Loki69420

Weird Weapon Interaction

Question

5 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Loki69420 said:

Good PM.

It's weird that I cant equip this item to my offhand. 
Whats the point of having -50crit stat if i cant even use double attack in my right hand with a sword? 
Using Sidewinder card will just make me lose 1 slot equivalent to 25% damage potential loss. 

crit.jpg

Hello there!
To answer your question you need to know a few things, but don't worry I'm here to explain!
That weapon is a sword. Usually when an Assassin Cross uses a sword it can only be equipped in the main hand (Right hand), but if they are daggers they can be equipped in both the main(right) and off(left) hands.

I assume you're using a Dexterity Sword? That would be the reason why the stats give Crit - 50. There are 2 variants of assassin cross swords, Dex version and Critical version.

Double Attack is a passive skill which only applies to daggers.

In this case, the sword isn't affected due to it being a sword.

If you use sidewinder you'd be able to get double attack on the weapon it is compounded in, in this case the sword, which would mean your damage would now have a chance to be doubled.

E.g. if your damage was 24k on non-sidewinder and would be 16k on sidewinders, double attack would make that 16k into 32k which, for me, is a good deal.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 11:50 AM, Euros said:

Hello there!
To answer your question you need to know a few things, but don't worry I'm here to explain!
That weapon is a sword. Usually when an Assassin Cross uses a sword it can only be equipped in the main hand (Right hand), but if they are daggers they can be equipped in both the main(right) and off(left) hands.

I assume you're using a Dexterity Sword? That would be the reason why the stats give Crit - 50. There are 2 variants of assassin cross swords, Dex version and Critical version.

Double Attack is a passive skill which only applies to daggers.

In this case, the sword isn't affected due to it being a sword.

If you use sidewinder you'd be able to get double attack on the weapon it is compounded in, in this case the sword, which would mean your damage would now have a chance to be doubled.

E.g. if your damage was 24k on non-sidewinder and would be 16k on sidewinders, double attack would make that 16k into 32k which, for me, is a good deal.

Hope this helps!

32K indeed a good deal only if double attack proc rate is 100% but its only 50% which would bring you back to 24K. 

Shouldnt it be natural to equip any sword at left hand? I can put edge to my left but not this dex sword.
What i mean is, this is the only sword that I cant equip in my left hand but all other swords i can.

Edited by Loki69420

I believe the main reason for that is to not let a person equip 2 Dexterity swords at the same time due to life steal effect. It would be overpowered if it had a life steal higher than what is meant for 1 sword.