nercuitx

Gs Spam Nerf Made The Class Mediocre And Somehow Killed The Class Itself

How the nerf affected the class in terms of damage?

- The nerf of gs spam 80% cap, now what it does is it reduce it's damage input in terms of delivering damage efficiently.

- The class is considered Glass canon, However due to its nerf it became mediocre comparing to other class such as sniper.

How it affects the community and the class usage?

- I've asked people about gs class, they all said the same thing. "That its weak due to nerf" and considered mediocre because of it, it is greatly unplayed.

- Less opportunity in market in terms of buying gs items since it is not widely played and people mostly likely don't buy gs items in token shop.

(Economically)

- Somehow only some of the people who enjoys playing it and people who has passion plays the class regardless of its nerf.

(observation and interviewing)

Uplifting the 80% cap spam will provide opportunity for it to be use, as well as be often use in pvp lineups in pvp, gvg, woe and br (Generally)

it also provides that extra spice in team compositions and make things much more interesting. Because i love this class that i am willing to do anything for it to back to its glory full days. Hoping for your kind considerations. Thank you!

Edited by nercuitx
  • Like 1

I cant say GS class is dead because i still see effective GS around...

Magic strings isn't always present, more like rarely present. Desperado isn't very spammable and can possible just walk away in its range. Other classes already are so buff up due to such items providence. Gs are supposed to be glass canon very high in damage and easily killed.

even without magic strings i see them playing gs decently... cuz they have their playstyles. not just mindlessly spamming and hoping for the best that the enemy dies..

Here's the thing, Desperado is kinda on RNG side. It randomly hits 1-10 per cast, which makes it seem kinda weak with the 80% maximum spam(it was actually less than that before, it was around 70% originally I believe). However, adding that it is on the RNG side, putting back it's original spam will make it so that the RNG part of the skill is irrelevant and then will make the skill OP(the spam was so fast that it could drop people faster than some SB SinX, and it is AoE). I used GS with legendary stuff way before the delays are in place, it was a mindless class to use. All you had to do is walk up to people and spam desperado and you will net a few kills. In fact, it was one of the most boring ways to play a class ever in my experience, it was as boring as a sniper spamming FAS and not using traps. It was so mindless that there were a few times that I cleared fild by just having a pally with legendary gears and my GS on legendary gears, have ship captain on and use evil druid armor and just spam. Put in a thana in there and it was way easier.

I am pretty sure the delays will not be removed, just as the delays on other classes will not be removed as well. As I always say before, what we need is new weapons for gunslingers, not delay removal. Either that or we test for an increase in damage of desperado wherein it will compensate the delay a bit for people with legendary and vote stuff, but the damage will not be so huge to those who are fully geared and has thana.

Bottomline is that the delays were put for a reason, it's not like Genesis or Veracity plays in the server and got killed by a GS so they "nerfed" it.

Edited by Rayray

I don't really feel like the 80% cap bothering, since Desperado even w/o Thanatos hits on 8-10k per hit.
And if you can dual client or have a friend who plays clown, just ask him/her to give you MS.

I used to play GS which was nice yet boring due to the fact that Despe is your only offensive ability. :/

Rapid Shower is the one bothering if we're talking delays though.

in addition to what ray said, gunslingers needs rifles, machine gun, cause atm its just despe all day long.

and gs is not a glass canon, a wiz is what i consider a glass canon. but it has its greatest counter gtb.

theres so many gs who nets 200k hp with 1 tao unlike wiz.

GS needs variety as it has skills not only for pistols but also for other type of weapons. so why not make use of that instead.

• Like 1

GS needs variety as it has skills not only for pistols but also for other type of weapons. so why not make use of that instead.

Me and a friend already suggested additional weapons for Gunslingers last September. Nothing much happened to it after it got reviewed by Gen.

• Like 1

Me and a friend already suggested additional weapons for Gunslingers last September. Nothing much happened to it after it got reviewed by Gen.

I seriously agree on the variety part since GS , in my point of view, doesn't give you much of a choice in terms of combat ability. Desperado or Rapid Shower? The only choices u have xD

I seriously agree on the variety part since GS , in my point of view, doesn't give you much of a choice in terms of combat ability. Desperado or Rapid Shower? The only choices u have xD

Variety is a necessity in fRO in my opinion, considering how few classes RO itself has + 2nd Transcendant is the highest job we can reach.

I disagree with reverting the cooldown changes, however I do agree with adding different custom guns aside from the current pistols.

Exactly. The problem that most people do not get is that the skills of GS are very good in low rate, but becomes near obsolete in high rates(tracking is a nice example). Which is why it is so hard to create custom weapons for them aside from the pistols.

I disagree with reverting the cooldown changes, however I do agree with adding different custom guns aside from the current pistols.

Yea variety for gs :D well i still played gs. altho delays cap at 80% are still OP