Vinor

Ship Captain Hat Vs Vote King Set For Sniper

I have a full vote king set as well as ship captain hat. When I use the set I have enough Stat points for full dex, 101 crit, 195 aspd, some str, and about 110k hp. When I switch to ship captain, I do a bit more damage, but don't have 101 crit or 195 aspd, plus no extra stats for str or vit. What can I change/ add to make ship captain a better option?

• Like 1

ship captain shouldn't be used as a main top headgear. it's situational and makes you very vulnerable without a fsold/maya purple. your build is horribly bad anyway, at least for pvp. judging from your stats you don't have freyrs/ifrits, in which case don't bother wasting your stats on an FAS build. just go with DS until you can get crit gloves. you'll just get 2 shotted with 110k HP. you should really switch to a DS build in the meantime.

Use ship captain hat as the base for adding your stat (make it to get 195 ASPD and around 80 crit I think), but don't make ship captain hat as main headgear.

Use 2 Ifirt in accesory to make the stat more balanced. Incase you didn't have Frey Gauntlet, just use Bow Timble rather then Dex Belt or Dex Gauntlet.

But still its your choice.

1st - 110khp is way too low even if u dont have valk gears. At least get 200-220. but i prefer 240-270k others even higher.

2nd - Default on Fsold. Switch to Ship captain if ur imma arrow damage is high, means theya re on gr and most likely dont have puppetring on to stone u.

3rd - u dont necessarily have 101 crit, shold be around 84 in my own preference/build before.

4th - as others said, if u have a good spam, just go DS type for the meantime. fas will still be viable even ur on ds type build in my experience, its the HP that im most concerned of,

In reading other guides I saw get 101 crit, why only need 84 now? How would the DS build differ from FAS if I don't have enough HP or damage to make it worth while?

FAS add crit when you cast it, so 84crit is enough if you are a FAS spammer, I am pretty sure you didnt read it carefully. But if you really are talking about people who put 101 crit, those people just love crit with left click attack. You should try both and see what fits your plays style.

Not sure what exactly you want to ask in the second part.

But well, physical damage in this game is about by passing enemy defence, so when you are trying to damage people, its either crit attack or thana/ ice pick. DS make uses of thana, and FAS utilise crit mechanics.

And 110k health is below par.

Also, getting gears and resetting your stats isnt that hard of a thing in this server, just ignore those weirdos like opiate... they are really weird.

Edited by nate1002

In reading other guides I saw get 101 crit, why only need 84 now? How would the DS build differ from FAS if I don't have enough HP or damage to make it worth while?

FAS adds 20 crit, therefore 84 crit really gives you 104

with your current build you die to asura in one shot, FAS in two shots, vulcan in one shot, etc. you're fucked in literally any situation. you'll be burning through seeds faster than you can mash them, and along with mana uses you'll never win any fight. at least with DS you'll be able to sustain even a tiny bit. inca snipers are shit yes, but DS is a lot better in the meantime since they're not entirely useless like your current build makes you. if you're not absolute shit at abusing elements you'll still have pretty decent damage.

Better Use Ship Captain for damage

yeah, use ship captain for damage. forget it hinders you entirely by allowing you to get stone cursed or abused by cloak all day by any half decent player.

Edited by Opiate

Dont forget your buffs. + as one of the players said, the fas skill itself gives crit when used. so u dont really ncessary need to have your critical 101 or so.

Im actually a hybrid type long ago. DS/FAS type at the same time. As you said, the main issue here is your HP, if u at least have vote/o.king set, i believe you wont be having much trouble in your HP, unless you put ur stats on unnecessary ones or better yet allocated them in a wrong way, If you have at least 1 tao gunka on your armor, you should at least get 150k+hp with 80-100 vit, or even higher, I really dont know why you only have 110k hp. its like your a high wiz who is more deprived when it comes to HP.

so as i see it, u put too much luk just to get 101 crit. when u really dont need to specially when your a DS Type, Proper Cards and right arrows with average gears can deal decent ds damage even without the usage of thana.

and that will also solve your issue in ship captain or king set, switching is one of the aspects that we have here during PvP. Sometimes it dictates who wins or lose.

+vote capes are available for you now.