Ableton

An open letter to everyone.

Greetings citizens of fRO,

I'm about to spill all my sentiments here. I'm gonna point out some things that we can ponder about to help our server grow. These may sound nonsense, stupid, or helpful to anyone reading these spiel.

Let's start off with the market. It is so unstable, kinda dead, srlsy. Prices fluctuates so hard. I'm not sure if it's caused by the inflation of tokens, or items. We might as well consider the lack of demand due to shrinking population.

Another thing, WOE. Competition is dying. I'd say, it's being monopolized. Atm, we only got two (2) big guilds active. There are some small guilds trying to get into the scene and kudos to all of you for participating.

Pvp Ladder. Literally feeding zone. You'd notice almost the same people makes it to the ranking. Well these guys are really pro pvp-ers, no doubt, but the thing is mostly they come in with bunch of friends. Newbs don't stand a chance unless you come in with your whole guild. Please give chance to others or discourage teaming up. (The introduction of BG was a very good move. I love that.)

GM hosted events. Players love it when there's an event hosted by a GM. Currently we got GvG, and BR for "big" events and some "small" events like LMS, Warp, Dice, Hide n Seek, Zombie, and a lot more. I think we need more gm hosted "big" events. Like tournaments and stuff.

Advertisement. I think we need to pimp up our main website. I wish I have the knowledge in web development I'd surely volunteer as a developer. Be active in medias like facebook, youtube, and dropping some reviews in rms. I'm sure these small things would create big impact to our server.

That's all for now. Let's all help and contribute for the betterment of our community, of our server.
Thanks.

Edited by Ableton

Hello,

This coming week, there will be an update that should:

1. Revitalize the economy significantly.
2. Increase participation in Battlegrounds.
3. new banners for all the top sites.

Because of this update, there might be an increase in PvP Ladder activity. That is something we will need to revisit. 

On 8/18/2018 at 5:01 PM, Genesis said:

Hello,

This coming week, there will be an update that should:

1. Revitalize the economy significantly.
2. Increase participation in Battlegrounds.
3. new banners for all the top sites.

Because of this update, there might be an increase in PvP Ladder activity. That is something we will need to revisit. 

Cooool. Looking forward to these updates.

Well honestly speaking .... server is filled with old players trying to kill some time and newbies trying to explore .... the only demerit here would be is that i guess newbies having hard time competing in MVP and PvP (thats prob a given since they new so some would really suck) but thats not really a problem .... the problem is some very pro people diss this "newbies" for trying RATHER than encourage or tell them properly "hey u prob need to do more quest first so u can match up"  ... but no most people just say "U SUCK DONT EVER COME BACK U ANNOYING" ... 

Yes newbies are less geared but SOME are really trying and are really good ... they need encouragement from the community NOT that shitty talks ... i know its part of pvp and some newbs are really rude BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN U MUST TREAT "ALL" NEWBIES LIKE THAT ... then i see people complain "no competition so boring"  i mean seriously ? u just diss or crush newbies hopes to get better then u say this ? 

I'm not saying all pro pro players do that but majority does ... its really just common sense if u got something against 1 person then dont take it out on EVERYONE u see that's also new ... if u see someone who needs direction then give hints or warnings before u do sht like "yow u prob need to complete ur stuff first before coming here - people will kill u" (applies for mvp/pvp) ..... at least u gave them a heads up on what they need to work on and what to expect .... which is a LOT better than "oh a newbie DIE .. oh u got complains ? not my fault u suck dont talk to me" ..... 

And maybe a new item quest that will help newbies bridge the gap from semi-geared to full geared since mostly the newbies are use to earning max of 400 toks or so then suddenly need  2k toks or more just to make rings & acce  then 1k for weap & aura for set (mainly for f2p) .... though its prob cause market is shtty atm .... since i always see newbies get discouraged or feel lazy to continue after knowing lol ..... THOUGH yes we who have survived lived with it hahaha but really each person has diff likes and if we want to get as much players as we can ... then they prob need a bit more support (not being bias here but if that means we get more people = longer players = more geared people = better competition ... then yah A BIT would be enough just so they wont let go)

Edited by gunxsword11

I totally agree with you. There's a HUUUUUUGGEEE gap between a newbie and an oldie pro player which I believe is just normal. It's up to new players how they gonna deal with that, "this almost unattainable gap, will it serve as a motivation? something to look forward to? Or I will back out and give up and prove nothing?" 

It's up to them. As for me? As possible as I can, I will try to help any newbie I may encounter along the way.

