Jackontheblock

Dragonist Armor: For some it's easy to get. Majority - Impossible

Good Day,

"This is just a suggestion, always subject for review but all of your inputs my fellow players will be much appreciated"

Suggestion: Change the requirements to make the Dragonist Armor, Specifically, change the "PVP TOKEN" to something else and i think it will be much better if that item will be available in forsaken store as a donation item just like the donation cape/jacket as part of the quest to do the blessed/cursed/guardian rings,etc. 

Fact: Yes it is Fun doing PVP, and i tried to anticipate all the possible rebuttals of this suggestion such as "If you cant win on pvp, then try to build a party and GANG", "Practice and be a PRO so next time maybe you can win". and a lot more, but what concerns me is, how about those players that doesn't have all the time in the world to play. The current PVP system works on a ladder mode and open for a whole week before it declares the top players and wins the PVP tokens. Point is, some players are actually have jobs, so even on their free time and on their rest days they do pvp for like 24 hrs, still they're chance is too low to be on top of the ladder since their time of playing will be limited when they have to go to work. 

Another thing that this suggestion might heal or lessen is the monopoly on the server, i'm sure you guys will agree that there is "Feeding" on this current PVP Ladder system that we have right?  I'm sure GM's are doing everything that they can to prevent this but of course they have they're own life to live as well and there are lots of ways to feed nowadays that is basically not that obvious, (You know who you are).  For me, By doing this, other players will have a much better chance to get the Dragonist Armor and will have a fair chance to win against other player in other events like woe/gvg/br even this PVP. 

Imagine a whole guild monopolizing the pvp ladder, imagine a whole guild that consist of 30 - 40 players all having full gears and all wearing Dragonist Armor. i think they have a bigger chance to win on every event like WOE/GVG/BR compare to other guild then what's gonna happen next is there might me no more competition, other's might just quit or just choose to play other events rather than participating on those major events, and the sad part is, these active players are usually get bullied thru the broadcast system since they just choose to not fight anymore.

On donation part, yes maybe other people's resolution is to donate pure tokens then just buy Dragonist armors ingame, im not against on this idea but the fun of doing the quest , knowing the story line and the essence of the game itself will be remove so i thinks it is just fair if we change the requirements in doing the DA. You guys know yourselves as a Pro, and i know DA is not that big deal for those players that are really good in pvp but for others, this will give a little chance to possibly gives a better competition. By the way, im not saying to make the DA easy to get ingame, I just want it to me more fair to all players. Thank you and more power Fro!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jackontheblock said:

Another thing that this suggestion might heal or lessen is the monopoly on the server

6 hours ago, Jackontheblock said:

what's gonna happen next is there might me no more competition

Yes, you're on point here. I've also pointed out these things before. The lack of competition is killing the server but for me, it's no one's fault. Not the server, not the community, it's just a natural tendency.

And regarding the DA. I think this is intended to serve as an "elite" only thing, given the very hard requirements to obtain that. (perhaps im wrong). But that's how i see it.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:25 AM, Ableton said:

Yes, you're on point here. I've also pointed out these things before. The lack of competition is killing the server but for me, it's no one's fault. Not the server, not the community, it's just a natural tendency.

And regarding the DA. I think this is intended to serve as an "elite" only thing, given the very hard requirements to obtain that. (perhaps im wrong). But that's how i see it.

Thank you for your input. i dont know why when the topic is "monopoly" on the server, people normally just remain silent.  and yes Regarding the DA it should be very hard to do , hard but it should be not impossible. i still think that changing the PVP token requirement to create the DA will give a fair chance to other players. i hope GM's will review this. thank you.

• Like 1

I agree.  Just add another option(aside from PVP tokens) to make the armor.  So players can choose whether to use pvp tokens or another item(can be a quest item or something).

10 hours ago, Ebisu said:

maybe a nice way to go around it would be lowering the PvP tokens requirement of this armors?

If we gonna lower the pvp token requirement, we should replace the deducted tokens of something equivalent that is/are achievable/doable by not-so-rich players. And you are right, we should be carefull because it would be unfair to those who already has DA's.

On 25/8/2017 at 10:54 PM, Jackontheblock said:

Good Day,

"This is just a suggestion, always subject for review but all of your inputs my fellow players will be much appreciated"

Suggestion: Change the requirements to make the Dragonist Armor, Specifically, change the "PVP TOKEN" to something else and i think it will be much better if that item will be available in forsaken store as a donation item just like the donation cape/jacket as part of the quest to do the blessed/cursed/guardian rings,etc. 

