sirchief

Reconsider Sb Spam

well name the one that actually still plays SB compare to last time ..... still before nerf... u can count with 2 hands the number of SB players...

cuz everyone just quits that SB plays

Edited by mmband

You wanna know why they quit? They quit because they relied purely on being able to ignore the enemy equips and spam sb then backslide. It's the same as GS who only relied on Desperado then quit because for they gear switching is too difficult.

The reason for them quitting is not that it's a huge nerf it's because they simply suck at RO and relied purely on annoyance builds where they spam two skills and call themselves skilled. Also the BN users will all quit, because their actual inability to play the class will show.

no matter how good you are in switching gears, if the spam sucks,then how could he kill?

and also you said something about annoyance build?like SB+ backslide and repeat?

If your idea of pro build is using your edge+shield and then let's say add blue ifrit rings + 1amonra on boots and then wait until enemy seed/berry runs out, well that is just way too dumb.

SB types are supposed to be fast killers, but now, they can't do that anymore..

gennova, can you name your sinX friends?

no matter how good you are in switching gears, if the spam sucks,then how could he kill?

Again, the spam for legit users aka the ones that did not use any third party programs hasn't changed for sonic blow. Legit sinx before the nerf with link were able to do 3 , 4 when they get very lucky. Not more. Only people that were cheating in one way or another were able to do more sonic blows in one burst than 4. So I don't understand the discussion really. the only people that quit sinx after this change are the ones that were using programs to spam the skill with. The legit players won't notice much of a difference.

Besides 3-4 sonic blows is more than enough to kill.

and also you said something about annoyance build?like SB+ backslide and repeat?

If your idea of pro build is using your edge+shield and then let's say add blue ifrit rings + 1amonra on boots and then wait until enemy seed/berry runs out, well that is just way too dumb.

^ the answer to this was given by shadi already.

Again, the spam for legit users aka the ones that did not use any third party programs hasn't changed for sonic blow. Legit sinx before the nerf with link were able to do 3 , 4 when they get very lucky. Not more. Only people that were cheating in one way or another were able to do more sonic blows in one burst than 4. So I don't understand the discussion really. the only people that quit sinx after this change are the ones that were using programs to spam the skill with. The legit players won't notice much of a difference.

Besides 3-4 sonic blows is more than enough to kill.

They just made it so that macros and BN do not work for SB.

And also, before asking for other players' IGN, post yours so that we would know who you are.

Toushiro Hitsugaya, and 1 more friend who didnt play sinx but help me test it by making random sinx

And even if by any chance the delay got bad on your side, how many SB you can spam? Since full buffed SB can deal arround 70k to 90k SB in a split second if I'm not wrong.

If in less then 1 sec you spam 3 SB which is deal 210k damage, then you can kill half or more class in this server. C'mon we doesn't need a class who can 1 hit kill every class.

Even full vit Pally not many class can kill it alone, even ganked still hard to die.

Edited by gennova

well i think this should be reconsidered as well since GM Ares will help the bolt spam delay a reconsideration...

Don't put this thread and that thread on the same page. Read all the comment and compare it with this one.

woah,i think my comment in your thread was deleted because as far as I remember I said in there that if the spam of bolt will go back the way it was before, then all those people whom y'all saying uses 3rd party program will have the day of their life here in fRO..

People are disagreeing with this and then agreeing with the bolt?so lame and unfair

Edited by sirchief

Bolts do not "link together" like 3 spams of sonic blow. That's a huge difference. Are you really an idiot or what? Bolts send out separate damage per cast, unlike SB where you can link up to 3 and 4 of them and send out the damage in an instant.

I quote myself to save time, this is my reply on that thread.

Also, the bolt spam affects all users of the said skill, and that includes biochemists and their lvl 5 bolts.

Comparing the damage:

A normal lvl 10 bolt from a geared prof will hit(without the buffs like MB because few players use that) is on a 7-9k average. 10k on rare occasions. so that's a maximum of 90k-100k damage per instance.

A sonic blow hits up to 8x, the normal damage is around 8-10k as well(with the buffs on because every sonic blow sinx uses them) however sonic blow can be chained together until 3x on average, or even 4 if stunlocked or lucky. So the damage per instance is higher than the bolts.

8k X 8 hits = 64k per SB X 3x SB chained together = 192k damage OR 64k X 4x SB chained together = 256k damage

10k x 8 hits = 80k per SB X 3x SB chained together = 240k damage OR 80k X 4x SB chained together = 320k damage.