Hi, If I can add-on to this suggestion. I just start playing fRO for a week. Personally I find it really hard to start, thankfully I have friends (legit good friends) who helped me gear up.

Maybe fRO can make a newbie friendly PVP grounds/WOE that restrict equipment up to Legendary level only so newbie can participate.

20 hours ago, Caramilly said:

Hi, If I can add-on to this suggestion. I just start playing fRO for a week. Personally I find it really hard to start, thankfully I have friends (legit good friends) who helped me gear up.

Maybe fRO can make a newbie friendly PVP grounds/WOE that restrict equipment up to Legendary level only so newbie can participate.

@Genesis what do you think?

22 hours ago, Caramilly said:

pvp room we had it before, literally no one fights and if u die once ppl rarely come back also ppl used to feed crazy. since ur making it seem like newbies cant participate, they can participate but they just die because of the gear difference 

i can definitely see it being practice to become better because it limits both people to same gear, and this wouldn't be a problem if the jump from legendary gears to end game gears wasn't dumb stupid because then everyone could just pvp with similar end game gears. sadly we have to admit that better players will win regardless of legendary gears or not. newbies will still get bullied and even though gears play a huge part any experienced and half decent player will beat someone new even if gears are both legendary so it wouldn't be newbie friendly. the problem is the gap from legendary gears to end game gears being too big lol 

basically the bad thing about this is that all the best pvpers will make legendary characters, still kill the newbies and it'll be the same thing that happens just with legendary gears lol.. if both pvpers have the same gear, skill is the factor that decides who wins and newbies that only farm with no pvp experience will just die. the good thing about this is that its good practice and newbies get to pvp without dying in 1 sec bc of gear difference, and learn or improve over time (maybe they will still get clapped some ppl are slow lol) clearly the problem is newbies not being able to "participate" since they die instantly and thats because gear difference is stupid

end game gear vs newbie = gear wins

+

same gear vs same gear = skill / experience wins usually unless its some broken class

solution = make the gap from legendary to end game / good gears less.. like the jump from a legendary aura to a ltd emp which is pretty much must have

@Ebisu

I agree with brian. Yes, having a legendary-only pvp will help a bit to practice everyones pvp skills since theres no gear difference and improve their skills over time to get them ready to the real league.

I personally believe that all legendary gears are NOT very far behind the end game gears.

Just to remind the newbies out there, there are legendary counter parts for each end game gears such as Dragonist Armors and Cursed/Blessed Accessories (a.k.a New Acce). And as brian said, we can focus on the Ltd Emp Auras since there's no legendary item that can match up to that +33 all stats. We can start from that.

Probly, a new quest aura that has +22 all stats? And can be upgraded (ltd effect) to +28 (or +29 or +30, help me with the  numbers) with another quest?

Edited by Ableton

Hmm, what you guys say are not wrong. And my bad on my wordings about participation.

- - -

My point is, in normal PvP Grounds or WoE, most players are geared, of course as a newbie they'd probably think like "oh damn, they're all veterans/donors. I'm no match for those gears." and then they probably quit.

To increase more traffic for the server, I think Legendary Eq Restricted WoE/Battle Ground is a good idea as it gives them the opportunity to show them their 'Skills' without fancy equips.

On top of that, to increase the participation for the Restricted WoE/Battle Ground, Maybe add some attractive rewards to be redeemed.

If they complain that they still lose/get bullied.. then they probably just suck.

4 minutes ago, Ableton said:

We get your point, @Caramilly. It's just that I think starting from smaller steps would be a good start, than jumping right away to bigger things like WoE and stuff.

Definitely, they can start by doing quests to explore & gear up.

Good feedback here, I totally agree, a new legendary aura should be made, something that might take a while to get but will be worth the effort, I think normal emp stats would be good enough, or maybe a bit less than normal emp (non-ltd). This will be added to our to-do list

I also agree on both point of views about a woe with only L. gears, skill will always make the difference, but maybe theres good players that don't have a lot of time to get geared that can shine in the L.gear woe or something along those lines... This is still a concept, but I like the idea, we could replace baby woe that has no participation with something related to this.

If you have more suggestions on how to help new players, and class balancing in general, please share them on discord or in forums and share the post on discord so we can spot it faster.

Back then, non-donation only have Forsaken Elite set. It didn't have freeze immunity and did not include a headgear, so you are stuck with only 1 slot headgears. Yet there were players that were able to go toe-to-toe with Full donation sets. Right now we have it easier because we have Vote Forsaken King set. No need for a non-donate PvP. Sure, Valkyrie weapons outdamages Legendary weapons, but not to the point that you can't contest.(Except for LK Pike [+50%] vs Ullrs [+200%] WTF?)

