sartorius19

Reconsider The Update Spam Of Bolts

thats a big delay compared to skills that spams way faster and deals great damage than bolts.

I personally have played prof for a while know, and there is no way in hell that I could call them useless. Their bolts can still kill pretty easily and their survivability is extremely good. However the bolt delay does seem a tad too much to me. I personally completely agree with the nerf done to bolt spam as it was one of the skills that got abused with third party programs, not just on SN but also on prof.

The nerf however seems just a tad too big and I can see how this effects wizards and chemists as well. Since they don't have double bolt I feel like the spam right now is too slow to form any kind of threat (specially for chemists).

Bottom line: I completely support the decision to nerf the spamrate of the most-abused skills such as the bolts. The delay just seems a tad too high for me, specially for wizard/chemist. The bowling bash delay however seems perfect to me, it is still fast enough to easily kill but is no longer as abuse-able as before.

I personally have played prof for a while know, and there is no way in hell that I could call them useless. Their bolts can still kill pretty easily and their survivability is extremely good. However the bolt delay does seem a tad too much to me. I personally completely agree with the nerf done to bolt spam as it was one of the skills that got abused with third party programs, not just on SN but also on prof.

The nerf however seems just a tad too big and I can see how this effects wizards and chemists as well. Since they don't have double bolt I feel like the spam right now is too slow to form any kind of threat (specially for chemists).

Bottom line: I completely support the decision to nerf the spamrate of the most-abused skills such as the bolts. The delay just seems a tad too high for me, specially for wizard/chemist. The bowling bash delay however seems perfect to me, it is still fast enough to easily kill but is no longer as abuse-able as before.

Well the bolts before the update was never been a problem and seems fine the way it is.

My main point in this suggestion was that new ones who would love to play matk types would have a very hard time playing it without gear, specially the wiz.and prof, Its easy enough to reduce damage from bolts of people who uses average gears to 800-2k but lets say still enough to make other people go to gtb and of course lets not forget the other skills we have specially for wiz which can spam a great amount of meteor storm + the burst damage of an SG.

Staving is as hard if you dont have a thana, inca is really good as well but without good gears u will barely hit 13-18k, each stave and i doubt that many have good spams with stave._ considering the hp on wizard, its kinda hard.

With bolts current spam it wouldnt do good as bolt is one of the main skills for prof and wiz since ring for wiz adds up cold bolt damage and indirectly the bios, since we dont have cards for earth spike or soul strike it is hard to even with the damage are setting off and theya re nto available to the bios.

I personally dont consider prof as useless as well even after the nerf. Its the impact on most players im concerned about.

The last time bolts was abused was only due to SNs not having a delay + macros or sprite edit or whatsoever. So i dont see why it should be nerfed on this level for all of the jobs using it.

I have read this suggestion carefully and I think this has potential. I also took note of the other points that the contributors have said. Thank you and I'll try my best to have this checked and hopefully, implemented.

The last time bolts was abused was only due to SNs not having a delay + macros or sprite edit or whatsoever.

Please do not delete my comment because i already said this hours earlier..

If the spam of bolt were to be back the way it was before, then those people whom y'all calling 3rd party program users will have the day of their life here in fRO..

People are agreeing with this even but disagreeing on putting back the SB spam?that's just too lame

Bolts do not "link together" like 3 spams of sonic blow. That's a huge difference. Are you really an idiot or what? Bolts send out separate damage per cast, unlike SB where you can link up to 3 and 4 of them and send out the damage in an instant.

If the spam of bolt were to be back the way it was before, then those people whom y'all calling 3rd party program users will have the day of their life here in fRO..

People are agreeing with this even but disagreeing on putting back the SB spam?that's just too lame

This guy is bitter because his post about SB spam was meet a bitter end while this one bore a fruit

To tell you frankly, your argument is invalid and out of logic. We can clearly see why you bother to comment on this suggestion.

1st - i wont delete it. As you made it our proof for your own words

2nd - The thing before as u have said yourself is due to the bug on the priest capes by SNs which gives them no delay on spamming of bolts, this issue just not goes beyond a SINGLE job build(a job where legit players still spams the same), but affected ALL matk class in general if you havent noticed by comparing your suggestion and this suggestion.

3rd - suggestions are posted to see how the community would react or take it. i for many times suggested things that didnt get passed but i never put any comment like what you have done simply because your own suggestion gets negative feedback from the community. i found it absurd to say such things. i bet u didnt even tried to compare the situation of the suggestions posted.

4th - No matter how hard or bitter you would be, that won't change a thing. Its the community that decides before the staffs get to do something about it.

This server has a lot of bolter types compared to sb types that's why it's only natural that the community will agree to this thread.

Because since the beginning only few sinx stick to SB only all the time. And most of sinx who play that style not stay long playing that class even before the relevant update.

