Forum~

Nerf Parry On Lk

you dont really get it do you??lol.. thats why you should change elements on your garments or armors to lessen the damage done by it..

because at the end of the day GMs wont remove parry lol. we cant do anything about it. ^^

Edited by AdLibithum

im suggesting u should play with the cards in your weapon like dispell..

use elements in your cloak. to lessen LKs damage. change elements whenever

the damage from it gets high.. if u know hes not on fcp use cards for strips..

play with your cards..

anyways ur suggestion to remove parry wont happen.. because its a natural

skill of LKs. GMs wont remove it so play ur cards and equips ryt to pawn LKs..

Thats what im trying to suggest.. its up to you though.. ^^

And plus lks on gtb cant really tank cart termination on full speed and full damage..^^ unless spam seeds

but at the end of the scenario lk will be out of seeds and will be ko.^^

1. Valk rand dispel works if you attack, or melee reflect. That's no problem with ranged classes, but its not like you can't cast parry after getting dispelled right? so dispel is pointless, since you can just cast parry again.

2. Use element reducts on cloak? Sure, so I can receive Thanatos Bowling Bash and die faster.

3. Parry with a shield is not natural. Parry was there to compensate the lack of shield when using 2 handed swords. It shouldn't have been allowed to be used with a sword and shield.

4. WS gets screwed by dispel more than LKs. While LK can just recast parry when dispel removes parry, LK can just attack and forget parry for a while. WS cannot fight back once he gets dispelled since his skill needs the buffs to be up.

Also, why are you so sure that the GMs will not remove parry from the weapon? The reducts from the stalker bow was removed and the strip from the sniper bow was removed because they were not balanced. Parry is on the same level.

Lol anyways i've already suggested something not to get really scared when dealing with LKs.

And about the cloak you'r telling i've mentioned elements with cloak and armor. So it just mean that

if the opponent is using thana then you should just change ur armor's element.. Its about how tough

you are when dealing with hard opponents.. Use your BRAIN and INSTINCTS don't be just like a scared Sh*t. ^^

Lol anyways i've already suggested something not to get really scared when dealing with LKs.

And about the cloak you'r telling i've mentioned elements with cloak and armor. So it just mean that

if the opponent is using thana then you should just change ur armor's element.. Its about how tough

you are when dealing with hard opponents.. Use your BRAIN and INSTINCTS don't be just like a scared Sh*t. ^^

Then please, also use your brain to reply well. changing elemental armors is rather pointless as one wrong prediction against an LK will get you killed, rather use dual taos or force fsoldier card by wearing tao+puppetring, thus eliminating ship captain hat. Also, if you are using dispel, you are stuck with gr armor against LK, so why would I use another armor then? That makes it seem pointless and unnecessary as it is very easy to just use another converter.

Also, I use Biochemist so I don't care about parry as I can bypass it. Other classes do not have that luxury.

Lastly, you imply that everyone who agreed with this suggestion do not know how to use their brain and instincts and just want to nerf LK. If you didn't notice, the one who suggested uses LK. He knows the LK class do not need the parry.

Edited by Rayray

LOL I can't stop laughing. Since when parry is natural skill of LK using together with shield O.o

Edited by gennova

im suggesting u should play with the cards in your weapon like dispell..

use elements in your cloak. to lessen LKs damage. change elements whenever

the damage from it gets high.. if u know hes not on fcp use cards for strips..

play with your cards..

And plus lks on gtb cant really tank cart termination on full speed and full damage..^^ unless spam seeds

but at the end of the scenario lk will be out of seeds and will be ko.^^

Parry was implemented for 2HS weapons and not 1 handed, how is that natural? I use the dispell tactic for my sinx as I earlier mentioned, but its not enough to go against a class that can deal 20-30k damage against you. Even more if I decide to dual wield. Yes, I can try to switch gears and cards but he can also do the same. I'd even need to use RSX just to stay close to him to attack which just leads to a BB frenzy. He can dispell me as well which will make me continuously enchant. I even fought an LK from Motto who resorted to coma.

