Royals™

Star Glad

ok thru the years there has been suggestions on ways to give this class a share of the spotlight but still i think this class is too underrated.

so here are some suggestions some may be mentioned before so don't hate me >.<

• A way to reset hatred/opposition so we are not limited to 3 opponents npc reseter is fine with me like the feeling reset
  • An item that can let us use soul link maybe an accessory, a custom card or a weapon that gives Soul Link skill for self casting
  • Lower delay on running skill after doing fsk
  • And lastly, better HP

Well the first one that should be fixed is the Running>FSK delay. I can live without the hatred reset honestly, so that could be the least one.

imo it should be fixed in this order(if it cannot be fixed all in one go)

1. FSK Delay

2. item for soul link

3. HP

4. Hatred reset

Any order is fine by me just hope something happens. Also, would it hurt if we give specific dmg boost to skills like roundhouse, counter, etc too make variations on build it seems like other people only wants to make a 1 hit wonder out of fsk, Starglad/Ranker class skill set is very interesting IMO..

The kicks only work with ranker as they can chain it, not with star gladiator.

well, i would say that the most hindering is the delay on FSK, so I rank it up first. the others are mainly for convenience purposes, but the delay on running > fsk really hits your DPS.

true. so there it is we got some solid suggestions for the Star Gladiator Class

• Mainly FSK delay
  • Soul Link Item
  • Higher HP
  • Hatred Reset

Now we wait for GM's input

I'm really dubious about removing the delay on FSK, as this was done deliberately to prevent people from abusing a bug with the skill. An item that allows you to soul link, we could look into doing, as well as an HP boost. IIRC, there's a reason we don't have hatred reset but I'll have to confirm it with Genesis.

I'm really dubious about removing the delay on FSK, as this was done deliberately to prevent people from abusing a bug with the skill. An item that allows you to soul link, we could look into doing, as well as an HP boost. IIRC, there's a reason we don't have hatred reset but I'll have to confirm it with Genesis.

Is the bug you are talking about here is when the "running" status gets stuck and FSK gets the bonus even without Running? Because if it is, I don't really think putting the delay on FSK and running actually helped. In fact, it hit those people who actually play legit. If it is not, then please enlighten me on what bug is that without saying too much info(so that others won't reproduce it)

BUMP!

Is the bug you are talking about here is when the "running" status gets stuck and FSK gets the bonus even without Running? Because if it is, I don't really think putting the delay on FSK and running actually helped. In fact, it hit those people who actually play legit. If it is not, then please enlighten me on what bug is that without saying too much info(so that others won't reproduce it)

I'm pretty sure it is that "Running" bug. Lots of people has been abusing it in the past and until now the bug still do exist. Oh and lastly +1 to this thread man Star Glads needs some loving. Maybe one day they'll make a Star Glad Valk Weap who knows. :D HP wise as of right now it is way too low and the dps is good enough but you die very quickly.

What they should fix is the buff about the sun, moon, and the star. We should be able to get access to all those 3 anytime since the buffs only last a minute and not base if off the server time. I'm pretty sure that's an easy fix.

More people should support this so Star Glad will rise again in the pvp world.

BUMP!

I'm pretty sure it is that "Running" bug. Lots of people has been abusing it in the past and until now the bug still do exist. Oh and lastly +1 to this thread man Star Glads needs some loving. Maybe one day they'll make a Star Glad Valk Weap who knows. :D HP wise as of right now it is way too low and the dps is good enough but you die very quickly.

What they should fix is the buff about the sun, moon, and the star. We should be able to get access to all those 3 anytime since the buffs only last a minute and not base if off the server time. I'm pretty sure that's an easy fix.

More people should support this so Star Glad will rise again in the pvp world.

If it is that running bug, then really putting delays between FSK and running won't really matter right?

I really do agree with these suggestions, this class should be played equally as much as the common classes do eg. sniper, champion etc. because seeing the usual characters being played by almost ALL the players in this server doesn't add much to the variety of the game play in this server, just remember that players has a variety of personalities as well as their tastes in choosing the characters they want to "role play", which is just one of the main reasons why players play role playing games. I hope this gets approved, i really like this server and always ready to help it grow.

If it is that running bug, then really putting delays between FSK and running won't really matter right?

Exactly, because you can still spam FSK boosted since you're always under the effect of sprint...Basically the delay doesn't do anything except on legit player.