The reason is they know that they fail to play the class to the fullest thats all.

Your comment this time seems more like complain rather then argue. I think you're starting to out of reason when I see your comment was less and less unreasonable.

Hope this didn't turn into tasteless rampant.

ok,let me make my comment a little longer this time...

if in any case that the spam of bolt will be back the way it used to be, well, did you consider the fact that those who uses 3rd party program will benefit more?it's almost the same as saying that it's ok to use 3rd party program as long as you are a bolter since there are so many bolters in this server and no one probably won't notice or we're giving out license to use 3rd party program to those who use bolts..yeah, something like that.. and the end game here is: this server is completely free from 3rd party programs users, except for bolters because we make up most of the community..

The reason why this change happen is to make 3rd party program abuser who still use it even after update will get the same spam rate as a legitimate player, as for legitimate player won't notice the different. Only the 3rd party abuser. And as for why this bolt spam got positive feed back because even a legitimate player fall a victim as much as 3rd party program abuser, because the delay seems a bit too large.

And you got your fact wrong because this server hardly filled with magic user, since there is a little to begin with before update and after update the number keep decreasing. Knowing the fact that magic user easily countered with GTB if people won't bother use Maya on them. And its not rare for me to see magic user just give up their target just because their target switch to GTB rather then fight back using another option like Stave Crash.

This server mostly filled with Sniper not a bolter.

Again for the final and nth time ill say this. - No matter how hard or bitter you would be, THAT WON'T CHANGE A THING. You are only wasting efforts. And so we are, so ill stop here on replying to you. so far as this thread is concern.

You are starting to be a nuisance. You are only seeing your OWN points and dont even consider OUR points.

If thats the case of the argue i wont comment anymore. As i already stated what i needed to say, and no further explanations would be needed since i myself and the others have pointed it out clear enough repeatedly.

you constantly saying 3rd party programs. To make it clear to you. the delays was been updated like this to avoid the macros and such. And as you can read, we always had been saying, that only people who are using 3rd party program would feel the difference.

In the bolts case - even legit player got hit of too much delay as andrea said. which in general affected ALL matk users.

In the SB case - legit players still spam the same. so there should be no change on other legit players. which in general affected A SINGLE BUILD FOR A JOB. that should not be the case though.

also in the case you have too high ping, like ray said on the other thread, that will be a different case to consider.

Edited by sartorius19

it will fate the same destiny as gunslinger >D!

RIP

Anyhow an easier solution would be to revert the change and add some cast delay on the SN weapons instead.

It'll make them less OP and profs remain to be at a stable position when talking about competitive fights. However, it has to be kept in mind that Wizards are still lacking far more than either Professor or SN do at this time.

RIP

Anyhow an easier solution would be to revert the change and add some cast delay on the SN weapons instead.

It'll make them less OP and profs remain to be at a stable position when talking about competitive fights. However, it has to be kept in mind that Wizards are still lacking far more than either Professor or SN do at this time.

i agree on this ._.

i mean this was my original suggestion i have in mind, but i dont really know the exaact reason of adding the delay on bolts in the 1st place so i didnt talked bout it.

Edited by sartorius19

As a professor myself I have to disagree with this. Profs still are at a stable position when talking about competitive fights, even with these delays. Profs were being abused pretty hard by third party program users. a slight delay reduction maybe, but definitely not back to what it was. The other point I agree with, wizards should be looked into more as they are far behind almost all other jobs on the server and they are hit harder by this change than profs due to them not having double bolt.

As a professor myself I have to disagree with this. Profs still are at a stable position when talking about competitive fights, even with these delays. Profs were being abused pretty hard by third party program users. a slight delay reduction maybe, but definitely not back to what it was. The other point I agree with, wizards should be looked into more as they are far behind almost all other jobs on the server and they are hit harder by this change than profs due to them not having double bolt.

i think its been the HP of wiz that should be looked into more as skills such matk attacks and stave are already good.

also the issue on the gemstones when using the gravitational field.

i think its been the HP of wiz that should be looked into more as skills such matk attacks and stave are already good.

Greatly agree on gemstones part for Ganbantein.

Get wizard soullink and You can use all skill that requires gems without use them, but You need to have at least 1 in your inventory.

Edited by Desamor

Get wizard soullink and You can use all skill that requires gems without use them, but You need to have at least 1 in your inventory.

That also still a problem since Link is easily dispeled, not to mention unlike LK there is almost no way High Wiz defaulting GTB all the time without devo.

That also still a problem since Link is easily dispeled, not to mention unlike LK there is almost no way High Wiz defaulting GTB all the time without devo.

Well, same with priest doing HL or SinX doing SB :P! and this topic is going off topic w3w, since this is about bolts >D!

(Even tho' still a GM should reply to this d_p)