Rayray

Skills That Would Need Server Side Delays.

ign: Rant

*side note: Accused him of BN in pvp room once and he denied it but stopped spamming BB and logged off never to be seen again, until WoE since GM's don't watch people during WoE*

Rant speaking now as I have no intention of creating a forum account for a game/server which seems to be evoking a culture of poignant turds/nerds. Disclaimer for the faint of heart, my name is Rant for a reason. So, regarding the side-note: While it's sad that you think I logged off (never to be seen again) because I was hiding something -- You're too far off-point. For most of my stay (which is what, around a month and a few weeks) on this server, I've encountered too many of you whiny little bitches complaining about spam and asking to nerf this and that, which to be honest are things I don't give the tiniest fuck about. I play casually and I try not to dwell on e-peening and drama like you seem to fancy. And nope, I don't go to the PvP room so you might have been referring to for_fild since that's basically the only PvP map I went to (maybe aside from those prt_in where people were buffing) when I was starting on this server. There's no point in going to that map as LK because A) Knockback B) Whiny little bitches (this is where you fall in) and C) I'd rather spend my time on other games.

I suggest that the next time you post a video of me spamming BB, you tell me in advance so I can come and pose and say "Hi Mom!" I'm told that in one of the posts in this forum, one of you was saying that he/she is a pianist. I do not give a fuck. You can spam and finger yourself in the morning if you have to. Here, have some wipes. Would you like a cookie to go with that?

Regarding the banning of macro-enabled gaming equipment, sure. It's good that the GM Team is initiating an effort for this but hi, how are you planning to gauge this efficiently? Also, will you be reimbursing players the cost of purchasing their gaming equipment? I highly doubt it. It's an edge provided for those people who don't work in McDonald's and would be happy to earn $ 1k each month or those who still live off of their parents' allowance *cough cough whoever the fuck this perfecthit shit is*

Instead, what the GM Team should implement is a delay on potions/usable items. You keep trying to control spam, which proves to be difficult due to several factors - and hey you keep bringing up shitty harmony, when there's what you call Adelays which is loads better. For this, you can ask your low-rate WoE server peers. They do quite a fine job at it. However, you see how evident it is how people can tank/out-pot (maybe autopot, even) and you know how this is possible because of spammable seeds.

Just so we're clear, I don't use BN. I use WTFast and macro-enabled eq. If you're still going to complain about it, that's not my problem. Go bring that whiny ass elsewhere, it's not like I find any consolation in playing a zerg-only server.

Rant speaking now as I have no intention of creating a forum account for a game/server which seems to be evoking a culture of poignant turds/nerds. Disclaimer for the faint of heart, my name is Rant for a reason. So, regarding the side-note: While it's sad that you think I logged off (never to be seen again) because I was hiding something -- You're too far off-point. For most of my stay (which is what, around a month and a few weeks) on this server, I've encountered too many of you whiny little bitches complaining about spam and asking to nerf this and that, which to be honest are things I don't give the tiniest fuck about. I play casually and I try not to dwell on e-peening and drama like you seem to fancy. And nope, I don't go to the PvP room so you might have been referring to for_fild since that's basically the only PvP map I went to (maybe aside from those prt_in where people were buffing) when I was starting on this server. There's no point in going to that map as LK because A) Knockback B) Whiny little bitches (this is where you fall in) and C) I'd rather spend my time on other games.

I suggest that the next time you post a video of me spamming BB, you tell me in advance so I can come and pose and say "Hi Mom!" I'm told that in one of the posts in this forum, one of you was saying that he/she is a pianist. I do not give a fuck. You can spam and finger yourself in the morning if you have to. Here, have some wipes. Would you like a cookie to go with that?

Regarding the banning of macro-enabled gaming equipment, sure. It's good that the GM Team is initiating an effort for this but hi, how are you planning to gauge this efficiently? Also, will you be reimbursing players the cost of purchasing their gaming equipment? I highly doubt it. It's an edge provided for those people who don't work in McDonald's and would be happy to earn $ 1k each month or those who still live off of their parents' allowance *cough cough whoever the fuck this perfecthit shit is*

Instead, what the GM Team should implement is a delay on potions/usable items. You keep trying to control spam, which proves to be difficult due to several factors - and hey you keep bringing up shitty harmony, when there's what you call Adelays which is loads better. For this, you can ask your low-rate WoE server peers. They do quite a fine job at it. However, you see how evident it is how people can tank/out-pot (maybe autopot, even) and you know how this is possible because of spammable seeds.

