Victoria

Emperium Testing Room

This idea belongs to Tatels

knWo8v9.gif

As the title says, we would like to bump the Emperium Testing Room suggestion

Before explaining it, here are the links to the suggestions before:

http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/topic/30610-breaker-tester/

http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/topic/21656-practicing-breaking/

http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/topic/30297-emperium-breaking-test-room/?hl=break

http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/topic/27000-can-i-have-a-suggestions-can-we-have-a-room-that-can-practice-breaking-emp/page-4?hl=breakin

"Why would you need an Emperium Testing Room? You can just test on skeggiolds"

This is not merely just a testing room wherein you test your damage, it will record your time on how fast you can break

So if your time is lower than those whom tested it before you, then you'll have an idea to do something about your build

The NPC will be called "Emperium Testing Room" with any of these NPC sprites

#1YsWieVL.png #2 x3CpOrD.png #3 78DmyIQ.png #42hemBPg.png

(My favorite would be number 4)

The NPC will have these options

Testing Room

Check the breaking record

Back

After choosing the "Check the breaking record" option, there will be a list of the top 30

fastest breaker with their corresponding time for breaking the emperium

After choosing the option "Testing Room" there will be 5 rooms

if someone is already occupying the room, it will say [occupied], but you can choose those that are [vacant]

After choosing a vacant room, you will be warped to that testing room wherein there will be an NPC (Emperium Summoner)

Emperium Summoner

IwAdb3p.png

The Emperium Summoner has three options

Summon Emperium

Stop Time

Leave

If you choose the "Summon Emperium" option then the Emperium will be summoned on the center of the map

Once the Emperium has been summoned, the timer will start

You can talk to the NPC again either to stop time or leave

And that's it! What we lack is the testing room itself, if any of you would like to suggest

a small square/circle room that will be perfect as a testing room, feel free to suggest so

We will credit you for it :th_ok:

And I have read about the threads that has the same idea as this one, but I am bumping it up again

and putting a more detailed example. As some said, why would we need an emp testing room?

It would only lessen up the thrill of WoE and would rarely be used.

(Who says you can only use SinX for breaking anyways? I broke the emp once using my Gypsy)

If that is so, then we can turn this into just a Testing Room wherein there will be summoned

monsters with reducs, with high vit def, low vit def, different propertiesarrow-10x10.png and such.

(If you are afraid for your build to spread, then you can disagree on this part

but there are also good things with these testing rooms, you can now

test if the weapon effects that you have or the gears you

are wearing needs to have a boost or needs to

be changed in a certain way.)

Plus, no need to argue because Genesis said that he will be working on it

I only gave the details needed for it and made the new people

aware of the possible changes

This won't benefit me in any way, even if they deliberated it again

and thought that they don't want it to get implemented

that is fine with me

if it still does get implemented

that is fine with me also

whichever will make the server happy

is fine with me

Edited by Victoria
  • Like 1

I know two ways of computing the highest possible damage you can get. One is knowing the card stacking and the other one is trying your combo cards on skeggiolds (Just dont put str and don't use EDP, just equip your weapon with cards, fbh, and gloom, so your damage will not go the maximum display damage of 32767 or 32766 for assassin)

"Why would you need an Emperium Testing Room? You can just test on skeggiolds"

This is not merely just a testing room wherein you test your damage, it will record your time on how fast you can break

So if your time is lower than those whom tested it before you, then you'll have an idea to do something about your build

^ If you break slower than the others, that doesn't really require you to do something about your build. One factor is when you use thanatos. Your damage will go high and go low. If you are lucky enough and your damage is all high, then that will make your breaking time faster. The second factor is double attack. It's also a chance. So the luckier you are on double attack, the faster you can break the emperium.

-1 for this

i totally agree to this. but of course we have to view different angles.

