scias21

Turtle Gen. Card - Remove auto-cast

Good day!

Suggestion:

Turtle General Card - Remove auto-cast of Magnum Break.

PROS:

1. No more undesired skill that forces your weapon to be FIRE ELEMENT.

2. Sinx Dex Type can utilize TG card. Normal attack wont auto cast therefore target wont get knock back and give them chance to spam seeds.

3. Less delay after an attack.

CONS:

1. None at the moment, if you think of some, please do post and ill add it here.

Uhm just incase you didnt know tg effect , It doesnt makes your weapon to be Fire element whenever it casts Magnum Break .

It adds your fire atk but doesnt change your element on your weapon something like that i wanna explain more clearly but here i am lazy to explain LOL

and i have to disagree for that removing autocast magnum because its really helps in others ways , like giving you 100  extra Hit. so -1

Edited by Maiimaii
  • Like 1

-1 to remove cast of auto magnum break. knocking back enemy can give you time to re-seed and change gear without taking damage and it has many purpose ingame.

2 hours ago, scias21 said:

replies are appreciated, kindly close the topic. Thanks to Rayray's post I came up with an idea to make use of its knock back. ?

I'm telling you, there were a fair few times that I killed a few people because of that magnum break.

1. It is not true that Magnum Break endows your weapon with Fire Element. Only the Magnum Break damage is counted as fire element.

2. Magnum Break Damage is a Burst Damage anyways on top of your Current Damage as a Dex PvPer.

3. You only auto-cast Magnum Break  IF AND ONLY IF, you are being attacked. So if you're thinking of going PvP with another Dex-type Sinx, It's just gonna be the same thing for him.

4. If you wish to remove this auto-cast ONLY TO AVOID BEING REFLECTED, well I don't think that's gonna be a good idea.

^ actually you auto cast it while attacking.  reflect is taken as a regular attack hence it procs when you are being hit(and everyone should have friggs by now)

Magnum Breaker doesn't endow your weapon with fire! What it does is adding extra 20% fire damage to your auto attacks which keep whatever property you are using. By removing Magnum Break you are essentially losing way more damage than you think not to mention it increases your HIT.

This was actually what made SinxCrit viable for breaking back in the day as you could magnum freely without fear of reflects unlike Thana users. After each Magnum you would get to do 15% extra damage on Emp (Emp only takes 75% fire damage) so it was basically like having an extra damage card.

As for the PvP side, which is the goal of the post, as RayRay said, don't neglect the power of a sudden Magnum Break, those can do a lot of damage specially if coming while you dual-wield.
Another point is understand that your opponent might also be using it and that gives you some room as well in case you make a mistake.
Last but not least it can protect you in ganks as by working with reflects you can effectively push people away or in a direction you want for a cleaner kill.

As a last note. Everything that comes from original RO should stay as is, it is the server that needs to adapt to it when making gears etc, not change items/skills/mechanics to make things more convenient.