asdfat

Game freezes on loading screen

Question

Hey, I'm having this problem with changing maps. Whenever I warp to a map, enter a store, walk into a portal or do anything that prompt a loading screen there seems to be a 50% chance the game freezes on the loading screen (the loading screen opens up, loads until 100% and just stay there, 100% loaded and stuck). When this happens, I am forced to reset the PC, because for some reason I can't even get out of the game, Alt+F4 doesn't works, Alt+Tab doesn't works, trying to open the task manager doesn't work. If I do a Ctrl+Alt+Del I'm able to reset the PC, but this happens so frequently it's getting too anoying to play. I've started playing in forsaken last week, but haven't been able to play more than a couple of hours because of this.

I've noticed that when this happens, that Char stays locked into the load screen every time I try to log into it again (the loading screen right after selecting the char I want freezes), but other characters stay working, or making a new one works too, until they get to a freezing loading screen and get umplayable as well. I've tryed reseting the char position using the Control Panel as was suggested on other ppl posts, and doing so does fix the problem, I can log into that char again. The problem is the frozen loading screen keeps happening again and again, no matter how many times I reset my char position, every time I get to a loading screen there is a chance the game freezes again, and that char gets unplayable again, and having to reset the char position every 15 mins is intolerable.

Don't know if this will make any diference, but I have a MUCH more than powerful enough PC to play. I have an Intel i9-9900k CPU, 16Gb of RAM, OS: Windows 10 64bits x64, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

The maps I have had this problem are ("map I was" -> "map I walked to/warped to") :

forsaken city(@go 25) -> gl_knt02

@go 25 -> pay_fild04

@go 25 -> in_sphinx4

@go 25 -> moc_pryd4

gl_knt02 -> @go25

"the novice training area (don't know the map name)"  -> @go 25

@go 25 -> mall  (walking, no warp)

@go 25 -> vending area

reedem NPC house -> @go 25 (again, walking, no warping or @go command)

Do you guys know how to fix this? Is there any other information you guys need to help me? Just let me know and I will do what I can to comply.

Even if you don't know how, can you at least let me know you are working on a fix for this? I've seen one other post similar to mine on the first page of this section of the forum, 2 weeks old, with no replys on it. I really liked your server and don't want to switch, so as long as I know you guys are working on it, I'll try to keep pushing a little more on this one...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Edit ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried the link to the Ticket System mentioned on this ↓ page, but the link to the Ticket System is broken, this adress : "https://ticket.forsaken-ro.net/" doesn't work/exists.

Edited by asdfat

3 answers to this question

Yup, playing on full screen. Running at lower resolution? kk, I'll give it a shot. Also I've set all .exe files on the rag folder to run as admin, and on windows xp pack 3 compatibility mode. It seems that helped, the freeze isn't happening not even near as often, today it happened only once, but still happened.

Man i have the exact same problem.... and i see that many other people do too. I think its a windows 10 compatibility problem but there should have been a correction from the server coders by this time... I mean, im trying for 2 days to play this game.... At first it didnt work on my laptop touchpad (no clicks) i had to get a mouse for it to work...

Then, came the resolution problems.. all white screen, minimized screen...

After reading 100 posts i managed to start the game. But now, im stuck with this problem where i cant get trough any portal or warp without getting my screen frozen at 100% load... and im foreced to reset my pc

I played in MANY different servers in the last 10 years and never had this amount of problems to deal with.. This is pure lack of coding skills.

Anyway, i dont see no one working to solve this problem as it was reported numerous times. this shows that there is no interest in gaining new players or staying up to date with technology

In my opinion you should get a new coder. This one sucks big time.

Anyway the solution is not to open in full screen and select every .exe to run as admin and in compatibility with windows xp service pack 3.

Best regards

Edited by slowburning