1. Bragging Rights for all pro breakers.

2. people will have precise breaking time

3. apparently, thana price would go up.

but still, id be happy to know if im an effective breaker myself. :)

:th_ok: :th_ok:

I know two ways of computing the highest possible damage you can get. One is knowing the card stacking and the other one is trying your combo cards on skeggiolds (Just dont put str and don't use EDP, just equip your weapon with cards, fbh, and gloom, so your damage will not go the maximum display damage of 32767 or 32766 for assassin)

^ If you break slower than the others, that doesn't really require you to do something about your build. One factor is when you use thanatos. Your damage will go high and go low. If you are lucky enough and your damage is all high, then that will make your breaking time faster. The second factor is double attack. It's also a chance. So the luckier you are on double attack, the faster you can break the emperium.

-1 for this

I WAS a breaker back then, but I never used Thanatos on my weapon (Too poor for that). Can you elaborate your point more?

So using Thanatos is kinda risky while breaking since it can go high and high and high, but it can also go low and low and low. Therefore your breaking time will be slower when the damage your thana gives is all low, making you unable to break the emp on WoE.

People can probably think of another way around, like doing a constant damage that will be of the average, not high and not low in that case they won't say they got lucky because their weapon got all high damage, they were lucky because they made the right choice to balance their damage (perhaps the weapon can still deal a little high but the damage is constant) and one way to find out is through the Emperium Testing Room.

I am actually 50 50 on this suggestion, so whatever result may occur, is okay with me. If it doesn't get implemented, then they would probably appreciate it if you or someone else could give a guide about testing their damage on Emperium-like monsters, in that way they won't get upset over something like this, but they just received a new way for them to be able to grow as a breaker :th_ok:

simple if the server aint hiding anything show it.. if you are sincere show it.. if you are fair show it.. in time people will see the real thing thats happening in the game.. and in return you get the more people.. show how sincere you are.. hue hue

+1 on this

Btw, the server is fair whether the server hides or shows the real things happening in game. On the first place, if you don't know the real things happening in game, of course everyone else also don't know. If some people know something that others do not, well, it's probably a theory(maybe true or not). They just applied their basic knowledge about ragnarok. Also, almost all information are available online.

How to last hit the emperium? Well, it depends on your equipment, especially your weapon cards, and luck. If everyone else knows the highest damage combo cards, then breaking will be no fun at all. Every breaker will shift to the same cards. What will be the battle then? Well, "luck".

As always, I would say no to an emp testing room, nor to the emp showing its hp.

People think it would help new guys, but it really would not.

For one thing, like what the other people said, who are more involved in breaking than I am, it would take out the fun in breaking. Everyone will be running the same damned thing, instead of having them testing every card there is and see if it works well in WoE.

Like iPoor said above me, every information you need is out there, you just need research. The only thing that changed with our server's emperium is the HP, everything else is the same. I still do not get why people are still scrambling for more information about it when it is out there.

There is no reason to make a separate room for breakers only to test since we have WoE every week, test it out there yourself. There are also some breaking guides out there that will point you in a right direction, without giving out every little detail about it. Those details are out there for you to discover.

I made a comprehensive guide for biochemists. Even with all the info I put in there, I still leave out a few things that I know people will get once they play the class. With all the theory crafting I did on that guide for the hybrid stat build, did I ask for a "Biochemist testing room" where I can just have a dummy and put stats in it and see how will that play out on my damage? No, what I did is I hit everybody in for_fild when I was testing. There are a lot of numbers that I have to test before I land on a build(what matk would be needed against someone with high mdef, how much str would be needed to hit a minimum 20k mammonite, how much str and int can I squeeze in while having decent hp on a hybrid build etc) and that is on damage alone. And I had to test it against all classes, with different gear setups and stat build. The emperium only has one, it is really not that hard to test every WoE and come up with a build that works for you.

Theory crafting on a build is fun for me, the same could be said for the breakers out there who kept on testing card builds and setups to see which works. Do not take the fun out of breaking for them.

I don't care either way. Every breaker who spends some time on his build can see the effect in a couple of woe and adjust the build accordingly. This is a process that doesn't take a lot of time and should be finished after a couple of months. For any more refinement it's really just spending more time and making/using a automated calculator.

Builds will be shared in a guild anyway so if only one person has the best build in that guild everyone will have it. The ideal build spreads extremely fast like that anyway just because people share information. Having emp room will most likely not change the existing builds a lot, because people already know from experience what build to use.

