all do the same thing....

i can agree on a 0.5% drop rate for emps and imps. anything higher might need some test runs.

Edited by ZerO25

I'd totally agree with 0.5 % for now as I know how much luck you need to get a single drop nowadays. Big guilds who were able to hold a castle or conquerred several ones have rarely received a single drop while other guilds (with low amount of members) who have had only a handful were lucky to get drops. How are bigger guilds able to keep their promises to their loyal members for a drop? They simply cannot. 0.2% depends more on luck than on quantity of castles and treasure boxes. I've experienced from a friend who had only 1-2 castles and was lucky to get a drop. Another one even got 2 drops. While, bigger guilds who held and defended their castles well, have barely got a single drop or two. Hence, I agree to this suggestion to increase the drop rate. 0.5% doesn't seem too high and not too low.

+1.

Edited by Levis
  • Like 1