#MEG

Server Population Increase Goal

OBJECTIVE

I'm looking up for a way to give us the chance to make the population of the server increase.

Actually I have two suggestions so I will be separating it in two parts.

IDEA

I am simply observing the server day by day.

Upon observation i can say that there is only a little difference on it's population based in every single day of a week.

FRIDAY - Normally this is the schedule that the population increases a bit , players who have jobs in real life from Monday - Friday normally kicks in on this day.

SATURDAY & SUNDAY - Here we can see the max population of the server. For the players who works from Monday - Friday , this is their scheduled off for the week. And eventually we have the floating rates from Saturday - Sunday I think and its an additional factor why they kick in because of the bonus rates of getting a card they need

MONDAY - Its goodbye time again, players goes off in-game and get busy with their lives, the population will now decrease.

TUESDAY to THURSDAY - Low Population , we only see players who loves to chat & a few number of farmers , some kicks in for PVP and WOE.

Upon calculating  the real number of players, here is the result:

400 - 600 PLAYERS

So I made the calculation from the minimum number of players.

=

From the 400 we have 50 % Vendors ( Auto-trading Players ) out of it.

=

200 Left in-game players ( But the computation will not end with that )

From the 200 we have another 50 % Non-active from Tuesday to Friday.

=

100 Left expected active players ( But the computation will not end with that again )

In this 100 , it doesn't mean that it is 1 is to 1 player.

Of course we do have ALTS , including me I got 3-5 depends on the mood , and I have a GUILD of ALTS too. :D

So to end up the computation, lets take another 50 % from the 100 Left expected player and will sum up that there is only a percentage of 50 players playing in-game.

OMG I think I can almost name them all. :/

SO HERE IS MY IDEA

PART A ( Activity Tokens )

Its just like the MVP Card Floating Rates or PVP Happy Hour.

I don't know how to call my idea but I recommend a day or twice a week that maybe we can have a x2 - x4 Activity Tokens per hour to earn.

I highly recommend Tuesday and Thursday if its twice a week.

Schedule it 8am to 5pm PH time.

And Wednesday 8am to 5pm PH time if you decide to implement it once a week only.

I suggest this idea because it will serve as a reminder to the Non-active players of Tuesday to Thursday that they can make their accounts LOGGED and go afk for work for the bonus activity tokens..

It doesn't matter if they are afk or not as long as it gives an increase to the number of server population.

PART B ( Referral Tokens )

I'm thinking of how to implement this idea of referring and getting a reward while abuse of making dummy accounts should be prevented and finally I figured it out.

All we need here is an NPC to exchange referral tokens for some rewards , just like event tokens that can be exchanged for customized equips.

Maximum 3 Referrals for each account.

Referral Tokens should not be tradable. 

Reward Equipment should not be tradable.

Now after referring the game to three people you know , you cant exceed anymore , it will be their turn to refer.

We will do this like a pyramid.

So 3 referral for your entire RO life only.

And for the example of referral reward:

Reward Referral Tokens that you can get per refer should be 200 maybe.

Reward Items Price should range up to 500 to 600 only.

0-200 Price Range for low stat EQ's

200-400 Price Range for normal stat EQ's

400-600 Price Range for high stat EQ's

Why 3 referral only? The purpose is to balance the reward that you can take .

For example:

3 referrals = 600 Referral Token = 3 Kinds of Low Stat EQ Reward / 2 Kinds of Normal Stat EQ Reward / 1 Kind of High Stat EQ Reward , its your choice. 

Why "Referral Tokens" and not just the normal tokens?

Normal tokens are tradable.

Because scumbags can do fake referring and use the system to earn profit , they will just simply make different emails / accounts and refer then trade the tokens to their main.

That's why we need to apply the 3 Referral only system too.

Mechanics of referral:

This will go upon your account registration.

A section should be added where you can put the username of the person who referred the game to you.

And automatically the person who referred the game will receive the reward in-game or claim via npc just like the voting system.

This idea will bring up players to invite more players because of their eagerness to get a reward.

I hope my ideas can do a big part in making the server population increase.

This would be all. :D

TEAM

@Genesis @Artemis @Moon @Danger

RESULT

Please give it a try until we succeed. I don't go after rewards in all my suggestions , i am a player who wants to contribute and volunteer to serve. Helping the server is my aim and seeing the server getting better and better is my goal. Thank you.

Edited by #MEG
  • Like 1

If my understanding is right, i can say there's a loophole. I would just create 3 dummy accounts, put my main as the referrer, then i'll get the rewards and forget about the 3 dummies. Or am i missing something here?

