Ares

Taekwon (New Rings And Weapon)

Anyway, so I've been receiving a lot of complaints on forums, Skype, and fb. I just wonder why there's no one posting about the Taekwon and Star Gladiator being OP on forums.

I'll leave this post open so that those who wants to complain and share their thoughts will be centralized here.

Please bear in mind that the rings and weapon we launched are in beta and needs more testing. I also would like everyone to understand that we've tested these new items on the test server and that doesn't mean it will always be the same in live server. Also read between the lines and don't things I say literally. If I say I watch, I observe carefully and re-test.

I did the decrease on some bonus for Taekwon since there are taekwons (with all the passive buffs, foods, etc) can one hit even an 800k HP Paladin.

Changes will still be made and we'll release official change logs next patch.

• Like 1

Let's see,

... since there are taekwons (with all the passive buffs, foods, etc) can one hit even an 800k HP Paladin.

TK kicks (for example: Heel Drop) consist of several individual kicks, so "one hit" is not the right way to call it.

Yeah, if we look at it from another perspective, it looks like Taekwons can kick the soul out of you in just a second. But this is not entirely true in most cases because Taekwon kick combos, to become infinitely spammable, it REQUIRES you to be in the Taekwon Top 10 rankings (type the /taekwon command in-game). If you're not in that Top 10, you basically pause each time another kick stance procs, in which case you need to press the corresponding kick to continue dealing damage.

Being able to spam all 4 kicks infinitely (as long as 1 kick is not repeated back to back), even with just 1 Stance active, is one of two luxuries a Taekwon can do once they reach and grab one of the spots in the Top 10. Another is having tripled Max HP and SP (mine used to reach 500k with 2x GEC, 2x Skolls, GR+Tao, and the Blessed ring. This is not the gear setting we use when we PvP but this is just to give people an example how high it can get. On PvP gear however, it goes around 400 to 420k HP). Non-ranking TKs roughly have 110k HP, geared.

Again, these are the luxuries of making it to the Top 10 which is no easy feat. Kill 100 monsters to get 1 point. Note: Not all monsters the Taekwon mission assigns to you work. For example, the current mission it gave you is Poring. You go out there and kill porings, but then when you check your progress, it still shows as 0%. Yes, this happens. TK rankers out there know exactly what I'm talking about. Also, not all monsters that the Taekwon Mission gives you are doable in the shortest time possible. Sometimes it makes you want to kill MVPs such as Bacsojin, Atroce, or mini-MVPs like Deviling, or Ghostring. And so what we do is go ahead and spam Taekwon Mission again to hopefully get a favorable monster that works and makes progress when you kill one and has a big amount of it in one map. There is a 1% chance (One Percent) of you getting another mission while the current mission you have is at zero.

At the time of writing this, the Rank 10 in the current Taekwon Rankings is at 306 points. Considering all that stuff I've mentioned above, that must took over a week for this guy to take that 10th spot unless he's been at it for only 3 days but has done missions non-stop.

After this significant decrease in damage output, you can not blame us, TK rankers who have worked real hard to get these luxuries, if we complain about this nerf. I mean, seriously? The moment a very limited number of Taekwons become relevant in the PvP scene, you make them shitty again. There can only be 10 Taekwons who can enjoy this one-of-a-kind luxury. They're unique in their own way. Honestly, I can accept the not so small, not so high HP decrease, but the terrible decrease in the damage output is just ridiculous.

Taekwons are a melee class. They hit hard. Then wear Orc Lord armors. Frigg's Shield has reflect too. How hard can it be to counter TKs? Every single class out there can wear these reflect equipment! No need for exclusive counter skills or counter classes because we already have them in cards and basic equipment. The harder melee hitters hit, the more reflect damage they get. And oh boy, it is hard to smash 5 keyboard buttons at the same time (4 kicks, and 1 for seed).

Where were we when Gunslingers literally used about two rapid hits of Full Buster, yes, two rapid hits literally to kill almost every class. Wear a ring and the weapon that boosts it and press one ability button and click an enemy and there you go. People complained in the forums about it.

