donrio

CRIT/CRIT RATE

IIRC

The STAT above that says CRITICAL which is your CRIT RATE which is your chance of doing a critical attack. The primary stat for this is your LUK. Not sure what is the precise number but 3 to 4 points of it would add 1 CRIT. There are also cards and items to increase your CRIT/CRIT RATE (i.e. Ifrit card, Mobster card, etc.)

CRIT DAMAGE just means your damage that is a critical attack (The number showing when you attack but in a red spiky bubble). Example of cards to increase CRIT DAMAGE would be The Paper card and Mobster card

Note that having 100 CRIT does not mean you will proc CRIT 100% of the time. You must take into account the amount of LUK your target has. Coz there is a thing called CRIT SHIELD that lowers your CRIT chance based on your targets LUK. You can just research on that further

Since ur luk stat were 100+38,

can up it by 120+38/112+38(as long total of 150 luk). And then survey those cards that add crit %. 

ps: if the target have higher luk than urs, the critical of urs won't proc often. Coz thrs a thingy called *critical shield* :3 enjoy~

Hello

6 hours ago, qperteplex said:

IIRC

The STAT above that says CRITICAL which is your CRIT RATE which is your chance of doing a critical attack. The primary stat for this is your LUK. Not sure what is the precise number but 3 to 4 points of it would add 1 CRIT. There are also cards and items to increase your CRIT/CRIT RATE (i.e. Ifrit card, Mobster card, etc.)

CRIT DAMAGE just means your damage that is a critical attack (The number showing when you attack but in a red spiky bubble). Example of cards to increase CRIT DAMAGE would be The Paper card and Mobster card

Note that having 100 CRIT does not mean you will proc CRIT 100% of the time. You must take into account the amount of LUK your target has. Coz there is a thing called CRIT SHIELD that lowers your CRIT chance based on your targets LUK. You can just research on that further

@qperteplex has the idea but some things should be clarified

He is correct about the critical rate (the number you see on the stats window). that stat just shows your chance to do a critical hit (an attack that causes about 40% more damage than normal)

In your picture, you should have 54% chances to do a critical hit each time you attack someone

according to some sources, the stat that the windows shows is not the real percentage and its due to how game calculates such stats

the formula to show stat in window is:  (LUK / 3 ) + bonus = stat %

Easy Example: (30 LUK / 3) + 10 bonus = 10 + 10 bonus = 20 critical % stat

the formula for REAL Critical Rate is (LUK * 0.3) + bonus = real%

example with same stats: (30 LUK * 0.3) + 10 bonus = 9 + 10 bonus = 19 real critical rate

for this reasons, most guides recomend to get 100+ on crit [stat], making the REAL crit 100%

Lastly... the critical shield that he and niemono89 talk about is the perfect dodge that every enemy has (the chance to completly evade any attack)

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

Lastly... the critical shield that he and niemono89 talk about is the perfect dodge that every enemy has (the chance to completly evade any attack)

I have to correct you in this one.  What they are saying is not perfect dodge.  Perfect dodge is a chance to evade a physical attack. 

Critical shield is more like the character's resistance to critical.  If I remember correctly, the formula for it is luk/5 (PD is calculated as luk/10 so that is a big difference already).

If you have a total of 100 crit rate and the enemy have a total of 20 Crit shield, your effective chance to crit becomes 80.  Meaning you will have 20% chance of you not triggering your crit(when it should have since you have 100) and just seeing yourself hitting with a normal hit.

29 minutes ago, Rayray said:

I have to correct you in this one.  What they are saying is not perfect dodge.  Perfect dodge is a chance to evade a physical attack. 

Critical shield is more like the character's resistance to critical.  If I remember correctly, the formula for it is luk/5 (PD is calculated as luk/10 so that is a big difference already).

If you have a total of 100 crit rate and the enemy have a total of 20 Crit shield, your effective chance to crit becomes 80.  Meaning you will have 20% chance of you not triggering your crit(when it should have since you have 100) and just seeing yourself hitting with a normal hit.

interesting, thanks for correction on this one :)

This is the reason why if you put two crit sinx in a duel and they each have exactly 100 crit rate, their crits won't be as consistent compared to them hitting a non luk based character.

@donrio probablt just a mistranslation from our client (we cant modify that

about getting 100 crit, its easy if you use cards that increase critical rate http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&item_id=&iname=&itype=6&iclass=-1&islot_sign=-1&islot=-1&ij[+]=-1&iju=-1&idesc=&iscript=&i_ele=-1&i_status=-1&i_race=-1&i_bonus=17&icfix=&sort_r=0&sort_o=0&isearch=Search or custom equips (legwendary armors increase crit and other stats, sinx bless rings increase crit a lot, etc.

6 hours ago, donrio said:

But when i hover my mouse in that stat area, it says critical attack not critical rate. and when i put many luk i dont have 100 crit

Again, CRITCAL = CRITICAL ATTACK is the same which is the chance to PROC CRIT. CRITICAL DAMAGE is your actual CRITICAL DAMAGE OUTPUT.

As implied above per point of LUK adds 0.3 of Crit (which I believe is either base and bonus). On your stat window you have a total of 170 LUK now multiply that by 0.3 and it will result to 51 which is your crit JUST FROM THE STAT. I will assume the other 16 CRIT is from your BUFF or GEAR since I dont see them in your screenshot. You will get 90 CRIT from 300 BASE LUK which I will say is VERY STUPID TO DO. If you got an Ifrit card it will add +25 CRIT ONLY if your job level is 250 and I cant tell if you are wearing FKING set which can add bit more stat than FKNIGHT. I also think you are playing a sniper FAS build based on your build. So by your buffs you can achieve 100+ CRIT. Just dont get debuffed

Dont expect to crit alot against crit/luk based builds like crit sinx or another FAS sniper due to the crit shield mentioned

EDIT:

I highly recommend you get a pair of freyr gaunt which is a donate items you can put 1 ifrit card in it and maybe a dex rune in the other or another ifrit if you want to add more to other stat rather than crit. For a cheaper buiId, I made a sniper that uses a ship hat, f.knight set, 1 dex gaunt and 1 cursed hand[ifrit] mainly for PVM. I was able to achieve 100+ crit just from those items

Edited by qperteplex
EDIT

those stats were good and just stay as it is :3

now u just ned a few good crit cards such as ifrit, chung e(green maiden), *vanberk(important coz would proc 100% crit for 5s)

@donrio

Let me guess ur job n build :3

Sniper, falcon build(known as blitz build) . As seen from ur job status, it 100% wouldn't be sinx :3

Is it? :3

Edited by niemono89