Not even comparable regarding damage. Also, they said that bolts are having at least .3-.5 delay, so just the spam is already not comparable.

woah,i think my comment in your thread was deleted because as far as I remember I said in there that if the spam of bolt will go back the way it was before, then all those people whom y'all saying uses 3rd party program will have the day of their life here in fRO..

People are disagreeing with this and then agreeing with the bolt?so lame and unfair

Try playing bolter class and compare it with SB Sinx. I didn't ask you which is better, I only want you to learn how to distinguish things that are clearly different.

Switching to edge n shield on an SB based SinX is a waste of time. SB is for quick and lethal engages, nothing more.

I'm sure that if anyone wanted to switch between his weapons and a shield they would've chosen dex dagger with injustice card.

Switching to sword n board on an SB SinX will make your presence available for far too long.

The unreliability of edge will end up either getting your link dispeled, or it'll wear off, get you stripped, comad yourself, lex'd, stone cursed, or armor broken.

And unless you're an LK or Paladin, I don't think anybody with half a brain is going to gtb vs a sinx. Crit, dex, SB. It's a death-wish. So don't count on that being any kind of an argument.

The ONLY argument stated here is that legit sinxs have seen no change.

I'll find that out myself when Tyrone is on to give me my cursed.

From the sounds of it, the change really only catered to those who already have low ping.

no one deleted it. and read my reply on that as well.

Try playing bolter class and compare it with SB Sinx. I didn't ask you which is better, I only want you to learn how to distinguish things that are clearly different.

The difference is:

Even when countered by GTB, bolter class,especially prof and hwiz, they still have their friggs and energy coat and they can still fight back using those strip cards on the other weapon or use stave crash with thana(if the player is really rich),but they can still stave crash with inca

SB sinX on the other hand, can be countered by dispell and they will become as useless as a rock

or use Orc Lord card and die with them, but if lucky,the target will survive and the SB sinX will die by his own damage

This is the reason why I'm asking that if the bolt will have a reconsideration, then SB should've as well

The difference is:

Even when countered by GTB, bolter class,especially prof and hwiz, they still have their friggs and energy coat and they can still fight back using those strip cards on the other weapon or use stave crash with thana(if the player is really rich),but they can still stave crash with inca

SB sinX on the other hand, can be countered by dispell and they will become as useless as a rock

or use Orc Lord card and die with them, but if lucky,the target will survive and the SB sinX will die by his own damage

This is the reason why I'm asking that if the bolt will have a reconsideration, then SB should've as well

You miss my point on distinguish things from my perspective, but oh well let it be. Since you are so attached to cling to SB so be it.

im clinging to SB as much as most of the community cling to the bolt thread because no one else would, and I've already explained all possible reason why it should have a reconsideration.

all the risk of playing that class was already on the previous comments

Please put up a video of your spam on SB to prove that you can only hit 2 constantly, then also put up your ping to the server. Because right now, we can't believe you can only hit 2 since we see/tested 3 sb spams normally.

Lastly, your suggestion is to "bring back spam to the way it was". From my understanding, this will never happen, as it never happened to Desperado. There are tweaks here and there but it never came back to the way it was as that would pave way to 8x+ sb using 3rd party programs which is pretty pathetic.

I don't think it matters at all what his spam is. 2 casts can and will kill most classes on gtb.

Just because he is a bad player the maximum potential of the skill which is a lot higher than what he can accomplish by relying on only sb and backslide spam won't fall.

Imo balance should always be aimed to balance the maximum playable potential, not the average level of play.

Edited by ChainBreak

I don't think it matters at all what his spam is. 2 casts can and will kill most classes on gtb.

Just because he is a bad player the maximum potential of the skill which is a lot higher than what he can accomplish by relying on only sb and backslide spam won't fall.

Imo balance should always be aimed to balance the maximum playable potential, not the average level of play.

That might be the case, but I still do want to see it in his point of view. If it is indeed true that he can only spam 2 SBs and we see that his ping is high, at least we know the reason for it, and that would be something for the gamemasters to consider. It would be pretty easy to see if he would be lying about his ping and his spam the moment he shows the video anyway.

Nobodies going to gtb vs a SinX.. Ever..

People actually go gtb against me when I play PvP. I only use dagger/edge and shield and only PvP to kill boredom, but many players go gtb after dying to coma once, which I would respond to with SB spam if I had my bm set to accomodate it properly.