Fenrir

Regulate TK Ranking Points

Hi, have you seen the TK Ranking points lately? It's over 999999999999!!!!!

Just kidding, the lowest is now at 530+ or something.

You know how hard it is to get 1 point? Here it is:

1. Spam Taekwon Mission to get the desired mob (may take up to 5+ minutes of failed spamming and broken keyboard) cause you don't want to hunt for ghostring right?

2. Kill 100 of that mob. (Must be the correct mob, not the custom/event one)

3. Earn 1 point. 529 more to go!

In one hour of intense ranking, one may earn around 5 to 10 precious points. So, considering a 4 hour playing time per day, it'll take more than a month for a newbie ranker to achieve that top 10 status.

And that 530+ will keep on increasing and increasing as the time goes by. Imagine the horror!

Anyway, so my suggestion is to put a monthly or weekly decrease of all TK mission points by a certain percentage (5% or etc). So to regulate the inflation of TK ranker points and get the inactive ones out of the top 10.

Another suggestion is to decrease the current point of ALL TKs by 200 points or so to start anew. (Optional) Cause nobody's got time for 30 days in a fast paced server.

(Ranker benefits : x3 HP & Unli-kick Combo)

P.S. I'm actually in the current top 10 TK rankers. I'm writing this for the benefit of the new ones.

~ 'Los Nachos Burrito'

I don't agree with this. Its unfair for those that have spent years and so much effort to reach their current ranking in top 10. Even if they are no longer active, their ranking should not be decrease like that. Those newbies should just complete the taekwon mission at regular interval untill they manage to reach top 10 ranking and replace those inactive players from their rank. There is no shortcut to reach top 10 because the reward for it is tremendous for the taekwon.

Active taekwon mains would disagree to this. Though this is a good idea, we need to consider those rankers who spent "years" yes years to maintain their top 10 position. As for those inactive on the taekwon ranks, they will naturally be pushed down by new rankers.

Think about this:

I myself is an active ranker. I always try to maintain my status within top 5 (which is currently at 550 points). So, when new TKs or past rankers goes back to ranking, there's a chance that I'll get pulled down to top 10 or below. So, i'll have to rank again to reach within top 5 status (which may now be at 600 or so). This will go on and on and on until ranking points becomes so high(1,000+ or so) that newbies will, instead of current 1 month, take so much longer time to rank. This will also be harder to what you say as just push down current inactive rankers because that high a point just takes too much effort for others.

P.S. I am not a newbie who's babbling about how hard it is to rank because i'm a current top ranker myself. I have just come to realize how hard and how much harder it'll be for the future TKs.

P.P.S. Other servers I played do a periodical percentage decrease in points of ALL TKs, not just the rankers. Being a TK ranker is a continuous effort. One cannot be king forever.

Edited by Fenrir

I agree with your idea, even in iRO it works like that if I'm not mistaken. Every month TK points are reduced by 10%, or something along those lines.

11 hours ago, Specter said:

I agree with your idea, even in iRO it works like that if I'm not mistaken. Every month TK points are reduced by 10%, or something along those lines.

+1 if it will reduce by a percentage every month

• Like 1