podian

Dragonist Raid Guide (Lost Forest of Oberon)

Was not sure whether to post here or at https://forsaken-ro.net/forum/wiki/guide/
forum organization is spaghetti =[

==================

Requirements to start [any] Dragonist Raid:

1) Forsaken Knight
2) Be a Party Leader
3) @warp fcity 155 116 , go inside, talk to the NPC in the northwest quadrant (current location as of this posting)
4) Talk to the NPC -- max one party (in the server) can be in any one raid at any one time.

Objective: Clear all monsters on the map, new monsters will respawn across the whole map, rinse and repeat.  Sounds boring? Not if you make it fun!

With that in mind, the best way to do it in the time limit (that is, clear the entire map several times) is to make sure that

A) bring the DEEPZ!!!1 (dps)
B) you don't miss any enemies, so your party should move in a formation
C) move fast; always have a Lucio in the group

For the first point, a common way in RO to maximize DEEPZ is by hitting the right element. I have assembled here a starter spreadsheet that shows the stats for enemies encountered in the first four waves (there are more than four). Refer to Appendix D (for DEE--ok I'll stop.)

APPENDIX_D.png.dfa3dbe33387a3b893f1de374196067d.png

For the second point, I have attached a map that shows a simple starting position and formation as you move out.

Starting point is near the bottom right -- where fuschia meets red.

59da1a64c5431_GoomyYatoGoomy.png.b75e0c7ff153d40d8f1bf6d4f8a0fb07.png

Here is an in-game example of how you would proceed to move out in an efficient manner, showing the red and blue paths:

LUL_Oberon.thumb.jpg.4b138c2a2fa3a2caa49ca1a31b6f52dd.jpg

Obviously I CBA'd to hit f12 or shrink the chat. From this screenshot you can garner the following:

1) The map used is spl_fild01
2) precision will increase efficiency, i.e. you can see your path follow the edge of the dirt for the red route; there are many "landmarks" along the entire scout path to make sure that every cell is viewed; likewise the blue path has specific nuances too -- turn north before you leave the water @ the arrow
3) I like to use /where and @warp a lot. You should too. Too bad commands are disabled in raids.
4) I am poor, RIP

Another bit of info that I'm happy to share is that your vision / draw distance is a square (skill ranges are more circular - you can't always hit people at max diagonal range) exactly 14 cells orthogonal from your centered character, aka a 29 x 29 square.

If you're smarter than I am, you'll try to sweep in a diagonal with your party mates to cover the most screen time (up to √2 of normal speed!!!1)

Once you can sweep the whole map once in under 5 minutes, you'll know you have a good chance at finishing the raid within the time limit of 30 minutes.  Otherwise I recommend you all just leave -- you either get the full reward or nothing at all. Lul.

oh and of course... Reward for Completion:
- Some fame for every character (less than every other raid)
- A pittance of dragon tokens (4) despite being one of the hardest raids to 2-3 man LOL
- Bragging rights
- Now U can do it again! and again! and again!

Special Thanks to:

Lan (the Clever, founder of House Lannister)
Yatogoomi (GOOMY!!)

Best,

Dakka

P.S. Protip don't do this raid in its current state except as a joke or for the lulz -- if your group is competent and organized enough to beat this raid with 4 or fewer people (the profit point) then other raids are trivial in comparison and far more rewarding -- two or three people frequently beat Charleston and Blackwitch yet I'd bet they'd fail at this one, or spam so many c-speeds it's not even profitable LUL. IDK how it passed Q&A, the only reasons that make sense are far more insidious and frightening than simple ineptitude. Pro-link to muh suggestion thread: https://forsaken-ro.net/forum/topic/34792-rebalance-dragonist-raids/

P.P.S. Lul Please don't punish/warn/censure/ban me, I stuck my neck out at no chance of personal gain, to give something objective and possibly even helpful to new players ;). If the "developers" (Veracity?Kappa) don't like this and might want to improve/modernize/make funner/re-evaluate the raids or something, I'm available for level design consulting pro bono (and only pro bono) as long as I play fRO. <an actual game dev>