And with regards to the small population, one of the factors here is the lack of competition. Well this isn't the server's fault and Im not saying it's completely lacking of it, but there's so little of it. Why? Because most of the players on the top are monopolozing the higher level gears/item, and mostly they know each other and/or at tje same guild. There's no wide rivalry and that make things a little boring.

Like you, i want to help this server grow. So let's all build ways to make that happen.

1 hour ago, Ableton said:

If my understanding is right, i can say there's a loophole. I would just create 3 dummy accounts, put my main as the referrer, then i'll get the rewards and forget about the 3 dummies. Or am i missing something here?

And with regards to the small population, one of the factors here is the lack of competition. Well this isn't the server's fault and Im not saying it's completely lacking of it, but there's so little of it. Why? Because most of the players on the top are monopolozing the higher level gears/item, and mostly they know each other and/or at tje same guild. There's no wide rivalry and that make things a little boring.

Like you, i want to help this server grow. So let's all build ways to make that happen.

Yes , you can make dummies but you cant ABUSE it , since you can just refer 3 times. Upon registration , it will auto-reject your fourth referral. So 1 account = 3 referral only. If you have many accounts why not. As long as you get a reward only once per account that's fine. And oh I forgot to mention , reward eq will be untradeable. So there is no use of making another account if your planning to transfer the reward to another.

These newly invited players doesn't know about it and its their choice which side to join, its their choice to be monopolized or to monopolize too someday. Just like these top players, its their choice to team up. And its not a big deal for me, monopolizing is normal if you plan to be the strongest. That's why we need new players, if these players are lucky enough to make a new team to beat the top players , then let it be. The point about the referral is to refer and refer to make the server grow. I don't point out the competition and monopolization here. Its not really related. How can you say that its a factor and how would a newly referred player get an idea about it? Lets refer more and leave the competition to the up-coming players and to the old ones.

It's nice to help our server improve but, i don't agree on this 2x Activity rewards.

Also at this referrer/referral thing like what albreton said, It can be abused somehow.

But still thank you for supporting our server. I salute you for that.

Let's see what other gm thinks.

Edited by Penthesiliea

I don't know if I am correct but, as far as I know [GM]Genesis and [GM]Veracity has this tracker of something that to put it simply based in my understanding, it can track the user of an account (and more than 1 account;2,3,4...) as long as the user log-in the game from the same connection or a same computer. Now you must know that I am talking about the same user of those accounts. Basically, my point is perhaps the loophole of #MEG's second idea may be 50% fixed. However, if the tracker has it's other high-tech options that [GM]Genesis & [GM]Veracity know, they can use the tracker to other users of the same accounts no matter what account they have, only then this loophole has a probability of 99.9% be closed. Therefore, the referrer cannot ever use their side kick accounts to give benefits to his/her main account.

JUST A REMINDER: DO NOT SAY SUCH A HIGHLY DEVELOPED TECHNOLOGY LIKE THIS IS NOT EXIST. THIS IS 2017. C'MON USE UR BRAIN.

In any way, these sentences are not an idea but just simply sentences. My brother was the one who told me about this tracker of something that only [GM]Genesis and probably [GM]Veracity..have it too. He was a veteran in FRO since 2007, yes since this server CAME OUT. I joined my brother since 2009 although he quit in 2010/2011.

P/S:Kousty.

Edited by faksimili99
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, faksimili99 said:

I don't know if I am correct but, as far as I know [GM]Genesis and [GM]Veracity has this tracker of something that to put it simply based in my understanding, it can track the user of an account (and more than 1 account;2,3,4...) as long as the user log-in the game from the same connection or a same computer. Now you must know that I am talking about the same user of those accounts. Basically, my point is perhaps the loophole of #MEG's second idea may be 50% fixed. However, if the tracker has it's other high-tech options that [GM]Genesis & [GM]Veracity know, they can use the tracker to other users of the same accounts no matter what account they have, only then this loophole has a probability of 99.9% be closed. Therefore, the referrer cannot ever use their side kick accounts to give benefits to his/her main account.

JUST A REMINDER: DO NOT SAY SUCH A HIGHLY DEVELOPED TECHNOLOGY LIKE THIS IS NOT EXIST. THIS IS 2017. C'MON USE UR BRAIN.

In any way, these sentences are not an idea but just simply sentences. My brother was the one who told me about this tracker of something that only [GM]Genesis and probably [GM]Veracity..have it too. He was a veteran in FRO since 2007, yes since this server CAME OUT. I joined my brother since 2009 although he quit in 2010/2011.

P/S:Kousty.

hmmmmm how about same connection but multiple user? does it count as 1 ? me and my 2 other cousin plays in same connection. but i got your point. its kinda hassle for this to be implemented tho. for the gm team that is.

My idea is.

if you want to increase the server's population.  

the easiest way is.