And about the link item, remember that union = inca effect and that is too OP for the classes to have it, is better if it keep like it is, you want link? make a self-buffer, remember also other classes that relay on link, could suggest that they want to get link on their weapon like SinX kitty claw to get the delay...Wizard on their higness so they can reflect with crystal fragments...

Exactly, because you can still spam FSK boosted since you're always under the effect of sprint...Basically the delay doesn't do anything except on legit player.

And about the link item, remember that union = inca effect and that is too OP for the classes to have it, is better if it keep like it is, you want link? make a self-buffer, remember also other classes that relay on link, could suggest that they want to get link on their weapon like SinX kitty claw to get the delay...Wizard on their higness so they can reflect with crystal fragments...

There is a big difference between union and inca though, incant cannot be dispelled. As Star glads do not have valk weapons(and would actually lower their own damage if they do use a weapon), the soul link matter a lot as it is so easy to dispel and make a star glad useless. If the Union cannot be dispelled, I would agree to just make your own buffer, but that also means you are screwed in events. That is why having a consumable item that gives soul link is better, since it will just act like a converter.

There is a big difference between union and inca though, incant cannot be dispelled. As Star glads do not have valk weapons(and would actually lower their own damage if they do use a weapon), the soul link matter a lot as it is so easy to dispel and make a star glad useless. If the Union cannot be dispelled, I would agree to just make your own buffer, but that also means you are screwed in events. That is why having a consumable item that gives soul link is better, since it will just act like a converter

If SG get the skill enabled in an item, other classes would suggest it to have it, yea can be dispelled but same as WS get dispelled and lose all the damage he get, or when your element get dispelled as well, you can re-buff but can as-well get dispelled again, and so on, so the answer is use GTB to avoid that, could be risky but if you want to keep your buff, something need to be done.

A better option could be make a Valkyrie weapon (or legendary) for them rather than give them another skill.

If SG get the skill enabled in an item, other classes would suggest it to have it, yea can be dispelled but same as WS get dispelled and lose all the damage he get, or when your element get dispelled as well, you can re-buff but can as-well get dispelled again, and so on, so the answer is use GTB to avoid that, could be risky but if you want to keep your buff, something need to be done.

A better option could be make a Valkyrie weapon (or legendary) for them rather than give them another skill.

Again, not the same as WS since WS can just recast his buffs, while an SG can not recast Union if he does not have soul link, which he cannot cast himself(unlike WS who can casts his own buffs).

Another thing to add is that giving weapons to SG will lower their damage as they no longer get the bonus from Running and cannot cast the Spurt status (using running and using the skill again to stop running instantly to receive the buff). Not having the Spurt status will make Tumbling not dodge melee attacks(which kinda helps since Star Glads have crappy HP). While having a weapon might actually help on other things, it will actually give a bit of disadvantage unlike other classes, as SG does not play the same, while actually just giving SGs an item to cast soul link would solve most of their problems aside from their crappy hp and the delay on FSK and they can just resort to one of the 3 slotted elemental books when needed(like using thana for example).

Other classes does not need soul link as much as SG does, most of them can fight without soul link atm, it is more of a luxury to them. The only class I can think of that needs soul link to pvp well is Holy Light Priest, but at least those priests are not affected by valk randgris dispel because they do not melee.

Again, not the same as WS since WS can just recast his buffs, while an SG can not recast Union if he does not have soul link, which he cannot cast himself(unlike WS who can casts his own buffs).

Just bindkey a GTB, in case you see a Sage or might get dispelled, you will get tons of damage, but same as other class does to prevent get dispelled, if you doesn't have link avaible, then retreat.

Another thing to add is that giving weapons to SG will lower their damage as they no longer get the bonus from Running and cannot cast the Spurt status (using running and using the skill again to stop running instantly to receive the buff). Not having the Spurt status will make Tumbling not dodge melee attacks(which kinda helps since Star Glads have crappy HP). While having a weapon might actually help on other things, it will actually give a bit of disadvantage unlike other classes, as SG does not play the same, while actually just giving SGs an item to cast soul link would solve most of their problems aside from their crappy hp and the delay on FSK and they can just resort to one of the 3 slotted elemental books when needed(like using thana for example).

The sprurt bonus can be given easily on a weapon (just add +10 STR and +100% kick damage), also the tumbling skill is an active, it dodge either ranged/melee/magic as soon you use it, this mean with or without weapon you can still benefit of it.