Not really ...each player had their own ... unique built... not all will share out among their guildies and stuff.... each breaker had different style and stuff... now days among 100 breaker = 100 different built and dmg .... if emp testing room exist .... 100 breaker = 100 same built and dmg... it just spoilt the game

Not really ...each player had their own ... unique built... not all will share out among their guildies and stuff.... each breaker had different style and stuff... now days among 100 breaker = 100 different built and dmg .... if emp testing room exist .... 100 breaker = 100 same built and dmg... it just spoilt the game

This certain system might spoil a few secrets, but I disagree with having one single type of breaker. It's not as if every breaker can afford thana, they will be forced to use another build and also do remember that your gears will also affect your damage not just your cards.

I love how this idea is still being argued upon, I am seeing points from both sides but I am still 50 50 with this suggestion

Edit: Recolored

Edited by Victoria

well .. its the same ... either u be a thana breaker .. all thana breaker will try get the fastest speed.. there is only 1 type of thana built with that ... if 100 thana breaker breaks in 34 sec = all their built are same ... sama as IP / crit type of breaker.. it will reunite all their type's and combo's.....

same as crit / ip .... what i mean is .. now u have thana / crit / ip.... but all their built is versatile no one is the same.. some might be but at least there is like prob 50~70 ppl using different gears/cards/combo/stats ..... if u had that room in the end .. u only will have 3 types of breaking ... either u break with thana = one timing with crit = one timing or ip = one timing ...everyone will be using the same fastest breaking time gear/cards/combo's.... but for now no one knows who had the best gear and types .. everyone just assumes that the one getting the most of those last critical breaks ( contested not free castle ) are using the best combo's and stuff..... it makes everybody try to find the combo...

PS: there is no such thing as a suck breaker or a pro breaker .... there are just lazy breakers~~~

Edited by mmband

well .. its the same ... either u be a thana breaker .. all thana breaker will try get the fastest speed.. there is only 1 type of thana built with that ... if 100 thana breaker breaks in 34 sec = all their built are same ... sama as IP / crit type of breaker.. it will reunite all their type's and combo's.....

same as crit / ip .... what i mean is .. now u have thana / crit / ip.... but all their built is versatile no one is the same.. some might be but at least there is like prob 50~70 ppl using different gears/cards/combo/stats ..... if u had that room in the end .. u only will have 3 types of breaking ... either u break with thana = one timing with crit = one timing or ip = one timing ...everyone will be using the same fastest breaking time gear/cards/combo's.... but for now no one knows who had the best gear and types .. everyone just assumes that the one getting the most of those last critical breaks ( contested not free castle ) are using the best combo's and stuff..... it makes everybody try to find the combo...

PS: there is no such thing as a suck breaker or a pro breaker .... there are just lazy breakers~~~

We cannot be so sure that no one is the same right now, We have breaker guides out there that was released years ago, I saw a few breakers with their cards and I would say that they are somehow the same with the others (I am talking about crit type breakers). Some might just even be acting like they are different though they are not. The negative outcome of having this system is in fact having those players who really have "secrets" revealed.

Also, Carlo~ pointed out that Thana users can inflict high and low damages, therefore their time of breaking the emp won't be consistent, it will be on pure luck.

Note: If many of you are afraid to get your "secrets" revealed, perhaps making a guide on how to test your breaking damage would be another solution. If you won't and you think that it will still reveal your secrets, then I'll do some research and do it myself

Edited by Victoria

My only problem here is that the community is starting to become lazy. Everyone is just waiting for a guide to come up, instead of testing themselves. It is not that hard to test your damage. The laziness comes in when they do not want to do the math to get their exact damage, as the maximum damage that can be shown is around 32k. iPoor above already said it anyway, all they have to do is try it out.

My only problem here is that the community is starting to become lazy. Everyone is just waiting for a guide to come up, instead of testing themselves. It is not that hard to test your damage. The laziness comes in when they do not want to do the math to get their exact damage, as the maximum damage that can be shown is around 32k. iPoor above already said it anyway, all they have to do is try it out.

hahaha i totally agree. maybe they are just tired doing math? we have here a card stacking guide, all they have to do is follow the instruction, add, and multiply, and viola you have your damage percentage. hehe

This is something that people can actually do in game already. They just have to test themselves.