Just so we're clear, I don't use BN. I use WTFast and macro-enabled eq. If you're still going to complain about it, that's not my problem. Go bring that whiny ass elsewhere, it's not like I find any consolation in playing a zerg-only server.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

They are not obligated to reimburse the cost of gaming gears, are you nuts? I doubt anyone here who have gaming stuff bought them SPECIFICALLY for this RO(I know I don't). It's not like FRO advertised the use of them anyway. And again, it is still an edge of having the gaming gear even without the macro as their response time to each keystroke is a tad better than normal hardware. Banning of macros is a good call imo.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Crap, you beat me to it.

Crap, you beat me to it.

He's playing that "I'm-too-cool-for-school, fuck-the-police, keyboard-warrior" flair which is all the more hilarious over the internet. He's a deer caught in headlights; angry that I frap'd him in the act.

He's playing that "I'm-too-cool-for-school, fuck-the-police, keyboard-warrior" flair which is all the more hilarious over the internet. He's a deer caught in headlights; angry that I frap'd him in the act.

I actually thought it was a copypasted trolling post from 4chan or reddit.

Skills that supposedly need server-side delay

1. Double Strafe*

2. Cart Termination*

3. Focused Arrow Strike*

4. Sonic Blow

5. Bowling Bash**

Skills that need fixing on their delay

1. Arrow Vulcan***

*- as pointed out by Airi. Putting hard delays on these skills will break the class that uses them as these are the only skills they can use. Which makes them tentative on this list or would need a different approach.

**- You can only see how ridiculous the spam of BB in WoE or against walled opponents.

***- AV can only be spammed a maximum of 3x(rarely). This cannot kill anyone. It needs to be increased a bit so that people will stop relying on tarot to kill with the clown/gypsy class.

Nerfing DS & FAS spam rate? Great way to delete a class from the already small pool of actual viable PvPers.

What NEEDS to be done is remove the splash effect on it, when they get someone who's capable of doing so.

Cart Term, terrible idea. WS is almost as easy to counter as casters.

Sonic Blow, as annoying as it CAN be, it's fine where it's at. The most vulnerable build option for them, it's up to you to capitalize on it or not.

Bowling Bash, could easily be used against themselves. I believe Spiraling Pierce could use a spam rate reduction over that.

I also don't even want to imagine reducing AV reduction, so long as coma card exists.

Not to mention, almost every tarot spamming kid in the field hits the win button and can chuck out 4-5 of them no prob.

Edited by Zombee

Nerfing DS & FAS spam rate? Great way to delete a class from the already small pool of actual viable PvPers.

What NEEDS to be done is remove the splash effect on it, when they get someone who's capable of doing so.

Cart Term, terrible idea. WS is almost as easy to counter as casters.

Sonic Blow, as annoying as it CAN be, it's fine where it's at. The most vulnerable build option for them, it's up to you to capitalize on it or not.

Bowling Bash, could easily be used against themselves. I believe Spiraling Pierce could use a spam rate reduction over that.

I also don't even want to imagine reducing AV reduction, so long as coma card exists.

Not to mention, almost every tarot spamming kid in the field hits the win button and can chuck out 4-5 of them no prob.

Sigh. It's been stated before. This isn't "nerfing" anyone's spam. Genesis has made it clear that,

We won't be adding hard delays onto any skills, we will just make the client and server delays match. Meaning third party programs will offer no advantage.

This should't affect any legitimate player.

Hey dude that side note is obviously a Lie every ende members can say its a lie . Rant only Woes he never gets into pvp / forfild . And i can see u crying everywhere in the forum about getting killed maybe u r so weak even the novices kill u.About that video u posted if u have so much doubt u can connect to his pc using teamviewer and see how he breaks u r balls

Could care less what your lying pinoy friends say, It happened. And the rest of your shit talking is complete nonsense and half of it didn't even make sense or just a bad joke.