Other classes does not need soul link as much as SG does, most of them can fight without soul link atm, it is more of a luxury to them. The only class I can think of that needs soul link to pvp well is Holy Light Priest, but at least those priests are not affected by valk randgris dispel because they do not melee.

I said will suggest it and gave some example, but stalker link is another class that would like to play with 24/7 link, also valkyrie randgris trigger if you get melee attack, so can get dispelled too.

---

Also I agreed if going to give them, at least be a consumable; Or make a weapon so can use Inca without sacrificing the bonus you get from being unarmed.

Just bindkey a GTB, in case you see a Sage or might get dispelled, you will get tons of damage, but same as other class does to prevent get dispelled, if you doesn't have link avaible, then retreat.

The sprurt bonus can be given easily on a weapon (just add +10 STR and +100% kick damage), also the tumbling skill is an active, it dodge either ranged/melee/magic as soon you use it, this mean with or without weapon you can still benefit of it.

I said will suggest it and gave some example, but stalker link is another class that would like to play with 24/7 link, also valkyrie randgris trigger if you get melee attack, so can get dispelled too.

---

Also I agreed if going to give them, at least be a consumable; Or make a weapon so can use Inca without sacrificing the bonus you get from being unarmed.

1. You can't gtb against everyone. Most of the time I got dispelled, it is not from a sage, but from valk randgris. And I dispelled myself technically(enemy has friggs shield for that bit of reflect, has valk randgris on weapon. I attack, i get dispelled. Again, other classes can fight after getting dispelled, star gladiators cannot since union is removed. unless they have a thana, then that's the only time.

2. You must not have used star gladiators or taekwons. Tumbling only evades ranged and it is not an active, it is a toggled buff.. The only moment it evades melee is if the spurt status is active(hence I do not use the spurt status on my reflect soul linker).

3. Stalker soul link makes your stalker buffs not affected by dispel dude.

1- They can still fight, you just need to find another way as your example, what if a HL priest get dispelled? He will have to change it tactic in order to fight, so get dispelled is not such problem to add an item in order to keep fighting...

2- I recommend you to check that out :p!

3- Make you unaffected by dispell and buff you up every time, yea, like is nothing, and once again, I used some example of class that if they can get link every time and just will end making the SL class more useless at is.

Edited by Desamor

1- They can still fight, you just need to find another way as your example, what if a HL priest get dispelled? He will have to change it tactic in order to fight, so get dispelled is not such problem to add an item in order to keep fighting...

2- I recommend you to check that out :p!

3- Make you unaffected by dispell and buff you up every time, yea, like is nothing, and once again, I used some example of class that if they can get link every time and just will end making the SL class more useless at is.

1. HL priest only gets dispelled most of the time if a prof is present via dispel, and he can easily gtb on that the moment a prof shows up. Star Glads however gets dispelled when attacking someone with valk randgris. Huge difference if you ask me. And with star gladiator skill set, lack of weapon, lack of damaging skills and a bunch of useless kick skills, there isn't much you can do.

2. http://irowiki.org/wiki/Tumbling

3. Soul link on stalker is pretty much a luxury, it isn't needed to play the class. Comparing again to star gladiator, you are a sitting duck once union gets dispelled.

If we get a valk weapon, it probably all wouldn't matter(except the running + FSK delay and loss of spurt status). But I don't see it happening any time soon, as star gladiator is hard to balance in terms of damage. And I seriously doubt they will make union castable without link too because that would be too OP. I'd pretty much rather have a consumable, at least that has a limit.

1- Only a few people use valkyrie randrgris on their weapon, and you can use GTB before you attack someone to check if he is using it or not, then swap to reduction shield again.

2- RMS and Server

3- Even if is a luxury, still a good benefits, in some classes and if a SG get it, why not.

----

Is better a Valkyrie weapon, because if you make an item to be able to cast union, why not make the weapon itselt. Also with a weapon you can add more things like damage increase and HP bonus...But both option are GM option availability tho'.

Edited by Desamor

Soul linker need some <3... every class gets better and better except SL cuz ther arent much SL in server compare to other class.. but this need some nerf too for that small community that plays~~~

Soul linker need some <3... every class gets better and better except SL cuz ther arent much SL in server compare to other class.. but this need some nerf too for that small community that plays~~~

The only thing missing from soul linker is hp tho, star glads have a whole lot of problems.