Ryuk

Manual Patch Guide

We are a renewal server. You're erroring because you don't have the renewal files. You will have to either download the renewal files form rms, or download the all-in-one. You won't be able to play errorless on a kro/sakray folder as you will error from every newer renewal sprite such as some of the NPCs in the quest room.

i've just downloaded the all in one on a torrent, and it doesnt download an installed instead a folder that has all the ragnarok files in it, and when i open the patcher i got the error that there is missing frolib.dll will this manual patcher help me out, im actually downloading the files as of writing, or is there any other thing i need to download or to do for me to run the ragnarok, i already open up the patcher, but when i click on start that when its start for the missing .dll

The installers are fully updated. If you error after installing the small patch it means you did not install our game through the all-in-one installer. If you decide to try and play the game on kro/sakray client with our small installer, expect to get errors. All renewal sprites will error you. If you're not yet on the renewal files you will have to get them.

Installing the game through our all in one installer is by far the easiest way to get the game up and running without errors.

i got errors even on using the full installer

i've started playing yesterday and i used an kro-sakray and small installer to play, i've leveled 3 characters to 255 then while hunting my character suddenly froze (like my connection was cut) but i still have a stable internet connection, i cant use character select, exit windows and resume game. all my characters in the account are frozen like that, i tried to make new characters but on the starting map they became frozen, i cant see other players or broadcasts or even chats. my close friend told me that my character is moving fine but i cant see them move at all.

i thought it was just a server side issue (emergency maintenance of some sort) but when i tried to log in again after a few hours, my characters still cant move. It is not frozen by the bot detector, btw... i asked my close friend to try and log in my account to her PC and she says there's no problem at all, she says my characters can move and chat.. i tried to copy my fRO folder to my desktop to see if it will work but it doesnt.. i asked her to place all my main characters at payon to check if it is a map error but still the same, my characters cannot move.. or more specifically, i cant see my character move.

I did use the full installer now but the problem is still the same. i tried it at 3 more computers here at home but none works. i tried uninstalling and installing btw, it doesnt work. (I also tried resetting all my characters position on the control panel but still the same outcome)

here are the screenshots of my characters, they don't get DCed even if i let them stand there for an hour or so and there's no error message. (tried that yesterday)

eqoui1.jpg

mhv8lg.jpg

2007o28.jpg

Edited by scarletwarlord

Okie I am new here, new in the sense brand new I am yet to even create a character that new !

I have a problem, this morning I downloaded the all in one torrent file and I seem to have a problem , my game doesn't start for a tiny second it shows of signs of starting up and then noting happens , the screen is unable to maxamise .... I tried having a look at setup.exe and I seem to be missing the screen resolution sizes and yea I am currently using windows 8 , but I have previously played ragnarok on the same OS and I had no problem whatsoever... I would appreciate any help in this regard.

thank you .

Santoshgxxy.png

I figured it out myself , it works fine all I did was
right click on the setup.exe file and went to properties> compatibility mode > then choose to run it as administrator and run it on windows xp mode service pack 3.
I repeated the same process with Fkenro.exe and walla it works like a charm
:cool03:

Edited by Santosh Raman

@doctordoom Install the small installer into your RO folder and you should be fine.

@Santosh that fix is at the troubleshooting guide already. Always been there.

Edited by Bishop

Thanks for the annoying and spammy download for this MUCH NEEDED patch.

The game produces an immediate error when logging in otherwise.

Also, If someone would fix the link to the small patch on the troubleshooting downloads page.

I know RO is a shitty, buggy old game, but a website with broken links is inexcusable.

You do not need this manual patch to log into the game errorless. If you download the all-in-one installer you'd be perfectly fine. If you'd have the renewal files + the small installer you should be fine too. You simply could've ran the patcher to fix your errors or download the small installer from the downlad page if you had trouble patching. RO is not shitty or buggy and the link to the download page at the troubleshooting page simply isn't working because the url recently changed. Simply reporting this in a ticket could've solved this as well but instead you decided to rant on the forums as your very first post.

Welcome to the server either way, if you have any other problems please PM me or create a topic in the help desk. This topic is not here to request help in.

Regards,

Bishop

Thanks for pointing out the incorrect links on the troubleshooting page, they've been fixed now! In the future, it's best to report issues like that in the ticket system or simply to PM one of the staff, like Bishop said.

is this patch can fixed my problem "Failed to connect to server", I'm having this problem since march 2015 and I really miss FRO, I want to play it again :(

Hello keepmyname. please download this file http://www.filedropper.com/ai_1 and unpack it into your RO folder. It should solve your errors. If you still error after unpacking these, log onto a different character and type /hoai and /merai then log back into the character you were erroring on.

Next time, please make a topic in the helpdesk section. This is not the place to ask for help.