Yatogami

Yatosl's Soul Linker Guide

-YatoSL's Soul Linker Guide-

25f6ovq.jpg

Since there is no guide for SL, I thought, why not make one? It's my first time to make a guide so please if there are any mistakes or concerns please let me know. I'll be teaching the basic card and stat builds for PvE/MvP for those who want to try.

What is a Soul Linker?

Soul Linkers give up the ways of TaeKwon Do in order to develop and refine their spiritual powers. Calling upon the power of their ancestors, they can use various Spirit Link skills to enhance the abilities of other players as well as use fancy looking offensive and defensive magic.

Soul Linkers, despite their base being a melee class, are magic casters. Compared to Wizards and Sages, their spells are severely limited on what they can be used on, however, thanks to Mild Wind they can use powerful Holy, Ghost, and Shadow magic attacks, something that Wizards & Sages don't have. Depending on their skill build they must sacrifice something in one aspect or the other of the game, limiting them to only PvE and PVP

They have relatively low HP, but better SP than average. Despite the high SP pool, their spells cost a lot of SP, so INT is often a high priority. On the other hand, many skills do not have extensive cast times (usually at higher levels), resulting in a lower need for DEX compared to other magic-using classes.

A unique thing about Soul Linkers is that they are naturally immune to Dispell.

(Source:iRO wiki)

-Lets Start with stats-

MvP/PvE

(Note: You can play around with your Vit and Str if you think it is needed. I'm posting the Build I have.)

Str: 80 to carry them seeds

Agi: ASPD doesn't have to be 195. I set mine at 192 so I can alot stat points to others

Vit: 20 Don't worry about having low HP because you will have def and Ka- skills to save you

(Regarding the stuns, I don't really mind them since SL is tough enough to survive. This is just a personal choice. Up to you if you want higher vit to be immune to stuns)

Int: 300 (To get the full damage of your Esma)

Dex: Total 150 since no cast is fixed in this server

Luk: 1 unless you gonna break an emp :th_heh:

PvP

Str: around total of 50

Agi: 195 for the spam

Vit: place the rest of your stats here

Int: Around 270 - 280

Dex: Total 150 for no cast

Luk: 1

-Gears and Cards-

Fknight/Fking/VoteKing will do :D

MvP/PvE Build

(+10 your gears for def)

Headgears: Striking Headgear, Valk Helm or Expa Hat, Any Legandary Aura, and Balloon, Rucksack, Vote Cape or Curse Ring with 3 kiels and High Wiz Card

Armors: Hatii/Ktullanux/Puppetring and High Priest Card and if possible Forsaken Raider Card

Weapon: Soul Linker Highness Staff or Legendary Soul Linker Staff and put 2 bombring cards and 2 doppelganger(reason for this is to use less stats on agi) :th_no1:

Shield: Fknight/Fking/VoteKing with GTB

Cloak: 2 Deviling, 2 Raydric and 1 Deviling/Raydric + Hollowring

Boots: 2 Fallen Bishop Hibram cards

Accessories: 2 Int Gaunts/Belts or Urds with Int Runes if you have

-Skills-

-All the links so you can support your friends or party

-Warm Wind make sure you get 1 of each element in your hot key bar

cause this will be very useful to you

-Tumbling 20% chance of dodging an enemy ranged physical or magic attacks

Ka- Skills (Buffs)

-Kaizel When you die, you are immidiately resurrected with a 2 second Kyrie Eleison Buff

-Kaahi While this buff lasts, every time you are successfully attacked (skill attacks are not affected), it takes 5*SkillLV SP and heals 200*SkillLV HP. If you receive many attacks in a short time, the skill heal you for the total of the attacks (up to the heal limit)

-Kaupe Allows you to absolutely evade an enemy attack. For AoE attacks, first hit is avoided

-Kaite Reflects all offensive magic except status magic (i.e Stone Curse)

Es-Skills (Offensive Skills)

(Note: You need to use Estin/Estun/Eske before you can use Esma)

"Es" type magic can only be used on monsters. If it is used on a player character, nothing happens and the caster will be stunned for 0.5 sec

-Estin Magical skill that attacks only Small monsters. The affected monster is pushed back by 2 cells. When this is used on monsters that are not Small, it will do nearly no damage, but it will push them back.

-Estun Magical skill that attacks only Medium monsters. The affected monster is stunned for 2 sec. When this is used on Small monsters it won't stun them, but it will do full damage.
-Eske Increases monster's ATK by +300%, but halves their DEF.
-Esma Strong Magic attack that changes its element depending on Warm Wind. This skill can also be used (within 3 seconds) after casting any kind of "Spirit"-type buffs.

PvP Build
Bolts and Stave Crasher are your primary offensive skills here. Spam them hard and remember to switch when needed
Headgear: Striking Headgear, Valk Helm or Expa Hat, Any Legandary Aura, and Balloon, Rucksack, Vote Cape or Curse Ring with 3 kiels with Maya P. or Fsold. If you have Kafra Hairband(obtainable from etoks in token trader) It will boost your damage.
Armors: GR/TGK and/or Double TGK (Personally I use 2 TGK because of the low HP pool. Please support my plea here 
Weapon: 3 L.SL Staff/SL Highness one with 4 kingrings and the other 2 Double TG, Inca/Thana, and Phreeoni for Stave Crasher
Shield: Usakoring. No need GTB because of Kaite. just spam Kaite to reflect the magic damage
Cloak: raydric and skoll
Boots: 2 FBH cards
Accessories: 2 Int Belts/Gaunts or 2 Urds with Siroma/Imp card

-Final Notes-

-Always check if your Kaizel is up because it'll be a huge help.