The biggest issue I see right now is that there's really nothing to sell for new players except Ygg Berries/Seeds because those who can afford to buy "rare" MVP cards(rich peeps/old players) already have them, and those that need them doesn't have enough token. 

Edited by chalkiekun

On 9/13/2018 at 8:20 PM, Brianology said:

pvp room we had it before, literally no one fights and if u die once ppl rarely come back also ppl used to feed crazy. since ur making it seem like newbies cant participate, they can participate but they just die because of the gear difference 

i can definitely see it being practice to become better because it limits both people to same gear, and this wouldn't be a problem if the jump from legendary gears to end game gears wasn't dumb stupid because then everyone could just pvp with similar end game gears. sadly we have to admit that better players will win regardless of legendary gears or not. newbies will still get bullied and even though gears play a huge part any experienced and half decent player will beat someone new even if gears are both legendary so it wouldn't be newbie friendly. the problem is the gap from legendary gears to end game gears being too big lol 

basically the bad thing about this is that all the best pvpers will make legendary characters, still kill the newbies and it'll be the same thing that happens just with legendary gears lol.. if both pvpers have the same gear, skill is the factor that decides who wins and newbies that only farm with no pvp experience will just die. the good thing about this is that its good practice and newbies get to pvp without dying in 1 sec bc of gear difference, and learn or improve over time (maybe they will still get clapped some ppl are slow lol) clearly the problem is newbies not being able to "participate" since they die instantly and thats because gear difference is stupid

end game gear vs newbie = gear wins

+

same gear vs same gear = skill / experience wins usually unless its some broken class

solution = make the gap from legendary to end game / good gears less.. like the jump from a legendary aura to a ltd emp which is pretty much must have

@Ebisu

Lmfao Brian is the reason why no new players stay hahahhaha!! 

Edited by BigD

On 9/18/2018 at 12:15 PM, Ableton said:

+1

To be honest, our server is so dope. We just lack players. Advertisements will make a big impact.

its will be the same result. A newbie come and when they found out its hard to get geared vs old player geared they will quit. in addition with currently eco, they will find it hard to farm and obtain token. Some middle gear even hard to buy and expensive. they will take a year just to get some middle gear with farm and eventually they will quit.

On 8/18/2018 at 6:05 PM, Ableton said:

Greetings citizens of fRO,

I'm about to spill all my sentiments here. I'm gonna point out some things that we can ponder about to help our server grow. These may sound nonsense, stupid, or helpful to anyone reading these spiel.

Let's start off with the market. It is so unstable, kinda dead, srlsy. Prices fluctuates so hard. I'm not sure if it's caused by the inflation of tokens, or items. We might as well consider the lack of demand due to shrinking population.

Another thing, WOE. Competition is dying. I'd say, it's being monopolized. Atm, we only got two (2) big guilds active. There are some small guilds trying to get into the scene and kudos to all of you for participating.

Pvp Ladder. Literally feeding zone. You'd notice almost the same people makes it to the ranking. Well these guys are really pro pvp-ers, no doubt, but the thing is mostly they come in with bunch of friends. Newbs don't stand a chance unless you come in with your whole guild. Please give chance to others or discourage teaming up. (The introduction of BG was a very good move. I love that.)

GM hosted events. Players love it when there's an event hosted by a GM. Currently we got GvG, and BR for "big" events and some "small" events like LMS, Warp, Dice, Hide n Seek, Zombie, and a lot more. I think we need more gm hosted "big" events. Like tournaments and stuff.

Advertisement. I think we need to pimp up our main website. I wish I have the knowledge in web development I'd surely volunteer as a developer. Be active in medias like facebook, youtube, and dropping some reviews in rms. I'm sure these small things would create big impact to our server.

That's all for now. Let's all help and contribute for the betterment of our community, of our server.
Thanks.

agree, GM should more focus on thinking about the newcomer to to survived instead of making a new OP update that will make only the geared and rich ppl more stronger and the weaker,poor ppl & farm hard will quit with currently eco.

On 10/1/2018 at 12:03 PM, slacterinc said:

agree, GM should more focus on thinking about the newcomer to to survived instead of making a new OP update that will make only the geared and rich ppl more stronger and the weaker,poor ppl & farm hard will quit with currently eco.

Why would rich people will adjust to the poor lmao. That is another way to support the server you toad.