Maschine Studio

Rental Rings

Someone suggested about this long time ago and i myself was thinking that's a good idea.

So i'm suggesting to have Rental Rings: Blessed, Cursed & Guardian rings. Full effect and class specific, not the ND effect similar to the new guild package rental system.

Reason: This is for anyone to easily test any available ring in a live pvp/woe scenario. As we all know, there are lots of rings that are a bit left behind and no one is even bothering to quest and use them as they don't want to risk spending money and time for an item that might not be really worth it. Some of these rings might need a rework or something. If we can rent any ring, say a day or two, just to test how it goes in actual game particularly in pvp and woe, we would have a better input and understanding when it comes to "balancing" discussions, not just random speculations because we actually tried and used several, or probably all the rings available.

Rental fee and duration is up to developers.

full effect and class specific might be hard to give .... if i rmbr right when my guild asked for the guild package - they gave it to players 1 by 1 .... making it class specific might be too long or too hard

in terms of stats or testing damage wise .......... ND should already give u an idea of a build since its basically got the same shit as donate rings (plus u can use it on ALL jobs literally - storage enabled too) - its just donate rings does more damage and got bit more stats for some thats it , but to see or test if its effective or worth it ... you'll get a rough idea already just from a sample nd ring ........ normally nd stats are like what 70% of the actual ring the rest u can just calculate tbh

Edited by gunxsword11

12 hours ago, gunxsword11 said:

full effect and class specific might be hard to give .... if i rmbr right when my guild asked for the guild package - they gave it to players 1 by 1 .... making it class specific might be too long or too hard

I didn't get why it would be too long or hard. My suggestion is not for a guild package, it's for individual renting. Like, "oh i'm a Prof, i want to know which build i would want to pursue. Oh hey there's a ring rental npc, cool. Hmm, lemme try all one by one." You pay the rental fee (toks or etoks, whatever) and then voila!! You got the ring to use and test for a day.

12 hours ago, gunxsword11 said:

in terms of stats or testing damage wise .......... ND should already give u an idea of a build since its basically got the same shit as donate rings (plus u can use it on ALL jobs literally - storage enabled too) - its just donate rings does more damage and got bit more stats for some thats it , but to see or test if its effective or worth it ... you'll get a rough idea already just from a sample nd ring ........ normally nd stats are like what 70% of the actual ring the rest u can just calculate tbh

True, ND rings can provide you the idea of what all class builds can do, but questing them, one by one, would take a lot of time and probably considerable amount of resources just to figure out what build suits you and your play style. Don't get me wrong, i'm not against grinding and working hard. But it is best when we start to grind and work hard, we already have the direction and goal. Not like giving all your effort and time and resources to grind and build a Prof Gring and eventually you find that all your efforts are a bit of waste because that build is just no good.

These proposed rental rings would definitely give you a direction on which path you would take without wasting a lot of time, so much time that is better invested in a "grind with definite goal".

On 5/30/2019 at 3:07 PM, Maschine Studio said:

I didn't get why it would be too long or hard. My suggestion is not for a guild package, it's for individual renting. Like, "oh i'm a Prof, i want to know which build i would want to pursue. Oh hey there's a ring rental npc, cool. Hmm, lemme try all one by one." You pay the rental fee (toks or etoks, whatever) and then voila!! You got the ring to use and test for a day.

If they were to make a SEPARATE NPC just for RENTING QUESTED BLESS/CURSE/GUARDIAN RINGS .... then people would just screw the quest and just RENT RENT RENT every time it expires since like you said its a hassle to SELL rings that gets nerfed who knows when so why spend tokens to buy them, whats the point of questing them when you can just rent them ?  ..... it basically does the same except for not being permanent

This might just kill the quests hahah or possible chance to drop the prices of rings over all since its "rentable" therefore drop demand = drop price for some

Either way i completely misunderstood my first comment here - i thought this was related to the new update for guild package that offers rental ND rings & replace it for rental bless/curse/guardian rings that last for the entire month hahaha my bad

8 hours ago, gunxsword11 said:

If they were to make a SEPARATE NPC just for RENTING QUESTED BLESS/CURSE/GUARDIAN RINGS .... then people would just screw the quest and just RENT RENT RENT every time it expires since like you said its a hassle to SELL rings that gets nerfed who knows when so why spend tokens to buy them, whats the point of questing them when you can just rent them ?  ..... it basically does the same except for not being permanent

This might just kill the quests hahah or possible chance to drop the prices of rings over all since its "rentable" therefore drop demand = drop price for some

Either way i completely misunderstood my first comment here - i thought this was related to the new update for guild package that offers rental ND rings & replace it for rental bless/curse/guardian rings that last for the entire month hahaha my bad

I was actually thinking how it will affect the market. But there are ways to work around that to protect the market value of rings. Like the duration of rent time, rental fee, and limiting the number of rental rings per account or rather, IP. We can work around these parameters to minimize the effect, or we can say negative effect in the market. We can lessen the rent duration, like 4-5 hrs only. Rental fee should be affordable, but high enough so that people would not want to spend that certain amount of tokens every single day just to have a ring. I myself would not do that, only for testing stuff and experimenting builds. And as well as there should be a limit of number of rental items per ip, like only 1 rental ring is allowed at a time per ip, then you have to wait 24hrs to be able to rent again. Those are just suggestions on how to work around with the parameters given.

On 6/23/2019 at 2:55 PM, Maschine Studio said:

I was actually thinking how it will affect the market. But there are ways to work around that to protect the market value of rings. Like the duration of rent time, rental fee, and limiting the number of rental rings per account or rather, IP. We can work around these parameters to minimize the effect, or we can say negative effect in the market. We can lessen the rent duration, like 4-5 hrs only. Rental fee should be affordable, but high enough so that people would not want to spend that certain amount of tokens every single day just to have a ring. I myself would not do that, only for testing stuff and experimenting builds. And as well as there should be a limit of number of rental items per ip, like only 1 rental ring is allowed at a time per ip, then you have to wait 24hrs to be able to rent again. Those are just suggestions on how to work around with the parameters given.

Now that you mention this - another totally different but similar idea comes to mind

Why not just suggest to make a TESTING ROOM where you can enter a room where u can talk to NPCS to give u  items/cards that you can try and test INSIDE THE ROOM ONLY and complete disappears when u step out or go back to town  (like those official ragnarok tournaments RWC cups or so if ur familiar with it)  where people start from nothing then just talks to npc to get the stuff they need or stuff like that to use . It can even offer a DUMMY to test on or PARTNER MODE where u can actually test it on someone

This way we dont need to worry it taking effect on market at the same time everyone can test NOT JUST RINGS but diff builds or new items before spending - prob a pain to make for the admins but definitely something to look forward too