And then we immediately shift our attention and look at TKs. For them to hit rapidly we need to get to that Top 10, wear a ring and the weapon. Sacrificed an amount of time, to achieve this potential and then decrease it by a ton just because they can 'one hit' an 800k HP pally who by the way have a built-in reflect ability. Again, the HP decrease, is reasonable, but the damage, you guys need to re-evaluate. I think the reason why no one in the forums complained about TKs is because most of the people understand that these TKs (less than 10, theres still a few names in the rankings who are already inactive and they were names from years ago) deserve these legitimate bonuses.

Finally, I see this post as some kind of propaganda against TKs because you, the GMs yourselves are looking for people who would want to complain about TKs being "OP" which is right after you decrease their DPS. Why? To justify your decisions?

Sue me if you think I'm being too straightforward but I'm sorry, this is the only way you guys, hopefully, can hear about the sentiments of us TKs who feel like we're being rendered useless after the countless hours of struggle.

• Like 2

Let's see,

TK kicks (for example: Heel Drop) consist of several individual kicks, so "one hit" is not the right way to call it.

Yeah, if we look at it from another perspective, it looks like Taekwons can kick the soul out of you in just a second. But this is not entirely true in most cases because Taekwon kick combos, to become infinitely spammable, it REQUIRES you to be in the Taekwon Top 10 rankings (type the /taekwon command in-game). If you're not in that Top 10, you basically pause each time another kick stance procs, in which case you need to press the corresponding kick to continue dealing damage.

Being able to spam all 4 kicks infinitely (as long as 1 kick is not repeated back to back), even with just 1 Stance active, is one of two luxuries a Taekwon can do once they reach and grab one of the spots in the Top 10. Another is having tripled Max HP and SP (mine used to reach 500k with 2x GEC, 2x Skolls, GR+Tao, and the Blessed ring. This is not the gear setting we use when we PvP but this is just to give people an example how high it can get. On PvP gear however, it goes around 400 to 420k HP). Non-ranking TKs roughly have 110k HP, geared.

Again, these are the luxuries of making it to the Top 10 which is no easy feat. Kill 100 monsters to get 1 point. Note: Not all monsters the Taekwon mission assigns to you work. For example, the current mission it gave you is Poring. You go out there and kill porings, but then when you check your progress, it still shows as 0%. Yes, this happens. TK rankers out there know exactly what I'm talking about. Also, not all monsters that the Taekwon Mission gives you are doable in the shortest time possible. Sometimes it makes you want to kill MVPs such as Bacsojin, Atroce, or mini-MVPs like Deviling, or Ghostring. And so what we do is go ahead and spam Taekwon Mission again to hopefully get a favorable monster that works and makes progress when you kill one and has a big amount of it in one map. There is a 1% chance (One Percent) of you getting another mission while the current mission you have is at zero.

At the time of writing this, the Rank 10 in the current Taekwon Rankings is at 306 points. Considering all that stuff I've mentioned above, that must took over a week for this guy to take that 10th spot unless he's been at it for only 3 days but has done missions non-stop.

After this significant decrease in damage output, you can not blame us, TK rankers who have worked real hard to get these luxuries, if we complain about this nerf. I mean, seriously? The moment a very limited number of Taekwons become relevant in the PvP scene, you make them shitty again. There can only be 10 Taekwons who can enjoy this one-of-a-kind luxury. They're unique in their own way. Honestly, I can accept the not so small, not so high HP decrease, but the terrible decrease in the damage output is just ridiculous.

Taekwons are a melee class. They hit hard. Then wear Orc Lord armors. Frigg's Shield has reflect too. How hard can it be to counter TKs? Every single class out there can wear these reflect equipment! No need for exclusive counter skills or counter classes because we already have them in cards and basic equipment. The harder melee hitters hit, the more reflect damage they get. And oh boy, it is hard to smash 5 keyboard buttons at the same time (4 kicks, and 1 for seed).

Where were we when Gunslingers literally used about two rapid hits of Full Buster, yes, two rapid hits literally to kill almost every class. Wear a ring and the weapon that boosts it and press one ability button and click an enemy and there you go. People complained in the forums about it.

