Perseverance

Quotebook

I'm a fan of quotes and great sayings,

and I look at numerous quotes on a daily basis.

I see quotes everywhere, be it in class, at work,

on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or even 9GAG.

So why not have a Quotebook thread here?

Rule: Post about a quote of any kind you happen to bump into and want to share.

No specific genre or category. It can range from something inspirational to something silly

and totally random, like out of the blue. Pictures can be included to spice this up!

And since I'm first, let's quote away!

“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people

who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”

• Like 5

"Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Edited by Amicable
  • Like 1

"What I lack in natural ability, I make up for in determination and discipline".

^ That was a good one :D

“Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Loves is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It dose not take offense and is not resentful. Love take no pleasure in others people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.” - A Walk To Remember

^ That's a really good one too. Really good. :)

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

― Dr. Seuss

Edited by Perseverance

Oh, quotes <3. I'll always adore Marilyn Monroe's quotes, any of them you find on usually makes a lot of sense. And, honestly, woman was a legend indeed :). Here's some of my favorite ones:

- We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.

- I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they’re right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

- I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.

- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

- She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that's important — you know.

- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.

As from other people:

- Don't waste your time regretting all your wrongs. Know that in the end, you'll get what your heart longs. Try not to risk it all; don't stumble; don't fall. Take the time to read the writings on the wall. Hold your head high; don't be afraid to say goodbye. Stay true and be you. Do everything there is to do. Live life to the fullest and never look back. There is a reason for the future and a reason for the past. Love until it hurts; laugh until you cry. And when your life flashes before you die, be happy for what you've done, be happy for what you've overcome, and most of all, be proud of what you've become.

- All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

- God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.

- Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.

<3

^ So many 8D

“You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” - The Notebook

Celestial you're the bomb! (: Your quotes are awesome!

"Distance means so little when someone means so much."

"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love." - Max Muller

Edited by Amicable

Every bad situation will always have something positive.

Always remember; Even a dead clock shows a correct time twice a day.

• Like 1

Amicable, I'm a quote hunter, we could say :)!

Perseverance, thank you!

coffee break, I have to say I totally adore the quote you've posted. I didn't have it in my collection, but now it's there. :D

Never judge a day by the weather

The best things in life aren't things

Tell the truth - there's less to remember

Speak softly and wear a loud shirt

Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses

He who dies with the most toys - still dies

Age is relative - when you're over the hill, you pick up speed

There are two ways to be rich - make more or desire less

Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing

No Rain - No Rainbows

- Kimo's Hawaiian Rules

"You know you're awesome when people you don't even know hate you".

^ Simple, but carries such distinct meaning.

When couples go through everything that's meant to tear them apart and still manage to come out stronger than they were before, that's how you know it's meant to be.

Karma is a b!tch :).

Haven't you learned anything, not even with the approach of death? Stop thinking all the time that you're in the way, that you're bothering the person next to you. If people don't like it, they can complain. And if they don't have the courage to complain, that's their problem.

Oooooh Quotes :D

My favourite one is :

"My candle burns at both ends;

It will not last the night;

But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends-

It gives a lovely light!"

-Edna St.Vincent Millay

thanks! celestial ^-^

Enjoy the little things in life,

one day you'll look back and

realize they were actually big things

You're more than welcome! :D

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.

• Like 4

Never ignore someone who cares for you.

Because someday you'll realize you've lost a diamond while you were busy collecting stones.

I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, so we're really not that different, me and you.

This is a thought I had so I decided to share it here. :]

"There are moments when I sit down and wonder; "How on earth did I end up here?"

Being thankful is simple. You just have to take a moment to realize it, and embrace it with a Smile. :)"