One of the reasons I oppose on making one room for testing is that there are other things that needs to be done first, since this one should not be a priority since you can replicate it in game by testing on monsters.

Gunslingers need variety in their weapons, star gladiators needs to be reviewed,and Wizards and soul linkers need hp buffs,

Gunslingers need variety in their weapons, star gladiators needs to be reviewed,and Wizards and soul linkers need hp buffs, - ray

Agreed with ray ...... there is so many good class out there that is out shined by the community that need a rebuff and fix...

We cannot be so sure that no one is the same right now, We have breaker guides out there that was released years ago, I saw a few breakers with their cards and I would say that they are somehow the same with the others (I am talking about crit type breakers). Some might just even be acting like they are different though they are not. The negative outcome of having this system is in fact having those players who really have "secrets" revealed. - victoria

I know you love to help the community and help people ....but helps always had it's own limitation...games is about who put's in the best effort in training . learning . trying . stand up and improvise after u die to be good ..... but like u said there are tons of free guide's out there that share the basics of how to built a breaker .. what are the cards .... how to test your dmg ... how to calculate card stacks etc etc .... the foundation is always there to teach people how to break .....

Now they just need to be creative and improvise as they play along ... The gears will forever be the same (unless new release gear) ... the cards will forever be the same bunch/stack ... what makes breaking fun "for the ppl who put in effort in breaking" is not because ur name appear when u break an EMP .. its because you put in effort to think of the most funny combo card u can't imagine putting and it works for you.... ask those people who break for a while now .. how many 10 thousand times they switch combos after combos just to find that 1/2 combo that suits himself the most.... i rmb sitting with ma guild leader and friends just testing talking trying for hours to try and find combo's and its fun...

Gunslingers need variety in their weapons, star gladiators needs to be reviewed,and Wizards and soul linkers need hp buffs, - ray

Agreed with ray ...... there is so many good class out there that is out shined by the community that need a rebuff and fix...

We cannot be so sure that no one is the same right now, We have breaker guides out there that was released years ago, I saw a few breakers with their cards and I would say that they are somehow the same with the others (I am talking about crit type breakers). Some might just even be acting like they are different though they are not. The negative outcome of having this system is in fact having those players who really have "secrets" revealed. - victoria

I know you love to help the community and help people ....but helps always had it's own limitation...games is about who put's in the best effort in training . learning . trying . stand up and improvise after u die to be good ..... but like u said there are tons of free guide's out there that share the basics of how to built a breaker .. what are the cards .... how to test your dmg ... how to calculate card stacks etc etc .... the foundation is always there to teach people how to break .....

Now they just need to be creative and improvise as they play along ... The gears will forever be the same (unless new release gear) ... the cards will forever be the same bunch/stack ... what makes breaking fun "for the ppl who put in effort in breaking" is not because ur name appear when u break an EMP .. its because you put in effort to think of the most funny combo card u can't imagine putting and it works for you.... ask those people who break for a while now .. how many 10 thousand times they switch combos after combos just to find that 1/2 combo that suits himself the most.... i rmb sitting with ma guild leader and friends just testing talking trying for hours to try and find combo's and its fun...

What do you mean by help has limitations? Am I right to think that my opinions/help is somehow not needed?

If it is somehow related to me making a guide, I am not gonna teach about what cards to use and such. The guide will be all about where and how to test your damage, probably a link to the the RMS calculator, a link to the "Card Stacking Guide" made by Noireth and such. I will be doing it so if someone requests for one.

What I was trying to imply on my last reply is that your perception of all breakers having different builds is not a fact but just a mere OPINION.

I know what you are trying to say. After all the research I did while reading the other similar suggestions, that would be the most common reason for disagreeing with this system.

With the job fixes, I think it would somehow be easier to implement rather than this one because this certain system will need scripting/coding, and once it's up, there will probably be bugs which will need to be fixed, unlike the class nerfs which will need testing but will somehow be faster to finish.

Edited by Victoria