Zai~

Automated Guess the Monster Event.

hello to all. i am suggesting that we should have this event automated since i see lot of people wants to play it and its fun and exciting typing fast and remembering the names of the monsters ( extra knowledge to the game) and i think people would love ot. what do you say?

I like the idea, but I see a problem in finding a way for the automated system to pick a winner when people answer by typing instead of an elimination process, such as the dice event.

I'd like to see more active GM's on the server. "They" play WoE more than they actively interact with people as a Games Master.

This is not to bash the current GM's that constantly work on the server behind the scenes, fix bugs, update the server, technical support, etc. etc., but I suggest they recruit more GM's, as they have done before, to help run the events, interact with players, and enjoy the game. Delegation is one of the best characteristics of leadership and can help run and grow the server.

This would address the problem of having to create automated game events, help grow the server, and mend the slightly torn relationship between the GM's and players that has arisen recently.

@Ares @Genesis @AllOtherGM's ^-^

Edited by ShadeIromatak

-1. GMs availability and visibility is something that we should demand in this game. well not necessarily the event gms, but do you really want them to just slack off? besides, this is gonna be another way of spoonfeeding to players.

actually this is gonna make them play more instead of afking. they will be forced to play the automated event if they want to win a few tokens + the event works on who will asnwer it "first" of course will be the winner in that round. and not necessarily mean it will spoon fed the players since you will have to play and "win" to get a token. more excitement and something to look forward to every 6 hours or (its up to the gm if ever) and sorry for the bad english not i am not a native speaker.

3 hours ago, Zai~ said:

actually this is gonna make them play more instead of afking. they will be forced to play the automated event if they want to win a few tokens + the event works on who will asnwer it "first" of course will be the winner in that round. and not necessarily mean it will spoon fed the players since you will have to play and "win" to get a token. more excitement and something to look forward to every 6 hours or (its up to the gm if ever) and sorry for the bad english not i am not a native speaker.

I know that you're pointing out that everything that players are gonna be getting from this is from their hardwork. but from the event itself, it's opening MORE opportunities for the players to earn. come on man, this is too much spoonfeeding. not everyrhing must be given out easily.

7 hours ago, p3wp3w said:

I know that you're pointing out that everything that players are gonna be getting from this is from their hardwork. but from the event itself, it's opening MORE opportunities for the players to earn. come on man, this is too much spoonfeeding. not everyrhing must be given out easily.

are u saying u only want people to earn just from doin quests and or farming berries? LOL man giving more opportunities is better than having limited sources. maybe it wont be helpful for YOU but for other players especially the new ones it will be a great help and opportunity to earn and not get bored from doing quests/berry tix. 

We can add more automated Events but definitely not a Guess the Monster Event.

It's one of the best events to be hosted by us and the suspense is actually what the players are yearning for.

7 hours ago, Zai~ said:

are u saying u only want people to earn just from doin quests and or farming berries? LOL man giving more opportunities is better than having limited sources. maybe it wont be helpful for YOU but for other players especially the new ones it will be a great help and opportunity to earn and not get bored from doing quests/berry tix. 

Come on man, you can get decent gears from voting and doing quests. fkingset +aura +cape from votes, and the rest would be from quests. earning toks? farm or join an MVP/farming guild. join the GM hosted/automated events. it doesnt take a genius to know it all. if you got questions, asking anyone doesnt hurt. and let me tell you, im currently gearless because i was previously hacked, but i dont complain shit because i can make mh own way without farming/doing quest or begging from anyone.

One thing I don't like about this idea is anybody can do their cheats on GTM. I used to host this like thrice a day and I know who and how the cheats are done. Definitely not going to happen again.

On 11/29/2016 at 11:29 AM, ShadeIromatak said:

I like the idea, but I see a problem in finding a way for the automated system to pick a winner when people answer by typing instead of an elimination process, such as the dice event.

I'd like to see more active GM's on the server. "They" play WoE more than they actively interact with people as a Games Master.

This is not to bash the current GM's that constantly work on the server behind the scenes, fix bugs, update the server, technical support, etc. etc., but I suggest they recruit more GM's, as they have done before, to help run the events, interact with players, and enjoy the game. Delegation is one of the best characteristics of leadership and can help run and grow the server.

This would address the problem of having to create automated game events, help grow the server, and mend the slightly torn relationship between the GM's and players that has arisen recently.

@Ares @Genesis @AllOtherGM's ^-^

As for recruiting new GMs, I think they don't want to hire new ones because when other people becomes GM. they abuse their power and ruin the server. I think its better to stay this way for a moment. GMs still do their jobs, I see GMs hosts events, but not all the time tho. They need rest too and they have IRL jobs or responsiblities. This is only what I think. 