#1 make more Forum Video contest about Forsaken ro to attract people

#2 invite your friend, family, co-worker, or even your classmate don't be afraid.

#3 spread the word around, via irl or even social media. don't be afraid to encourage them to play. the more player the fun.

Edited by SweetTooth

and may i suggest.

DAILY QUEST for like in DRAGON NEST
it like something we do like a homework and when your bored and just waiting for something or somebody.
a DAILY QUEST for 1hr like A  HomeWork.
all it takes is just 1 HOUR :)
haha..

its not compulsory quest when you log in..
its like you take on a quest for a day. 1 for a day..
then it has its level too.

Beginners DQ
Average DQ
PRO DQ

Rewards can be. event tokens.. base on the level of the DQ. idont know if its TIME LIMITED DQ or do it until you finish it

what to you say #Meg?? :)

and,, we can start promoting FRO in our own town.. lets say that we will talk to the owner of the computer cafe and tell him/her that were going to install FRO to their PCs..

they know what RAGNAROK.. iknow and i know it well.. [so if it is a old one, just explain briefly XD]

if FRO cant make the advertising that we want..

we can make are own advertising.. our own move.

here in our province.. there are lots of computer cafe. maybe around 50+. even MINISKIEs cafe

NO ONE CAN RESIST THE POWER OF FIRST OLD FASHION RPG!

RAGNAROK!

SPECIALY THE 20+ YR OLD XD

On 7/19/2017 at 7:57 AM, SweetTooth said:

hmmmmm how about same connection but multiple user? does it count as 1 ? me and my 2 other cousin plays in same connection. but i got your point. its kinda hassle for this to be implemented tho. for the gm team that is.

My idea is.

if you want to increase the server's population.  

the easiest way is.

#1 make more Forum Video contest about Forsaken ro to attract people

#2 invite your friend, family, co-worker, or even your classmate don't be afraid.

#3 spread the word around, via irl or even social media. don't be afraid to encourage them to play. the more player the fun.

That "tracker" they are mentioning is the IP address, and Yes, if you and your cousin are using the same connection, you will be counted as 1 since there's no possible way for us to know whether you're telling the truth or not.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the ideas since in my opinion, it won't really fly. By fly I meant work. There's a possibility of added activity tokens if you stay for more than 12 hours straight in the game as far as I know, and that's a good enough deal if you want to save on those activity hats and such. Although there's a possibility of having an occasional event (example christmas) that may give this promo for a limited time, and that's the only thing we can give. 

As for the Referral, It's true that it would help the server in a way, but we're already spoon feeding you with freebies and such to be honest. What I meant to say is that there are other things that needs to be improved and having this system would not be the top of our priority. And, I agree with having more facebook events, or just simply social media events. Social media is the best way to promote nowadays, and it's free, that's why we should abuse the use of it by hosting more events. 

Although a promotional video event would really be amazing, it's already cliche, and not everyone is a fan of editing. I'm thinking of having like, a screenshot event there or something more, interesting. Like, about 50% of the criteria would be taken from the likes and shares of the pic (e.g, 100 is the limit, and if you get 100 likes and/or shares, then you'll automatically receive 50%), the other 50% will be for the judges. It can be 2 GMs, or 3, or even 5 (10% for each GM). 

I hope you guys understood what I'm saying, but then again, it's just my opinion and ideas :)

Edited by Harmony

I think these does not necessarily increase server population as to number of actual player but rather just increases number of accounts per actual player which will just end up with more AFK accounts/alts.

The only thing that would bring back the life on this server is more FUN and EXCITING activity in which EVERYONE (both newbie and old players) have a chance to win and grow together equally.

Because, if a player sees the server as worth INVESTING his/her TIME, MONEY, and EFFORT for because it gives the FUN and BALANCE he's been playing for, this player will try his/her best to stay ACTIVE for longer times and will REFER the game to his/her friends WITHOUT the necessity of a REWARD.

Edited by Fenrir

2 hours ago, Fenrir said:

I think these does not necessarily increase server population as to number of actual player but rather just increases number of accounts per actual player which will just end up with more AFK accounts/alts.

The only thing that would bring back the life on this server is more FUN and EXCITING activity in which EVERYONE (both newbie and old players) have a chance to win and grow together equally.

Because, if a player sees the server as worth INVESTING his/her TIME, MONEY, and EFFORT for because it gives the FUN and BALANCE he's been playing for, this player will try his/her best to stay ACTIVE for longer times and will REFER the game to his/her friends WITHOUT the necessity of a REWARD.

I cannot possibly agree more than I do to this comment, we are working on it and I hope we can make a nice comeback. I do think that its slowly getting better already, at least I noticed that myself.