And then we immediately shift our attention and look at TKs. For them to hit rapidly we need to get to that Top 10, wear a ring and the weapon. Sacrificed an amount of time, to achieve this potential and then decrease it by a ton just because they can 'one hit' an 800k HP pally who by the way have a built-in reflect ability. Again, the HP decrease, is reasonable, but the damage, you guys need to re-evaluate. I think the reason why no one in the forums complained about TKs is because most of the people understand that these TKs (less than 10, theres still a few names in the rankings who are already inactive and they were names from years ago) deserve these legitimate bonuses.

Finally, I see this post as some kind of propaganda against TKs because you, the GMs yourselves are looking for people who would want to complain about TKs being "OP" which is right after you decrease their DPS. Why? To justify your decisions?

Sue me if you think I'm being too straightforward but I'm sorry, this is the only way you guys, hopefully, can hear about the sentiments of us TKs who feel like we're being rendered useless after the countless hours of struggle.

I personally spent like two-straight days ranking,asking a friend to donate for me, then suddenly i have heard rumors that they haved nerfed TKs already. Right then and there i sold my full set out of frustration.

yes that is true. i had full gears with my taekwon and i have to testify that my HP only is at around 120k or so because i wasnt in the ranks. :(

Please bear in mind that the rings and weapon we launched are in beta and needs more testing.

No offense sir, but beta server shoud've served it purpose with all the testing and stuffs? i mean, you wouldn't release if its imbalance or so.

I personally spent like two-straight days ranking,asking a friend to donate for me, then suddenly i have heard rumors that they haved nerfed TKs already. Right then and there i sold my full set out of frustration.

yes that is true. i had full gears with my taekwon and i have to testify that my HP only is at around 120k or so because i wasnt in the ranks. :(

No offense sir, but beta server shoud've served it purpose with all the testing and stuffs? i mean, you wouldn't release if its imbalance or so.

+1

+1

Let's see,

I don't see it really to be nerfed. they are just a bunch of jealous player. like BeforeMidnight said, it really need dedication to be in top 10 rank. they already spent hours of time to ranked up. and when they finally there, u nerfed it? whoaa!

i'm a pally, and my HP only 700K and i'm fine with a little equip modification and faster seed spam.

+1 indeed

I've face tk's top10, it was tough pvp since i need to reflect those damage while hitin. So yeah.if i got big damage,tk's should die easily.(unless against autopots)

+1

For the record, the "beta" server (which I assume you are referring to the test server) is for testing technical issues and preliminary balancing issues. There are never more than 3 people on the test server. The information we gather on the test server in a week is equal to what we can gather on the live server is a few hours. No one forced you to do the quest or ask people to buy the items for you. We blatantly told you when we released these items that they would be changed. The "beta server" served its purpose. It is not our fault you did not head our warning.

Dear Lovely Sir Ares,

All these New Item included Guardian rings and Weapons were done by you. You should test it probably before launch. So probably you will say there is ton of things to test so you release first. Ok Fine you got your point.

Regarding the GS guardian ring, 650% on Tracking, reduce 50% casting time. This is very good idea tracking with high damage but the casting time from 3 second(original effect) reduced to 1.5 second. This is sound very good and fair High damage not spammable but you forget the card can reduce casting time? When this skill with no casting time you can spam like a machine gun and doesn't need kiel at all. People are complaining it because they doesn't know you made a MISTAKE at this point. But now the problem solve because you already figure it out the trick. Thanks God.

and Now, I will come to this topic. Everybody know TK quietly nerfed 2 times which is at least 30% on their damage and HP gone. I agreed with you because before this adjustment TK is kinda hard to handle. If you read above comment, AFTER NERF 400k + HP which is easily counter by REFLECT and DISPEL for now. There is no way to 1 HIT KO PALLY WITH 800K HP. I'm pretty sure you mentioning the 'OP TK' (everybody knows). Smart player like Cowcaine, B r o l y etc know how to counter him easily.

You mentioned the 'PALLY' with 800k HP is probably with Dragonist Armor, Full Vit, 4 FABRE 2 GEC and a pair of SLOW HAND for seed. A smart player always seed first before got hit. Using Dragon warlock on boots and VR on the weapon. How issit possible 1 hit KO by 'TK' you mentioned sir?