If you want parry use a 2HS weapon, obviously you lose the shield but if you want to stick with the shield and give up the parry get a 1HS weapon.

you dont really get it do you??lol.. thats why you should change elements on your garments or armors to lessen the damage done by it..

because at the end of the day GMs wont remove parry lol. we cant do anything about it. ^^

nga went full retard XD

Now we wait for some people who main LKs and abuse parry to create ridiculous statements on how easily Parry LK is to counter.

^
The prediction. It took quite a while but one definitely came.

lol its just a matter of strategy on how u will kill a lk even with or without parry.. all chars here in fro are just balanced.

for example on whitesmith, whitesmith can attack an lk without any miss with cart ram. there are some strategy on how u will manage to kill

LKs.. In that case their are not considered as OP. Just Learn how to play with them.. ^^

Doesn't really need removal/nerf. It can be easily dispelled and can be bypassed with magic.

PARRY is instacast. And not all people are magic types...

PARRY is instacast. And not all people are magic types...

Yes its definitely useless dispelling parry cause he will just recast it in a mere second and as you might know, magic type in this server is not popular

Doesn't really need removal/nerf. It can be easily dispelled and can be bypassed with magic.

Scenario: LK vs Prof

LK casts parry and proceeds to BB prof

Prof casts bolts

LK hp is high enough not to die

Prof used dispel

LK recasts parry

LK put on GTB

LK player decided to sit and afk so he can make coffee downstairs while prof tries to damage with stave

Parry procs a lot

LK player returns to see prof still staving away

LK sips on his coffee

LK finally seeds

Repeat

This is exaggeration but pretty much correct. Magic does bypass parry but as LK can just put on GTB against them, that does not make it the counter. It would have been if LK isn't allowed to use shield with parry.

Prof casts bolts

Prof used dispel

LK recasts parry

LK put on GTB

LK player decided to sit and afk so he can make coffee downstairs while prof tries to damage with stave

Parry procs a lot

LK sips on his coffee

LK finally seeds

Repeat

This is exaggeration but pretty much correct. Magic does bypass parry but as LK can just put on GTB against them, that does not make it the counter. It would have been if LK isn't allowed to use shield with parry.

I laff'd

which is pretty much on my experience as well xD

in my case. i wait for 10 min,. till fcp gone and strip then bolt

Prof casts bolts

Prof used dispel

LK recasts parry

LK put on GTB

Parry procs a lot

LK sips on his coffee

LK finally seeds

Repeat

I laff'd

From all the Input given in this suggestion I am up for a modification of Parry. I shall be discussing this with my colleagues to identify how we could balance the skill so that it becomes still viable e.g. for Knight/Legendary Set users. Since they do not have the high-end items. But that is just a quick thought. Nonetheless we will be working on it in the near future. Thank you everybody for your input! =]

was just in the middle of typing a long and detailed explanation why LKs are overpowered but oh well, too lazy to finish it.

To sum it up though, the vital problem here is the PARRY + SPAM RATE OF BOWLING BASH = TOO OP. Remove/fix one, and it should be fine.

just some suggestion:

Solution1:

remove parry for 1hand sword+shield -Don't just lower the chance rate of parry. REMOVE IT. It's an abomination.

Solution2:

decrease the spam rate of Bowling Bash -If you ask me, this prolly is a better option.

well i heard a rumor in-game from one of the players. said that parry wont be nerfed. O.O i hope not, this needs to be reconsidered.

well i heard a rumor in-game from one of the players. said that parry wont be nerfed. O.O i hope not, this needs to be reconsidered.

If it's from a player, it probably isn't true, as Dream himself is up for it.

Prof casts bolts

Prof used dispel

LK recasts parry

LK put on GTB

Parry procs a lot

LK sips on his coffee

LK finally seeds

Repeat

Ray...you made me spurt hot tea all over my laptop..

I just died lol'ing here...i need resu... xD