-It is always good to check what element is best against the boss you're fighting with

-Practice and get the right rhythm when spaming Estun and Esma because it will be very tiring if you keep spamming like bolts. :th_ok:

Thank you for taking the time to read my guide. Please tell me if there's anything else I should add to make this guide useful for everyone in fRO. :th_thx:

Credits to

XenoSL for introducing me to SL

Ohki for the raid guide. It gave me Ideas for this guide

I'll be posting Raid guides for SL when I get enough information :th_sry:

Edited by Yatogami
update
  • Like 3

I would like to point out some things myself.

1. Regarding your stats. You need at least 99 vit for you not to be affected by stun. having 20 vit with no TGK is suicidal even with Ka- skils

2. a minimum of 50 STR is actually ok already. You are not gonna be spamming seeds anyway as a SL. 300 int is too much imo.

3. The armor cards are nice on paper as they do random autocast skills, but those are rather unneeded if you can kill fast enough, and SL can. I would rather have TGK in there even in PVE situations

4. High priest card is unneeded imo. While assump is nice, your HP is not decent enough to make use of it. Tumbling is there to evade a lot of stuff and it is more reliable than assumptio

5. If you are doing PVE, using dual FBH is not always needed as it just gives 20% matk when you can put some stuff to increase your survivability. And INT foods can give you some matk if you really need it

6. I'd rather have imp/siroma cards than INT runes as MATK should be high enough to make Esma damage a lot, especially if you use warm wind. No need to get super high INT.

7. No mention of Osiris card? This is in direct relation to my number 2, it is why you won't really spam seeds in PVE and even on PVP at times.

8. I don't really think HWiz card is that useful but for PVE purposes, it might work. But your matk should be high enough anyway.

Keep in mind that what I wrote here is of personal opinion. I rather not fix my build solely on just one. This is a pvp server, hence I put the 99 vit minimum and TGK arguments thinking that if a player comes in and attacks me, I should be able to at least defend. Having 20 vit will leave you very vulnerable even with Ka- skills.

I would like to point out some things myself.

1. Regarding your stats. You need at least 99 vit for you not to be affected by stun. having 20 vit with no TGK is suicidal even with Ka- skils

2. a minimum of 50 STR is actually ok already. You are not gonna be spamming seeds anyway as a SL. 300 int is too much imo.

3. The armor cards are nice on paper as they do random autocast skills, but those are rather unneeded if you can kill fast enough, and SL can. I would rather have TGK in there even in PVE situations

4. High priest card is unneeded imo. While assump is nice, your HP is not decent enough to make use of it. Tumbling is there to evade a lot of stuff and it is more reliable than assumptio

5. If you are doing PVE, using dual FBH is not always needed as it just gives 20% matk when you can put some stuff to increase your survivability. And INT foods can give you some matk if you really need it

6. I'd rather have imp/siroma cards than INT runes as MATK should be high enough to make Esma damage a lot, especially if you use warm wind. No need to get super high INT.

7. No mention of Osiris card? This is in direct relation to my number 2, it is why you won't really spam seeds in PVE and even on PVP at times.

8. I don't really think HWiz card is that useful but for PVE purposes, it might work. But your matk should be high enough anyway.

Keep in mind that what I wrote here is of personal opinion. I rather not fix my build solely on just one. This is a pvp server, hence I put the 99 vit minimum and TGK arguments thinking that if a player comes in and attacks me, I should be able to at least defend. Having 20 vit will leave you very vulnerable even with Ka- skills.

Okay Wait lemme edit :D Thanks

I did mention its for MvP right?? I haven't posted for PVP yet lmao

Edited by kylegenesis

@Rayray your build is for what? PvE/MVP?? sorry for asking :D

Mostly general. Some bosses and mobs still can stun, so having vit of 20 will get you killed once you get mobbed.

There is no MVP/PVP stat build for SL; it is the same, the only thing that changes are cards you use.

Mostly general. Some bosses and mobs still can stun, so having vit of 20 will get you killed once you get mobbed.

There is no MVP/PVP stat build for SL; it is the same, the only thing that changes are cards you use.

total 99 vit for stun immunity?

Edited by kylegenesis

@Rayray Regarding the Hwiz card, I did tests so I proved the Hwiz is needed :th_no1: Theres a Huge difference in terms of damage, so why not go all out with Matk xDD

@Rayray Regarding the Hwiz card, I did tests so I proved the Hwiz is needed :th_no1: Theres a Huge difference in terms of damage, so why not go all out with Matk xDD

Well again mainly because I do not want one part of my build lacking. I can compensate the loss of HWiz cards with buffs and Foods so I mainly do not use it. But as I said, if you have it, then why not.

Hey guys! I updated the guide a bit and also added a PVP guide. Again If you want to try the PVP build, Don't say I didn't warn you about the low HP xDD I use SL for PVP most of the time and its fun to troll. Hope it helps :th_lv: :th_gawi:

Having OL card somewhere in one of the armors will actually help you in pvp if you know how to use the invulnerability frame after you get resurrected.

I will be looking forward to your Raid Guide, I never saw and hear about Soul Linkers doing some raids before, I could probably learn from you :th_ok: :th_no1: Keep up the good work!

I will be looking forward to your Raid Guide, I never saw and hear about Soul Linkers doing some raids before, I could probably learn from you :th_ok: :th_no1: Keep up the good work!

You haven't seen me do raids :D I'll take you along soon :th_e9: :th_heh: