mutilixus

Classic Ro Pvp Room :d

Hi FRO,

Do you feel nostalgic and miss the old RO but at the same time love the Forsaken RO and doesn't want to switch server?

Well maybe this suggestion is for you...

Since we have a lot of rooms in the PvP warper that is unused, I am suggesting converting one of it to a classic pvp room. More specifically, the Prontera PvP Room.

U6pkWyy.png

By classic, I mean no custom items, no donate/legendary weapons, no valk/expa gears, no donate/quest auras, no vote/king/legendary set. Just pure old Ragnarok but in the comfort of our high rate, stable community.

qD8xvtk.png

This room lets you use different card/equipment combos not just the same 3kiel,gr+tao,2tg+whatever,1skoll+1raydric,Usakoring,2fbh card combo.

Rules:

• Golden Thief Bug card, Thanatos Card, and Custom cards are disabled.

• Legendary, Donate, Vote, Emperium Drops, Activity and custom gears disabled.

• Knight or not, everyone is allowed to join as long as you are base level 255

• No party allowed except on GM hosted event (see Pros section for more details)

• FFA - Free For All, just like our current PvP room you can kill anyone you want even if you are in the same guild.

• All buffs/FCP are dispelled upon entering the room except Healer NPC buffs. But you can still cast buffs/FCP inside the Room.

• Full Strip skill is not allowed, but other strip skills are allowed (strip shield/armor/weapon/headgear)

• @storage command is disabled, you can @warp to go in the room but you can't use @warp command inside the room.

• 3 Kiel card is still allowed if you manage to find non-custom upper, middle, and lower gears to put the cards in.

• Feeding not allowed. Feeding may result to automatic ban from the room.

• Ofc, Cheating and 3rd party programs are not allowed

Mechanics:

• Every week the top 5 players will receive mini-game tokens.

○ 5th Place - 5 mini-game tokens

○ 4th Place - 10 mini-game tokens

○ 3rd Place - 20 minigame tokens

○ 2nd Place - 40 mini-game tokens

○ 1st Place - 50 mini-game tokens

Note: Mini-game tokens can be exchange to Event tokens at the Token Traders tavern at 1mtoken:2etoken ratio.

Pros:

• Everyone is on an equal ground. Rich or not. Experience, skills, and good internet connection will be the key to winning.

• Can be a good way to kill time. Not everyone enjoys PvP rooms because they can't go head to head w/ the geared players so putting up this kind of room can make everyone a match.

• A good kick-starter. Even new comers w/ past RO experience can be a top player, meaning they can earn tokens to jump start their FRO adventure.

• ^ Less beggars. You can simply tell item/zeny beggars to join the Classic PvP Ladder so they can earn tokens.

• An additional event. GMs can host a LMS/PTvsPT event in this room. It'll be more exciting since everyone has unpredictable builds.

• Will sharpen your knowledge in Ragnarok. This will enhance your damage/reduction calculation skills.

Cons:

• ??

That would be all, Let me know what you think.

Go play on a 99/50 / low-rate server if you want this type of pvp.

Do you feel nostalgic and miss the old RO but at the same time love the Forsaken RO and doesn't want to switch server?

Well maybe this suggestion is for you...

Do you even read bro? Anyway, no need hating this is just a suggestion.

The reason we have custom items is because RO or rather Gravity is bad at making the classes balanced. This is rather shown when transcend classes are introduced and SinX and Champ are basically murdering everyone.

I will try to give an opinion with the rules you have.

Rules:

• Golden Thief Bug card, Thanatos Card, and Custom cards are disabled. - Severe spamming of storm gust + lord of vermillion. Only people that can fight it are profs.

• Legendary, Donate, Vote, Emperium Drops, Activity and custom gears disabled. - severely hinders classes that needs them, and again, spamming of storm gust will screw you, then frost joke as well

• Knight or not, everyone is allowed to join as long as you are base level 255 - seems fine

• No party allowed except on GM hosted event (see Pros section for more details) - obviously

• FFA - Free For All, just like our current PvP room you can kill anyone you want even if you are in the same guild. -

• All buffs/FCP are dispelled upon entering the room except Healer NPC buffs. But you can still cast buffs/FCP inside the Room. -screws everyone that is not a biochemist

• Full Strip skill is not allowed, but other strip skills are allowed (strip shield/armor/weapon/headgear) - makes stalker weaker actually

• @storage command is disabled, you can @warp to go in the room but you can't use @warp command inside the room. - this is basic

• 3 Kiel card is still allowed if you manage to find non-custom upper, middle, and lower gears to put the cards in. - again, spamming of frost joke and/or storm gust will make the pvp room not fun

• Feeding not allowed. Feeding may result to automatic ban from the room. - you can't monitor it

• Ofc, Cheating and 3rd party programs are not allowed - as always

No custom items will screw all classes except champs. I mean seriously, when you see a champion, you switch to your GR. with no custom items, you have to have an unfrozen armor against wizards and clowns. however, champions can just use garm armor and you are screwed. Basically, in a 1v1 situation, Champion will win because you absolutely have no counter against him. you can't wear unfrozen as one asura without gr will kill you, the moment you use gr, you get frozen(don't forget the stormy knight cards)

I will now address your pros

Pros:

• Everyone is on an equal ground. Rich or not. Experience, skills, and good internet connection will be the key to winning.- not really, champions are above everyone if you think about it.

• Can be a good way to kill time. Not everyone enjoys PvP rooms because they can't go head to head w/ the geared players so putting up this kind of room can make everyone a match. - the room will not be enjoyable since you are stuck with using the strongest classes without custom items.

• A good kick-starter. Even new comers w/ past RO experience can be a top player, meaning they can earn tokens to jump start their FRO adventure. - they really would not be, as people who are familiar with the server knows how everything works anyway. Just because someone plays only in FRO does not mean his RO experience is dull.

• ^ Less beggars. You can simply tell item/zeny beggars to join the Classic PvP Ladder so they can earn tokens. - seems fine, but this can be done on the normal pvp room too if we just make it so

• An additional event. GMs can host a LMS/PTvsPT event in this room. It'll be more exciting since everyone has unpredictable builds. - no one will use unpredictable. the stats are still for 255/255. just roll high damage classes and you will kill a bunch of people upon entering.

• Will sharpen your knowledge in Ragnarok. This will enhance your damage/reduction calculation skills. - you actually do not need this. everyone will be on very low hp. just roll in a full asura champ, a sonic blow sinx or even a bolter prof. hell with no FCP upon entering, biochemist will be a hell to fight(you cannot use RSX+GR so you screwed, then you have no GTB as well).

+1 to this, anyone who hates this suggestion is not a true PRO RO GAMER" yeah too much hate btw lol

Quite the contrary. Anyone who just +1 a suggestion without actually analyzing it is the one who does not know how to play RO. RO was never a balanced game, hence pvp rooms in low rates only consists of the same classes. This will also be the case here. This is a high rate, our stats are not meant to be played with the normal gears of RO.

I will only agree to this IF we put more rules to it.

1. In order for stats not to be too much: Only characters that are exactly lvl 99 and non knight are allowed(this will be hard since it is easy to level. we would have to make an NPC that makes you 99 exactly).

2. No MVP cards allowed.

That would probably simulate low rate pvp if you guys still want it.

Many time ago I played in a server like Forsaken with a pvp rom like this, and it's a very funny ideia.

It was a pvp without any customs itens and allowed only dropable itens and cards. I think a knight set it's not the problem because is not hard to do, and all player need that quest to make another quests, but the funny of this pvp is the switch of equips because without custons, and it give a possibility to a new have some funs. If tou think about a new entry player, without equips or donates can't play a pvp, and everyone know they have no chance agains a donate player, and many of this new entry left the game without knowing the server.

If tou think about a new entry player, without equips or donates can't play a pvp, and everyone know they have no chance agains a donate player, and many of this new entry left the game without knowing the server.

This is so untrue. I use vote sets on my sinx, use legendary weapons and str gaunts on him and I was able to kill people who I am pretty sure donated a lot. Newbies should have no excuse as voting for the set and cape and at least fallen ghost gets you on par with people using donates.

This is so untrue. I use vote sets on my sinx, use legendary weapons and str gaunts on him and I was able to kill people who I am pretty sure donated a lot. Newbies should have no excuse as voting for the set and cape and at least fallen ghost gets you on par with people using donates.

You right but I said "new entry". And for fulling a good vote equips+ cards it need normally one mounth or more, and this if you vote one time at day. What I mean it's, in all this time a new entry need to have a chance to have some fun in a pvp, and not explodind his back in a chair farming or doing pve. At last what convinces a player to stay into a server? it's that pvp.

We are unlike other servers where you get strong in a day. To me, that is just boring, hence I stayed on this server for years. And actually, I pvp with just knight set and legendary equips(aura, weapon, gaunts) on my sinx and I do fine, you just adjust the stats a bit because knight set gives lower stats than the full vote king set. Of course, there are classes that work ok on knight set and other classes that don't, so you just steer away from those classes.

You can pvp decently on a knight set and legendary stuff geared LK. I've seen around 3 people who challenge themselves and use knight set on their champs and it works. It is more of an excuse nowadays, not a reason.

And seriously, they should not complain about a month for a full king set when it gives the same as the donate one. They can even vote for the capes now.

- 1 on this suggestion. PS: -1's not to show you that we hate you. It's the idea that's wrong here. It seems that Ray Ray had given prolly a lot of inputs and it's all true.

I too can kill people with donates easily with non donates [Although this varies unless the enemy's an auto pot user] -. After years of playing in this RO, you'll need to learn to adjust almost every time. With the current pvp situation, I can say the rewards are fine, the system's good - would be better if hax can be detected-, and the players are good.

Just remove the party on pvp room and it will be fun again

Removing the party on pvp room wouldn't be that great, people won't get devo'd, sure, but those players that get x2 and run into the pvp map will be taking some really easy kills, since warping inside the pvp room doesn't get your buffs disabled. Oh and people will still team up, doesn't really matter if they are in the same party or not.

I like the idea, yet Ray has pretty much explained why it won't be as fun as you think. I do think they should add an event where no custom items are enabled (*cough* bring back Annihilation Event, it was fun*cough*)

Edited by Specter