WelcomeBack

It's Better To Bring Back The Thana Quest.

If the problem here is hoarding the thana room, It's better to bring back the Thanatos Room Quest so that it would be fair for EVERYONE to quest it after you can enter the room. :th_heh: :th_heh: :th_heh: :th_heh:

Nope its not fair just like what happen in the past I'm asure you lol. My friend will definetely hoard it again that way.

Try ask old player who already play when Thana still quested not like now.

Nope its not fair just like what happen in the past I'm asure you lol. My friend will definetely hoard it again that way.

They can removed the warping in Thanatos tower in order to player will doing the quest :th_ok:

I actually prefer the old way.

1. There is no indication on when thana was summoned, so not everyone has a gauge on when to try it again, they have to check everytime.

2. I did it and KSing is almost non existent. Simply because, I screenshot every step and if someone did KS, I report. If they got the card then, admins will take it from them and give it to the original summoner, that was the rule then.

I don't mind if they put it back and have a lower chance of getting thana from it, I definitely prefer it than our system now.

I'd still prefer seeing thana as a raidboss on a high cooldown raid. Something like one of the custom raids with many strong mobs and at the end a thana (maybe stronger version). That way the card is still hard to get, everyone can give it a try and value drops from higher obtainability for everyone.

The droprate might have to be matched accordingly though.

hmm the old one was replaced due to the ks issue i think, since theres always someone Ksing/Camping.

in line with this suggestion,
it is always the case on MVPs, not sure if the rule is who hit it last or who dealt most damage. so if it was to be brought back,

all i am suggesting even from long ago is that to allow the 1st player who hit the MvP get the drops so long as he dont die in the map.

at least it would be fair to the ones who saw MvPs 1st even he cant kill it, and in case of thana, the one who summoned it should be the only one that could get drops even if others KS.

though i like the idea of raids, theres a lot more cons than pros on that.

The current system is fine, though I think a big improvement would be to just hide the NPC while the room is Occupied, then appear when it's Open, which would force people to actually go through the dialog manually rather than just having it open up to the bot check so that all you have to do is smash enter when it opens ... but I made a whole 'nother thread about that, so .. :x

Edited by Ohki

like today, nothing seems changed in thanatos room players still hoard them 2-3 players hoared em and you know who you are, so i think this my suggestion is the best solution to this, limit the player from going in the room like 3-5 times a day only, an IP blocked or some sort of a system has to be made.Or the first player to click the npc can only go to the thana room, of course the system should restrict any 3rd party programs like auto clickers and stuff like that

Edited by theanother

The problem is that because this client isn't running harmony or any other third party program check anyone can make a WPE script just for thana and just set it to auto run when it's down to less than 30 seconds to enter and then they will have an almost fully secured win when it comes to thana. The issue isn't so much the lack of the quest itself but the fact that the same few people are running third party programs to monopolize on it(it's quite obvious that it's third party since they enter it instantly.) It sort of defeats the purpose of it. Although there's not much you can do since as I stated there's no check in the client to determine if someone is using third party programs.

The problem is that because this client isn't running harmony or any other third party program check anyone can make a WPE script just for thana and just set it to auto run when it's down to less than 30 seconds to enter and then they will have an almost fully secured win when it comes to thana. The issue isn't so much the lack of the quest itself but the fact that the same few people are running third party programs to monopolize on it(it's quite obvious that it's third party since they enter it instantly.) It sort of defeats the purpose of it. Although there's not much you can do since as I stated there's no check in the client to determine if someone is using third party programs.

It is pretty much easy to time if you know the exact time it opens and not depend on the broadcasts.

Plus counting down manually or having a stopwatch is beneficial. As Ohki said before, you can just insert all the information beforehand and smash that enter button to get in right at the time it opens and you're in.

WPE isn't required for it, but it is possible with it. For that there are several options to fix that issue and one of them is having packet encryption. That won't happen due to the client having to be updated and moving away from the current system that is used for implementing customs though. So in the end, Ohki's suggestion probably is a better option.

Ehh even if the NPC is hidden if someone is running WPE or some other program for it then it's going to be 10x faster than any human and they will get in regardless. The same thing happened with the quest. People would use a bot sniper and auto warp to the crests to instantly type the fragments and summon it then kill it in under a second.

Ehh even if the NPC is hidden if someone is running WPE or some other program for it then it's going to be 10x faster than any human and they will get in regardless. The same thing happened with the quest. People would use a bot sniper and auto warp to the crests to instantly type the fragments and summon it then kill it in under a second.

Based on what you're saying no solution would work, then we could keep it this way to have a consistent Thana spawn going on?

And don't mistake me, I fully support your indirect suggestion to get Harmony or some packet encryption and/or md5 client hashes for the client so no alternative things can be used. But that's a different suggestion.

Well as it is you have a slim chance to beat the program users so that's fine and dandy, if the quest were to be returned then the program users would win every time, same with removing the NPC until the spawn came up. Once the server gets harmony or some other protection then there shouldn't be an issue with returning the quest or something of the sort. Until then there's no clear cut solution for this issue.

Well one way I suggested in another thread concerning the same matter was making the entrance to thana rng based. People that enter the code correctly get warped to a waiting room where randomly one person will be selected to get to thana and the rest get warped out.

Some guys said that botters will always just multiclient to have a greater chance, but imo a bigger chance than others is better than a sure win over others.

Well that's a decent idea but if someone is running 10 clients and all of them are botting while 5 people are playing legit then it's not really fair for them. If the server got some basic third party program protection then this issue would be null. It would get rid of 90% of the botters on the server.