jloh

New donation token valued at US$1 = 1

Objective: Improve the trade efficiency of buyers and donors alike

Problem statement: Currently if one wants to either buy a fresh donation item or sell a donation item from/to another player, the buyer needs to make a request to the seller, who then needs to donate, wait for the item, and only then make the transaction. Not only is this time consuming, it is also problematic for both sides:

• On the buyer's side, you're not certain if the seller has made the order, yet you need to wait for a significant period of time for a purchase that may not happen.
  • On the seller's side, you're not certain if the buyer is making a genuine order, and if done in bad faith, you may be stuck with an item that no one needs.
  • Furthermore, even if both sides approach the transaction in good faith, coordinating the trade may be difficult: people live in different time-zones, and are active in different accounts.

These issues make the trade of fresh donation items relatively inefficient, and likely reduces token shop purchases overall. Players planning to donate to raise tokens may decide otherwise given the hassle. Buyers also suffer from a lower influx of donation items into the server economy. Overall, bad for the server, and bad for players.

Solution: A new donation token that is pegged at US$1. The tokens can be used to make token shop purchases of an equivalent value. These tokens will never be discounted, even via special occasion coupons - but on special occasions a lower amount can be traded for the donation item (or, alternatively, purchases via these tokens do not qualify for special occasion coupons, but can be bought more cheaply during special occasions - implementation depends on whether you want to favor the buyer or seller with the discount). The system can be similar to what's currently being done for the Unibank BDO deposits - perhaps with an ingame NPC to collect the donation tokens for processing?

Team: Genesis I guess?

Results: Overall this would entirely remove buyer/seller transaction risk. I would expect more donation items to flow into the server. I don't think that would break the non-donation economy or unbalance the server towards donators - if anything non-donators will have greater access to donation items. Greater sales on the token shop would also likely result in better servers, etc. I suppose the biggest difficulty is in implementation - I have no idea how hard this would be to code/operate. 

As a donator, I understand the frustration but thinking as the owner its a issue and problem. Its just the risk in being a donator. That is why I pick and choose my customers.

Even if i loose some tokens here and there for 100% sales. Its the choice you have to choose. And now since the new vouchers are implemented should be that much of a hassle.

• Like 1