AOE skill which hit few player at the SAME TIME which can cause pally take a lot of damage with just a hit. For example Desparato, if the pally is devoing 4 char and they take the damage at the same time, this pally definitely KO in just 1 second. We need strategy, skill and plans in the war. Not just by spamming your skill with 1 button. You should know what am I trying to say on this paragraph.

My summary, above mentioned, not easy to be TK RANKER. You spend your time and your energy to make it. If this class got nerfed. There is 2 TK ranker in WARSONG, 1 ranker in Elysian, 1 ranker in DC, 3 ranker without big guild, 1 in the PE and 2 inactive will be really up sad :th_ok:

Please reconsider your suggestion and take your time to test it. No offense sir, we know you are trying hard to test these new items. Hope our suggestion can easier for you to make decision.

Again, we test things thoroughly before releasing them. The data we can gather from testing it on the test server is very limited. This is why when we have a preliminary effect, we release it on the live server and allow players to give us feedback. Anyone who says "you should have tested it" again is going to get banned, because its getting on my nerves.

Moving on to the topic at hand, I am seeing a lot of people say "+1" or "I agree" but not actively providing specific suggestions. A few of you have stated why you think the rings should be buffed. However, please include your suggested effect changes so we can consider them, discuss them and test them.

• Like 1

For the record, the "beta" server (which I assume you are referring to the test server) is for testing technical issues and preliminary balancing issues. There are never more than 3 people on the test server. The information we gather on the test server in a week is equal to what we can gather on the live server is a few hours. No one forced you to do the quest or ask people to buy the items for you. We blatantly told you when we released these items that they would be changed. The "beta server" served its purpose. It is not our fault you did not head our warning.

If no body donate and make the ring. Nobody will know what is the ring look like :th_ok:

Again, we test things thoroughly before releasing them. The data we can gather from testing it on the test server is very limited. This is why when we have a preliminary effect, we release it on the live server and allow players to give us feedback. Anyone who says "you should have tested it" again is going to get banned, because its getting on my nerves.

Moving on to the topic at hand, I am seeing a lot of people say "+1" or "I agree" but not actively providing specific suggestions. A few of you have stated why you think the rings should be buffed. However, please include your suggested effect changes so we can consider them, discuss them and test them.

SORRY SIR JORGE PLEASE DON'T BAN ME BECAUSE ARES WAS MENTIONED 'I'll leave this post open so that those who wants to complain and share their thoughts will be centralized here.' Many Many Apologize to you :th_ok:

If no body donate and make the ring. Nobody will know what is the ring look like :th_ok:

SORRY SIR JORGE PLEASE DON'T BAN ME BECAUSE ARES WAS MENTIONED 'I'll leave this post open so that those who wants to complain and share their thoughts will be centralized here.' Many Many Apologize to you :th_ok:

I wasn't directing it towards you, I was just saying in general its unproductive. :)

Lets get back on topic so we can roll out new changes asap!

Sorry for the late response. All of the posts above say one thing only and yes I agree to some. The testings I do together with some GMs may or may not always be perfect (I'm repeating myself again) and we are happy that there are brave souls out there to test these new items (version 1) we released and now we see / observe / re-test these until we come to a point where we can call it "balanced".

If we talk about politics, of course all of those people who say that these "nerf" is bad are all in the same group / guild. Same as what happened for Gunslinger. Okay so moving on...

I find Taekwon too OP as of the moment since it does very high damage, with fast cast, and a x3 HP increase if you're in top 10 rank. We appreciate your hard work to get to the top 5 but like what we stated in the previous patch notes, these new items are subject to change. We didn't force you to spend 24/7 to be on top rank. I also don't like the mindset when people think that we do this for money and then nerf it when somebody gets too strong, etc.

