Nuichiro

Can't Launch The Game, And Several More Problems

i just installed the game yesterday and it was playable, but today i got 2 problems *but first, sorry for my bad english*

1. the game won't launch, a white thingy box appeared then disappear and nothing happens, i also checked the task manager and theres no fRO task running, i tried the white screen fix but it doesn't work

2. the game will launch in windowed mode but the resolution is super small that i can't even see anything

i tried to change the resolution in the settings but the available resolution lists are not even showing up so i'm stuck

i already have no idea what to do, i run everything as admin, turning off antivirus, reinstalling the game, running the game again as admin with antivirus off, changing the compatibility, changing UAC, but nothing works, i use windows 10 64 bit

any help would be very appreciated, and thanks :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT : i found a way to fix it and i want to share it so maybe it would help.

1. open the fRO files and find "setup" right click then properties

2. on the compatibility bar, click "change settings for all users" then check "run as admin" *the "run as admin" checkbox on the compatibility bar by default doesn't work for me, it wont run as admin unless i checked the one at "settings for all users"*

3. back to the compatibility bar, click "run compatibility troubleshooter" and wait until it finishes. then choose recommended settings *although i've change the compatibility to win xp before, its the same as the "run as admin" thingy, it doesn't work for me and it only works unless the troubleshooter did it :|*

4. the resolution list on the settings should be fixed now, note : try not to fullscreen for windows 7~10, to minimize anymore problem :/ (i tried fullscreen right away and it crashes immediately xD)

conclusion : the main problem here is because the properties options are not working by default, you need to get through options inside the options *why would they put "run as admin" again if there's already "run as admin" on the compatibility bar, and why is that one not working? really windows? sorry i got carried away :3 *

hope this helps~

i am sorry for trash posting

for the admins : you can delete this thread if you want :3 ~~ sorry again ( >w<)/

Edited by Nuichiro