podian

Monthly Guide Contest

how about instead of screenshot contests (not that I have anything against them, lol)

you guys hold a contest for "the best guide written" next month? make 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes so people are more motivated hue hue.

that way you might actually get a bunch of new player guides that might help to oh, idk, help retain new players? :D
or maybe guides for other awesome stuff too like raids. might get people thinking about the game a bit more, and the more into it players are, the more likely they are to pay for premium items like capes or accessories!

might even get people exploring parts of the game that are new to them, i shouldn't have to keep listing ze benefits :D
and, oh, IDK, maybe remove or amend the update that talks about daily dragonist quests? When I started FRO I was looking for the "daily quest npc" for like five days straight before someone told me that it was removed "a long time ago and the GM's never bothered to [amend] the forum info"

The problem with this is that there will be a ton of guides that will be written and there might be some in there that has wrong information(check some "breaking" guides in the forums). 

I like the idea, It will help a lot in updating guides and new guides could be implemented.

3 hours ago, Rayray said:

The problem with this is that there will be a ton of guides that will be written and there might be some in there that has wrong information(check some "breaking" guides in the forums). 

They should be reviewed to prevent things like these from happening, The guides are usually debated in the forums, to see if they are correct or to implement things.

The only problem I find in this is the number of guides (It could be repeated some) This would only be the case for the strategy guides,  For example: Everyone have their way to play strategies, tricks, experience etc... Then there is no definitive guide for this. (We will have to see how we can make this work)

But for quest and raid guides, it would be very good, i give my +1 too :D

With 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes I'm sure the GM's/judges will be more than happy to decide which ones make the cut. Good guides get stickied or whatever, bad guides tend to fade away in the pages of an aktiv forum, like natural selection, an ecosystem!