DemonFoxx

So I Have This Suggestion For An Event...

So I was at fild with some friends and these Champions were fighting each other, and ( Credits to: 6 God™ and Mini Strello) were basically betting tokens on each champion that was fighting, so I joined in too.

So i had this idea to make it an event, like Gladiator style, or like a Fight Club, where basically:

-People who want to fight must apply beforehand (limited, can be 2,4 or maybe 6, but not any more because itll take a long time).

-The applicants will fight in a tournament style 1v1.

-The fighters will get paid depending on the amount that they have bet on.

So about betting on a fighter:

-Every player that bets must bet the same amount of tokens

-They will receive an increase of the tokens they bet back (if you bet 10 tokens, and your fighter wins u get 15 tokens, the other 5 goes the fighter who won)

This doesn't have to be like the other events that a GM needs to watch like GvG or BR. It just needs players who want to fight, people who are willing to bet on a fighter and maybe a gm so he can handle the tokens. (or even someone who's trustworthy enough to hold the tokens)

The only problem I see is getting a map that will let them 1v1 and people(the betters) can watch without interfering, but I think there's definitely a map that fits those requirements

and I trust you guys to find it ;D .

Another thing, it must be jobs that are fun to watch like Champ vs Champ, not something boring like LK vs LK.

If it's Champ vs Champ (which I'm guessing it will be most likely Champ vs Champ) it must be fair. No Lex, No Stone, nothing cheap. Each fighter must have equal amounts of Yggs and Seeds. They can have them on storage and they can restock but they must have equal amounts of both ygg+seed. It will all depend on your skill.

Edited by DemonFoxx
  • Like 1

+1

just balance out the limit of supplies in the storage.

No one would watch people waste 30k of seeds or berries.

That would just take too long.

and what the person above me said fixed match making would probably get abused so that should be looked up if anything.

+1

just balance out the limit of supplies in the storage.

No one would watch people waste 30k of seeds or berries.

That would just take too long.

and what the person above me said fixed match making would probably get abused so that should be looked up if anything.

Yea that's why I said limited supply, I was thinking maybe 3-5 restocks? Dunno, maybe we'll vote on it

And about the match fixing, I was thinking this event will be mostly done between friends or rivals that want to duke it out fairly. Maybe get a GM as a referee?

Hello

Seems like a good idea but difficult to implement

you can't control how much seeds/berries can have someone on storage (unless you limit the map to no @commands like most events, or cheaters gonna cheat...) and that will leave the player with only his/her initial amount

you need to make sure the fight is not fixed (someone loses intentionally...)

for all other suggestions you can work as group of players (i mean for going a map, watch the fight without interfering, someone to handle the toks...)

I have some ideas for player vs player events but need to get approval of gm genesis to test and check if we can add to events, i'm going to to talk to him on next days and see what he thinks about it

+1 .. I love this idea.

But like Danger said, we can't control the amount of berries/seeds a player has on their storage.

But can't it just be solved easily with a map that can't use @storage?

But yeah. This would be a great additonal event to the server, I'm pretty sure people would love to join.

Edited by Roi

To control the amount of seeds/yggs someone can have, I had an idea to SS the storage(showing your seeds+yggs) and your inventory(also showing your seeds+yggs), and after youre done ss'ing, you can't log off, or youll be disqualifed, and then send it to the referee( GM or player we can trust) and wait for his approval. If we do it fast it shouldn't take more than 1-3 minutes.

Or what we can do is have thread here in the forums and post the screenshots there, so everyone whos participating on the bet would be able to see as well.

Hi! There is a suggestion similar to this before, click here

Although the betting system you are suggesting is quite good, and would be amazing, it may be hard for the GM to monitor everything (since there are may be a lot of players betting and it would be hard for a GM to facilitate that). If this would become an automated event, it would cause some bugs to the NPC that will facilitate the betting system you are suggesting, and it may even irritate you. (Eating your tokens for example, not sufficient tokens given, and even giving more than what you should be receiving which could ruin the economy sort of issues)

Another issue for the GM is this, there are 15 players who bet this "fighter" as you call 'em, and about 5 of them DCed and never came back, when shall they get the tokens back? What if they received the tokens already and claimed that the GM kept it for himself? And what if the player never returned, and the GM is stuck with the tokens? That is why we don't ask or be traded for anything, it is not allowed to keep items from players, because it would lead to issues such as this. We are stuck with "what ifs" and that is not good.

And..

To control the amount of seeds/yggs someone can have, I had an idea to SS the storage(showing your seeds+yggs) and your inventory(also showing your seeds+yggs), and after youre done ss'ing, you can't log off, or youll be disqualifed, and then send it to the referee( GM or player we can trust) and wait for his approval. If we do it fast it shouldn't take more than 1-3 minutes.

Or what we can do is have thread here in the forums and post the screenshots there, so everyone whos participating on the bet would be able to see as well.

The forums part would take some time, which would make the participants leave since it is taking too long. And trust me, players don't want to wait that long. As simple as having to wait for a GM to invite you to a party is already irritating to some, that's why we are looking for an easier and faster way so you guys won't have to wait that long. Although being patient is the solution to this, not all can do that.

The best solution I could probably suggest is this, make it an automated event or even just an arena that anyone can go to (You won't be able to receive anything from it, it's just a game) and input a time limit. Let's say there are 3 games there, you could choose Game 1, which has 5 min time limit, Game 2, which has a 10 min time limit, and Game 3, which has a 30 min time limit.

The suggestion is actually doable, but having the betting system just complicates things. The Gladiator style Event is feasible, we can produce a 1v1 match, and probably an audience area just to watch the match, but betting on the fighters, or maybe we can call them "gladiators" is a No No for me.

PvP event was the most difficult event to held, since you'll need some active people to be a judge and of course not biasing. And weighing from the mechanism you said, I doubt this will get implemented.

+1 i like this,

Altough it can be done with like guildmates or something..