ana

Star Gladiator Guide

Star Gladiator Guide

Breaker+PvP

Hi guys!
This is an old reply to a post, however it was not too visible so i decided to make it a post on its own!

The following guide is pretty simple and straightforward going over, Skills, Stats, Gears and a few Tips. The best way to learn a class is still playing it so hope you have in mind that these are just basics.

ATTENTION: this guide is based around a skill called union, might make a more general one sometime but not now.

Skills

The following skills that will be explained are the ones that make the class what it is. I am not including the kicks, players should experiment with them. I am mostly explaining passives and skills that are important for the guide.

• Opposition

47a1f50b88472059c4540e2a2d2e5c1b.png

This is your main damage skill. Opposition requires you to mark 3 enemies (one per skill level) and you will deal increased damage to these targets, that damage will depend on your DEX and LUK.

NOTES!

• The restrictions only apply to mobs;
  • If you set it on a player you are setting it on his class (i.e. if you mark a player who is playing champion you now deal more damage to all champions);
  • You can target Emperium, remember due to mob restrictions save rank 1 for Emperium. (This will mark all castles);
  • You cannot reset your marked targets so choose carefully;

• Wrath

005716bce0281c4f8284629b993c47ba.png

The Wrath skills are actually what makes your opposition deal damage, as opposition only makes you ignore opponent size. This is a passive skill.

• Kihop

e1962749a0fa412079282775aa7642a9.png
This is the reason why you will want loads of players in your party! You get 10%ATK per person in your party that are in the same map as you.

• Union

d18cdb9ef45827399f061e944161e549.png

This is another reason you will want to be in a party, you crave for Devo so you can use GTB and keep this up. The description is wrong, you dont need to be linked during the effect of the skill, you just need to be linked before using the skill to get the bonus. As you can see it makes your attacks never miss and ignore DEF which is the same as always critical hitting.

• Tumbling

6db3782175ac6afca687d0d5304eb8f5.png

Really important skill for PvP it makes you dodge a lot of attacks.

• Mild Wind

3617642fff00b12af2e170b0dde282e0.png

This changes the property of your attacks, really useful.

• Shadow

40c1212c1f9f43ebc606efc26395bfd0.png

This skill is not that important but it is here for a reason!!!! If you level up this skill don't level up your Job Lvl. If you get max job level and this skill you will have permanent blind effect.

STATS

Upon testing Opposition looking for a good balance between DEX+LUK and the rest i came up with these stats:

• Str - 28X
  • Agi - Enough for 195 aspd... and add another 12 agi for dec agi
  • Vit - W/e is left in the end (Your HP will be really low anyway)
  • Int - 0
  • Dex - 50 (this Serves for Opposition Bonus)
  • Luk - 50 (this serves for Opposition Bonus)

GEARS

PVP

• Helm - Usual (Valk/Captain ship w/e you feel like using) - Kiels/fsold
  • Mid - Any aura (I personally like emps) - Kiel/fsold
  • Low - Usual (Ring/Ruck/wings/scarf... anything) - Fsold/kiel
  • Armor - Farmor - Tao/Gr
  • Weapon - NO WEAPON!!!! <--- cheap and good
  • Shield - Friggs/ Fshield 2x... usako+GTB
  • Boots - Fboots - 2xFBH
  • Cloack - Fcloak - Ray/Skoll or 2xSkoll
  • Acessory - Str acessories

BREAKING

• Helm - +10 valk - 2x seyren
  • Mid - Any aura - Gemini / Fsold
  • Low - Any low gear - Gemini /Fsold
  • Armor - Farmor - Tao/GR and 2xGloom
  • Rest is same as pvp build

Tips

General Tips:

• Remember to get your Oppositions, you will deal nearly 3x more damage to your Oppositions!
  • Target only your oppositions, rest is a bit of a waste;
  • Don't get max Job LVL or don't level the "Shadow Skill";
  • Remember to get Party anytime you can... SG gets 10% damage bonus per party member;
  • Don't buy Converters! use Mild Wind;
  • You will have really low HP be careful how you use it;

PvP:

• Always have tumbling on;
  • Start with a Running+Flying Kick combo you might one shot your opponent;

Breaking

• Don't use tumbling or any kicks while breaking they stop your auto-attack animation;
  • Break for big guilds!;
  • Set Emperium as your opposition;
  • Make sure your guild understands how valuable you are and demand a Devo as your HP is really low specially if you go for 2xGloom.

That is about it, rest will come from experience... 1 Hitting people in woes is really funny.

See you guys in the game, happy kicks and have fun
Any Questions just ask me.
Fia.

Edited by ana
  • Like 3

So simple yet nobody uses it, +1 on the guide, I was witness of how OP ana's SG was when Avalanche used to defend castles.

• Like 1

2 notes: The description on opposition is not wrong. for example only level 1 opposition works on the emperium. It has requirements when used on mobs.

Level Description 1 Mark as Target of the Sun. On mobs, it can only be used on Small monsters. 2 Mark as Target of the Moon. On mobs, it can only be used on Medium size monsters that have a Maximum HP higher than 6,000. 3 Mark as Target of the Stars. On mobs, it can only be used on Large size monsters that have a Maximum HP higher than 20,000.

Small advantages can also be gained by setting your maps as the sun, moon and star. (you can only do this once) each of these designated maps allows you to use a few active skills that give you a slight buff.

Also another little tip is to look into the tumbling skill more. it does more than you think ^_~

Edited by Bishop

Small advantages can also be gained by setting your maps as the sun, moon and star. (you can only do this once) each of these designated maps allows you to use a few active skills that give you a slight buff.

Doesn't the [Feeling Reset] option presented on the Kafras reset your SLS maps?

Ontopic:

Great guide Fia! +1.

2 notes: The description on opposition is not wrong. for example only level 1 opposition works on the emperium. It has requirements when used on mobs.

Level Description 1 Mark as Target of the Sun. On mobs, it can only be used on Small monsters. 2 Mark as Target of the Moon. On mobs, it can only be used on Medium size monsters that have a Maximum HP higher than 6,000. 3 Mark as Target of the Stars. On mobs, it can only be used on Large size monsters that have a Maximum HP higher than 20,000.

Also another little tip is to look into the tumbling skill more. it does more than you think ^_~

Thank you, corrected the Opposition thing.

As for Maps and Tumbling, I wanted this to be a starter guide with just the basics people would need to find some success and understand the class potential. The fun of playing is finding new things as you master a class, if you knew everything before starting it wouldn't be fun, or at least that is how i see it.