To reply to this dumbass, I did not post the video or even record it so maybe you should open your damn eyes before you quote me and try to attack me. And you just admitted to use macro which is no longer allowed so I don't see a reason why the GM's shouldn't ban you right now. While you're a casual player but still feel the need to spent a decent amount of money on gaming equipment, I mean if you need the extra help by all means, but just don't claim to be any good if you're using performance enhancers.Sorry I don't spend my money on items that will help me be "better" at a video game, rather spend them on cloths and sneakers, but that's just me. And yes I play video games in my spare time as I am a kid, isn't that what we do? I'm guessing you're atleast 25+ still playing a private RO server honestly just feel bad for you if you have found nothing to do with your life still.

Edited by ThePerfectHit

Could care less what your lying pinoy friends say, It happened. And the rest of your shit talking is complete nonsense and half of it didn't even make sense or just a bad joke.

To reply to this dumbass, I did not post the video or even record it so maybe you should open your damn eyes before you quote me and try to attack me. And you just admitted to use macro which is no longer allowed so I don't see a reason why the GM's shouldn't ban you right now. While you're a casual player but still feel the need to spent a decent amount of money on gaming equipment, I mean if you need the extra help by all means, but just don't claim to be any good if you're using performance enhancers.Sorry I don't spend my money on items that will help me be "better" at a video game, rather spend them on cloths and sneakers, but that's just me. And yes I play video games in my spare time as I am a kid, isn't that what we do? I'm guessing you're atleast 25+ still playing a private RO server honestly just feel bad for you if you have found nothing to do with your life still.

Sorry let me correct something thats wrong (not gonna defend him for using BN or not, I don't care).

First, Rant isn't from Philipines he is from Singapore. Lets just stop at this point.

Second, this one statement I bold in second paragraph make me laugh. Yea sorry if I was 23 years old and still palying game. I do work like any normal people and playing game to help me relieved from stress and fatigue as well for killing time just like what kid do.

Hahaha let's just stop at this point.

Edited by gennova

Sorry let me correct something thats wrong (not gonna defend him for using BN or not, I don't care).

First, Rant isn't from Philipines he is from Singapore. Lets just stop at this point.

Second, this one statement I bold in second paragraph make me laugh. Yea sorry if I was 23 years old and still palying game. I do work like any normal people and playing game to help me relieved from stress and fatigue as well for killing time just like what kid do.

Hahaha let's just stop at this point.

Wasn't calling him pinoy, reread the sentence and I don't have a problem if you're older and still play but he called himself a casual player but yet still feels the need to buy performance enhancing equipment? I just thought that was funny.

Edited by ThePerfectHit

He's a casual player here in FRO. I invited him over to join us in WoEs a month ago, so he is mostly not online outside WoE hours. And for your information, majority of ende members are not Filipino, though I do not understand why such a discriminating statement was brought up in the first place.

As for the purchase of gaming gears, i really do not think it's our place to judge. If he holds a well paid job and has extra cash, why not. As much as you tried to deny and would like to believe it's an excuse, quite a good number of ende members do own gaming gears. This also comes down to why Rant mentioned reimbursement, as many did purchase Razor keyboards after we obtained clearance from Genesis that it is legit. In fact, one member actually just bought his keyboard 2 weeks ago. I don't think Rant meant reimbursement as in monetary compensation, but just an expression that banning a function from a gaming keyboard does not look good. Especially after we consulted Genesis and bothered investing in good legit spam.

I'm no expert, but from my understanding, BN bypasses server side delay, Macro does not. Macro gives u the convenience of reducing human reaction delay and not having to slap at your keyboard repeatedly, especially in a high spamming server like FRO. In other words, best possible legit spam. It's one of the most important features of a gaming keyboard. Therefore, I think Genesis' idea of adjusted delay would be a better option instead of banning a function from a gaming keyboard which people paid good money for.

To sum up my stand, I agree BN is absolutely not tolerable. and that auto seeders are a bigger problem than macro users.

On a side note, i had a look at the video posted, i really don't see him doing insane spam that warrants such special attention, I see the same spam rate if not higher in many LKs/Snipers in that same WoE.

I'm going to close this topic now since it's devolved into fighting which is unproductive. Thanks to all who have contributed to this topic. We'll be carefully going over each post and considering everyone's opinions. I think we have a good idea now on how to best address this issue. :)