My objective as GM is to improve the gaming experience. I remember back in 2014 when nobody plays Gunslingers and Taekwons. I'm glad and will still do my best to improve these jobs until everyone is happy. ;)

Edited by Ares
  • Like 1

My objective as GM is to improve the gaming experience. I remember back in 2014 when nobody plays Gunslingers and Taekwons. I'm glad and will still do my best to improve these jobs until everyone is happy. ;)

When I came back a few years ago, there are like 3 Biochems, 1 Gunslinger and 1 taekwon that is probably an alternate. This is a nice change, I gotta say.

I don't side with anyone on this.

Becoming a ranker takes time. then they had to get their rings and stuff. It takes an effort, in that I agree. But that doesn't mean that it would be ok for the class to be OP. I am not saying TKs are OP(I still reserve that description to a fully geared Clown with good ping), because they are still easy to counter than other classes, but the buffs going in their direction can be exploited further. Hence I agree with a few tweaks first then we will see what we can do.

To Ares: I know these items are subject to change, correct me if I am wrong, but I did not see any announcements about the items changing already. In fact, I have seen it from a status here in the forums by a player. It could have been done in game, I do not know, but if we are going to move forward with this, please make new announcements EVERYTIME you guys change something that is game altering(like item stats and delay on skills). That way people can brace themselves, and no one will rant like what happened here. People can then create suggestions and we can be civilized about it.

For further research, can anyone tell me what their damage was before the nerf and after the nerf? so we can compare it.

Good thing we're referring to this as a nerf rather than balancing.

Before the nerf, we can deal around 50k to 70k damage on Heel Drop boosted by the Bless ring. All 4 kicks contain 3 individual hits. So 70k x 3 210k.

After the nerf, the highest i've done is 19 to 21k damage x 3. So that's 63k damage. The other 2 boosted kicks (Roundhouse and Counter Kick) deal 10 to 12k damage x 3 which gives you around 36k. It got so low that Crit build Sinx deal way better damage than TKs. Our time ranking was all made pointless if you guys choose to stand by your decision in making TK damage this low in which case we're better off making Crit Sinx. Jeezus.

I find Taekwon too OP as of the moment since it does very high damage, with fast cast, and a x3 HP increase if you're in top 10 rank.

This is your opinion. Only yours. But that doesn't mean you can immediately change things just because you can. You shoulda listened more around you and not judge based only on what you think. I thought there was a GM team who you can talk to about these kind of stuff. Be one and listen to the community if you want the community to be happy.

Edited by BeforeMidnight
  • Like 1

Good thing we're referring to this as a nerf rather than balancing.

Before the nerf, we can deal around 50k to 70k damage on the 3 kicks boosted by the Bless ring. All 4 kicks contain 3 individual hits. So 70k x 3 210k.

After the nerf, the highest i've done is 19 to 21k damage x 3. So that's 63k damage for all the 3 boosted kicks. It got so low that Crit build Sinx deal way better damage than TKs. Our time ranking was all made pointless if you guys choose to stand by your decision in making TK damage this low in which case we're better off making Crit Sinx. Jeezus.

This is your opinion. Only yours. But that doesn't mean you can immediately change things just because you can. You shoulda listened more around you and not judge based only on what you think. I thought there was a GM team who you can talk to about these kind of stuff. Be one and listen to the community if you want the community to be happy.

+100000. Pity TK if the damage went down to 10k per kick x 3 = 30k. Critical or Dex Six really deal way better than TK and doesn't need to smash 3 button on your keyboard :D

I as well thought the TK class was very strong, being a ranker does take some time yes, but not impossible. Being able to spam infinite kicks doing 210k (as you stated) seems pretty high dmg to me I don't know any other class that can output that kind of damage infinitely.

Now before the kicks were doing

Heel Drop 800%
Roundhouse kick 500%
Counter kick 430%
Tornado kick 1000% (on cursed)
this damage was also being stacked with
Fighting Chant (Skill ID# 424, iRO Name: Kihop)
It increases your ATK (2*SkillLV)% per party member on the same map.
For example, if there are 10 party members, and you have LV 5 in this skill, your ATK is increased by 100%.
party is capped at 32 or 36 people per party if I remember correctly so they are getting another extra 320 or 360% in big events like WoE and GvG making the damage even higher and impossible to tank
Edited by Moogle

I as well thought the TK class was very strong, being a ranker does take some time yes, but not impossible. Being able to spam infinite kicks doing 210k (as you stated) seems pretty high dmg to me I don't know any other class that can output that kind of damage infinitely.