Fact: Yes it is Fun doing PVP, and i tried to anticipate all the possible rebuttals of this suggestion such as "If you cant win on pvp, then try to build a party and GANG", "Practice and be a PRO so next time maybe you can win". and a lot more, but what concerns me is, how about those players that doesn't have all the time in the world to play. The current PVP system works on a ladder mode and open for a whole week before it declares the top players and wins the PVP tokens. Point is, some players are actually have jobs, so even on their free time and on their rest days they do pvp for like 24 hrs, still they're chance is too low to be on top of the ladder since their time of playing will be limited when they have to go to work. 

Another thing that this suggestion might heal or lessen is the monopoly on the server, i'm sure you guys will agree that there is "Feeding" on this current PVP Ladder system that we have right?  I'm sure GM's are doing everything that they can to prevent this but of course they have they're own life to live as well and there are lots of ways to feed nowadays that is basically not that obvious, (You know who you are).  For me, By doing this, other players will have a much better chance to get the Dragonist Armor and will have a fair chance to win against other player in other events like woe/gvg/br even this PVP. 

Imagine a whole guild monopolizing the pvp ladder, imagine a whole guild that consist of 30 - 40 players all having full gears and all wearing Dragonist Armor. i think they have a bigger chance to win on every event like WOE/GVG/BR compare to other guild then what's gonna happen next is there might me no more competition, other's might just quit or just choose to play other events rather than participating on those major events, and the sad part is, these active players are usually get bullied thru the broadcast system since they just choose to not fight anymore.

On donation part, yes maybe other people's resolution is to donate pure tokens then just buy Dragonist armors ingame, im not against on this idea but the fun of doing the quest , knowing the story line and the essence of the game itself will be remove so i thinks it is just fair if we change the requirements in doing the DA. You guys know yourselves as a Pro, and i know DA is not that big deal for those players that are really good in pvp but for others, this will give a little chance to possibly gives a better competition. By the way, im not saying to make the DA easy to get ingame, I just want it to me more fair to all players. Thank you and more power Fro!

+1 to this

I'm not against the main idea of this suggestion, but ultimatively this enabled the PvP Ladder to be of importance again after having several years of playing a very low role on our server. If we are going to add another way of obtaining the Dragonist Armor to it's current requirements, it'll result in a lack of interest into PvP Ladder again. For now, I'd say reducing the needed amount would be a good start in aiding more players to obtain the Dragonist Armor.

My thoughts:

1. GM Dream is right, tis one of the ways that brings excitement to ladder.

2. But, pvp room is being camped by... oooopps.... Goodbye to your DA hopes and dreams newbies.

3. Reducing the amount of pvp token would be unfair to those who obtained DA's before. (There's probably a way to compensate those)

23 hours ago, Dream said:

I'm not against the main idea of this suggestion, but ultimatively this enabled the PvP Ladder to be of importance again after having several years of playing a very low role on our server. If we are going to add another way of obtaining the Dragonist Armor to it's current requirements, it'll result in a lack of interest into PvP Ladder again. For now, I'd say reducing the needed amount would be a good start in aiding more players to obtain the Dragonist Armor.

Thanks for the response GM Dream, i get your point but Talking about pvp ladder is a completely different topic but it is related in creating DA. Maybe make pvp ladder somehow like an Event that will turn off on a certain time, like maybe 5 hrs a day? I dont know but thats what im thinking for this to be more fair for players who have jobs irl.  If you guys are going to review the past results of pvp ladder, you'll see just the same people on top, yes they are good pvpers but we cant set aside the fact that they are also the ones that have all the time in the world to play. Also, some people actually choose to play pvp on field vs. playing in pvp ladder. I think its just fair enough to probably lessen the required pvp tokens to create DA and probably change it to something (donation item or something thats quite hard to get ingame) thank you and more power.

• Like 1

I think potentially a good way to maintain pvp importance while helping with the dragonist armor quest is to have greater pvp token inflation by increasing the number of winners.

Currently 15 tokens are distributed at 10/4/1; a small increase to 20 and a greater distribution spread - perhaps something like 6/4/2/2/1*6 for the top 10 would probably have a large effect

I would argue it would also increase PVP participation, as it's less of a winner-takes-all mechanic.

6 hours ago, jloh said:

greater pvp token inflation by increasing the number of winners.

+1 to this.

We can have top 5 instead of 3. This might help increase ladder participation. Regarding the prize distribution, as he mentioned, we can increase to 20 pvp tokens and it could be like 8/6/3/2/1 for the top 5.

This seems like a really good idea. However, PvP Ladder Tokens must remain an option. I am fine with giving players an alternative, as not everyone can place top 3. 

@Ebisu

Perhaps a quest item?