4 hours ago, p3wp3w said:

Come on man, you can get decent gears from voting and doing quests. fkingset +aura +cape from votes, and the rest would be from quests. earning toks? farm or join an MVP/farming guild. join the GM hosted/automated events. it doesnt take a genius to know it all. if you got questions, asking anyone doesnt hurt. and let me tell you, im currently gearless because i was previously hacked, but i dont complain shit because i can make mh own way without farming/doing quest or begging from anyone.

+1 for this. Everybody started doing questing, and voting.. You have to work hard to earn those items. It doesn't mean that its easy items for other people just because this is a high rate server. 

21 minutes ago, B u m b l e B e e said:

As for recruiting new GMs, I think they don't want to hire new ones because when other people becomes GM. they abuse their power and ruin the server. I think its better to stay this way for a moment. GMs still do their jobs, I see GMs hosts events, but not all the time tho. They need rest too and they have IRL jobs or responsiblities. This is only what I think. 

I can understand the abuse but they have a pretty lengthy and extensive recruiting process, which brought us some of the amazing GM's we have today. As big as the server is, and in my opinion the best server, GM activity is crucial and the only GM's I have seen actively since taking a break from FRO is GM Euphoria and GM Ares. Being from America I have to stay up late at night to catch events like last night @Euphoria hosted a BUNCH of events ( Thank you bananas) and I went to bed at 3AM LOL. This is a common occurrence.

These comments are posted

1) To address the main topic at hand and

2) Push my agenda on trying to become a GM haha I won't lie to yah ;]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShadeIromatak said:

I can understand the abuse but they have a pretty lengthy and extensive recruiting process, which brought us some of the amazing GM's we have today. As big as the server is, and in my opinion the best server, GM activity is crucial and the only GM's I have seen actively since taking a break from FRO is GM Euphoria and GM Ares. Being from America I have to stay up late at night to catch events like last night @Euphoria hosted a BUNCH of events ( Thank you bananas) and I went to bed at 3AM LOL. This is a common occurrence.

I heard some incident happened at fro that's why I think they stopped recruiting GM atm. But yeah, GM Ares, GM Harmony are the ones active in game. I'm in America too, it's your choice to stay up late and participate in some events. There's alot of option to do like farming, buy and sell, not just events. But you have to understand that GMs and most of the players in different time zones. 

3 hours ago, ShadeIromatak said:

I hope when they start hiring GMs you'll be accepted. Goodluck to you bro. Chao!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 11:24 PM, Zai~ said:

hello to all. i am suggesting that we should have this event automated since i see lot of people wants to play it and its fun and exciting typing fast and remembering the names of the monsters ( extra knowledge to the game) and i think people would love ot. what do you say?

+1 on another kind of automated event

-1 on automated GTM. I can already imagine the work load of the GMs if this is gonna get passed.

Like how does the mecahnics even work? You did not explain the gameplay or where players are gonna answer. Definitely not PM an NPC right?

5 hours ago, Yatogami said:

+1 on another kind of automated event

-1 on automated GTM. I can already imagine the work load of the GMs if this is gonna get passed.

Like how does the mecahnics even work? You did not explain the gameplay or where players are gonna answer. Definitely not PM an NPC right?

I've seen the automated GTM on other high-rate servers. they just answer on general chat, and the system matches the first correct answer vs. the time that the NPC has changed. and the system will automatically hand over the reward just like how we get the activity toks.

48 minutes ago, p3wp3w said:

I've seen the automated GTM on other high-rate servers. they just answer on general chat, and the system matches the first correct answer vs. the time that the NPC has changed. and the system will automatically hand over the reward just like how we get the activity toks.

7 hours ago, p3wp3w said:

Hmm.. I wonder what ares meant by the event can be cheated

For an automation to be applied in a event, a certain pattern must be made and/or certain conditions must be met for it to work. whenever anyone has found that out, it might be used for abusing. furthermore, automated GTM doesnt limit us from the usual maximum wins of 3 rounds that we have now whenever GMs host this event.

so u prefer this automated dice event where people log 6 other accounts to play than an automated GTM? man cmon the last gtm event hosted by a gm was 3 days ago, theres no real active gm anymore what do you say?

1 hour ago, Zai~ said:

so u prefer this automated dice event where people log 6 other accounts to play than an automated GTM? man cmon the last gtm event hosted by a gm was 3 days ago, theres no real active gm anymore what do you say?

Automated dice is different from automated gtm.

Yes  i know how the pattern works at the 1st round of automated dice but believe me, it's hard af on winning that event.

And the reason why there's a concern on raising an application for event GMs is because of that issue. no matter what's been approved, it's all for us.