Now before the kicks were doing

Heel Drop 800%
Roundhouse kick 500%
Counter kick 430%
Tornado kick 1000% (on cursed)
this damage was also being stacked with

Fighting Chant (Skill ID# 424, iRO Name: Kihop)

It increases your ATK (2*SkillLV)% per party member on the same map.
For example, if there are 10 party members, and you have LV 5 in this skill, your ATK is increased by 100%.

party is capped at 32 or 36 people per party if I remember correctly so they are getting another extra 320 or 360% in big events like WoE and GvG making the damage even higher and impossible to tank

There is no point on looking at the description sir because it's not correct anymore.

Regarding Fighting chant, you got your point. Solo TK aren't OP. If you saying this skill +1 to nerf it. It's Should capped on 1% per member or maximum 3 - 5 player.

There you go Ares.

When I came back a few years ago, there are like 3 Biochems, 1 Gunslinger and 1 taekwon that is probably an alternate. This is a nice change, I gotta say.

I don't side with anyone on this.

Becoming a ranker takes time. then they had to get their rings and stuff. It takes an effort, in that I agree. But that doesn't mean that it would be ok for the class to be OP. I am not saying TKs are OP(I still reserve that description to a fully geared Clown with good ping), because they are still easy to counter than other classes, but the buffs going in their direction can be exploited further. Hence I agree with a few tweaks first then we will see what we can do.

To Ares: I know these items are subject to change, correct me if I am wrong, but I did not see any announcements about the items changing already. In fact, I have seen it from a status here in the forums by a player. It could have been done in game, I do not know, but if we are going to move forward with this, please make new announcements EVERYTIME you guys change something that is game altering(like item stats and delay on skills). That way people can brace themselves, and no one will rant like what happened here. People can then create suggestions and we can be civilized about it.

For further research, can anyone tell me what their damage was before the nerf and after the nerf? so we can compare it.

Given the time limit I have with work and business (in real life) and GM duties, I fail to post an announcement everytime we make quick changes. It's not a good excuse but that's the truth. I understand what you guys feel when changes happen in an instant. But we do this to avoid people abusing the effects and also "see" how it will go. Some things we consider when we change effects

1. how will group A and B will react to it
  2. if group A finds a way to enhance the effects further, what will group B do
  3. if group B counters the effects, what will group A do
  4. change effects based on observations and tests on test server then back to #1

I am sorry if I prefer not to post logs everytime we do changes on items effects. I believe that it will also create dramas when people see that effects going up and down from time to time. But keep in mind that we do Emergency Effects Changes on live server when we find it too OP.

There is no point on looking at the description sir because it's not correct anymore.

Regarding Fighting chant, you got your point. Solo TK aren't OP. If you saying this skill +1 to nerf it. It's Should capped on 1% per member or maximum 3 - 5 player.

There you go Ares.

It takes a lot of work to update description and people will need to run patcher to get the updated description. Please understand that Ragnarok doesn't have a good system to update description fast.

It takes a lot of work to update description and people will need to run patcher to get the updated description. Please understand that Ragnarok doesn't have a good system to update description fast.

Noted sir and this is not the point now. Moggie has the point, please look at it.

Earlier this WOE there were 2 TKs that were owning, both were from PE. 1 was running upto eeyo castle along with his guildmates. He easily dropped everyone he passed. Dropped 4 including myself. So if the WOE today was prior to updating TK then something is up. I'm positive that the only skill used on me by his guild mate was sight then he dropped me after. Gonna have to check this once I go online again and see the opinions of others. I'm not sure of their ranking as well so I'll need to double check if those hits were legit.

With regards to testing. I agree with others about the Beta server testing and I see the GMs point. As a software tester myself bugs keep coming out eventually. It can come out during the testing phase, UAT(User acceptance testing) or even on production(Live environment wherein people/customers/clients are already using it). Just my 2 cents, give it some time. That's what builds were made for.